“One night stay”
Review of Grupotel Gravina

Grupotel Gravina
Ranked #262 of 517 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Tiny compact bathroom with bath that has never seen cleaning products, no where to put your shampoo etc in the shower/bath who wants to put them on the stained bits, dodgy air conditioning they will send a technician at 4am to basically press a few buttons & promise to return in 10 mins understandably these things happen but why say your coming back & do not , rock hard beds (you will need a massage the morning after) not a pleasant stay whatsoever

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DGL123
Write a ReviewReviews (1,093)

Reviewed 5 June 2017

Stayed here for 3 nights in May. This is a very nice three star hotel perfectly located just 10mins stroll from the top of the Rambla. Rooms are clean with good facilities, lovely beds.We were fortunate to be given a room with a patio which was a bonus. Breakfast was varied to accommodate the different nationalities and was excellent.There is also snack bar which serves alcohol in the evening.Check in/out straightforward and all staff are first class. a very enjoyable stay and would certainly return and recommend to others.

Stayed: May 2017
Reviewed 31 May 2017

Nice little centrally located hotel. We were given a room with a nice-sized private terrace. We were upgraded to a larger room, can't imagine a room much smaller than what we were in!

Notes:

Clean but corners, etc. a little grungy. Lots of hot water and water pressure is great. Poorly designed shower, we can point shower head right or left and move it up and down on a slider, but we cannot change the angle and it comes straight out. There is a door that stops short of the end of the enclosure, so water almost pours out onto the floor. Later: Figured the shower head out Friday morning.

Very good breakfast, it was not included in our rate, but the charge was modest.

A/C working great. Wifi not so great

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

I checked in and was greeted with the most insane and strong gas smell in this hotel. It absolutely stinks and it's a health risk!

We were shown to the room and you have the go into two seperate elevators that are tiny.. then climb stairs with your case.

I started to feel light headed and sick from the smell after five minutes.

I explained that there is no way I can stay as I will be ill. They refused to let me out of the booking. They have taken my money and copy's of my card. They argued with me and were no way understanding. They were charging 330E a night for this hotel.

I'm speechless and shocked these places are still in business! If they charge my card I will contact my bank as this is theft for no services and this hotel is truly not focused on customers or there experience.

Avoid this place.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank David M
Reviewed 18 May 2017

The location is very good, very central and close to metro, buses etc so perfect point to explore the city from. If you get the bus from the airport it is only a short walk from the bus stop.
Check in was easy and Marcus on reception was informative and efficient, he was always friendly and helpful. All the staff we had contact with were very helpful indeed.
We booked this hotel on the recommendation of a friend, he told us to book a room with a balcony and we did. The balcony was small and didn't have chairs, however it was nice to open the doors and look out (worth paying for a balcony room)
It was fairly noisy at night with the doors open but close we didn't hear much noise.
First impressions of the room appears a bit more basic than I had expected, however the room was clean, beds were really comfortable and linen was nice too. Plenty of wardrobe space as well.
Bathroom was good, really hot water and the shower had good pressure.
We didn't book breakfast every day but did have it on our last day and it was very good (10 euro) really good selection of juice and milk ( soya also ) excellent continental style as well as cooked to order eggs and omelette and very good breads.
I would stay here again, the location is good, staff friendly and very clean.

Room Tip: Balcony room
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Melanie R
Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

Checked in quite late the reception staff were very helpful and friendly. Checked into my room on the firsr floor. Door opens inwards to a bed. The room is tiny i was a solo traveller so it was ok for me but i wouldnt put two people in there. The bathroom was spacious needed a deep clean as mould growing on seal around bath. Tv (ok i know you dont come to watch tv but it was night) there isnt any English channels even though room says theres 7 you get bbc news and American news. My window - rather pointless i looked out at a garbage shoot i think and lots of metal plus side was the room was pitch black all day if you looked right up you could tell the weather.
The breakfast was substandard more cakes and pastries. The bar was hardly manned i was stood for 10 min one night when wine was poured it had about 10 dead flies in it. Next night another 10min wait but the man at reception then came to serve me instead and apologised. All in all i paid £485 for a dark box room with boring breakfast.
Plus side is the location its a 5-10 min walk to P.Catalonya. Staff were helpful.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

Booked this hotel on the recommendation of a friend - location perfect - on arrival staff so helpful this continued throughout our stay - Marcos on reception professional friendly and very helpful - comfy beds, clean rooms (recommended a balcony)WIFI coffee in the morning - just a lovely experience

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends