“Super clean, modern hotel and friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Turin Hotel

Turin Hotel
Ranked #151 of 521 Hotels in Barcelona
Toronto
“Super clean, modern hotel and friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2012

Location is amazing, we got off the Aerobus from the airport and walked less than 10 minutes for Placa Catalunya. Hotel is right across The Meridien and 1898, 2 posher places.

We stayed here for 6 nights, and love the location and staff, are friendly and welcoming. Tonight is our last night. There are 2 PC downstairs in the lobby, a PC and a Mac. Not people are using it. There are no printers.

On average, we are paying 150 euros per night, Friday and Saturday are more expensive than the other evenings. There's the also Formula One happening this week-end we learned. The shower is very powerful, amazing water coming out. Unlike other European hotels where there's a small glass wall, this shower has 2 glass doors that slide and close properly
Products are supplied everyday (shampoo and soap). Cleaning person will leave you nice packs of Kleenex so you can bring out. Towels are thick and white, not cheap stuff.Excellent cleaning job and we also asked the maid to replace our hotels one morning since we didn't need her to clean anything.
Also, hotel has an elevator and is very quick!
The bed: love it, comfy pillows, mattress isn't flimsy, not hard or overused, just perfect.
Flat screen TV with 2 English channels: BBC and CNN
Free wifi in your room, and it works very well!
Breakfast: we didn't do the hotel's continental that costs 14 euros. Instead, I went to Olivia Cafe on Pintor Fortuny 22, turn left as you exit the hotel, walk 2 blocks and you will see it across the street. The girl who works there is very nice and she knows I want milk in my coffee. With a croissant, the total came 2.40 euros, a bargain. There's also a square next to the hotel on the right side called Carrer Xucla, I stopped by Milinda for breakfast but that coffee wasn't good. A freshly squeezed cup of OJ was 3 euros. If you walk down the narrow lane on Xucla, you will 1) the Forn Boix bakery on your left, just maybe 3 meters down the lane where there's the Buy gold jewellery sign. And on that same lane, you will find the Carrefour supermarket, amazing if you want to buy wine, food, water and anything else. They close at 10 PM. We purchased a gigantic 5L for .60euros.

We stayed in room 412, we booked directly online with the hotel's site. It's quiet. The room is small but well designed so you can have both luggages put up on a long table. And there's an electronic safe. There are lockers downstairs if you want to store your big luggage. And a big terrace upstairs which we didn't have time to check out.

This is close to Liceu metro or Jaume 1. You can walk to many places. We also purchased a 4-day bus pass to visit different places.

I highly recommend the hotel, come here, you won't regret what you paid for.
We also stayed at Cool Hotel Barcelona, we went inside to have a peek one night and asked for a price and the guy at reception was rude, wouldn't want to give any range. Don't go there.

Room Tip: Room 412, there are elevators in this hotel so not to worry.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Lee_Toronto_528

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012

My wife and I stayed at Hotel Turin for six nights in October 2011 and loved it.
Extremely convenient to Las Ramblas and Plaza de Catalunya, but in a reasonably quiet side street which reduced the noise.
The room was fairly basic but comfortable and clean, the customer service was very friendly and helpful.
Within 50 metres of the hotel is a nice plaza with several good eateries/bars where we often had meals at various times of the day

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GJM-Melbourne
England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

Just returned from Hotel Turin with some friends on a girlie weekend break - location was just perfect. A stones throw from all the hustle & bustle of La Rambla & Catalunya Square would definitely stay again. Rooms basic no frills but very adaquate, beds very comfortable and the shower was brilliant. Only complaint they advertise teas & coffees in reception but never seemed to have any milk (four days) such a small thing but so easily rectified - shame! Never tried breakfasts as there are plenty of restaurants to choose from close by. The staff on reception were always very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lyn54England
Windsor, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2012

ideal for a very quick visit to barcelona - there were 3 of us and we only stayed one night but erre abe to leave hand luggage securely during the day and did not have to check out till noon

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Peterandclaire_10
u.k
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

Good points: Excellent location. Good choice of bars and restaurants next to hotel. Room clean and functional.
Bad points: No tea or coffee in room and worst not even a bottle of water. Room was tiny!
A smell of stale water in reception - bit off-putting.

Room Tip: Ensure that you are clear as to the size of room before you book and if you dont mind not having bev...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank linds99
Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Terrasse room at the seventh floor so I can't say much about other rooms. Our room was absolutely fabulous with a giant terrasse with a magnificent roof top view of Barcelona. The location was beyond amazing, the hotel is clean as a whistle, and the staff is so nice and helpful... I wish I could go there again! My wife is sensitive to Gluten and I sent an email about it to the hotel. Boy, were they ready and helpful!!! I regret I didn't write down the names of the breakfast staff so I could personally express our thanks for all their care and help. Great job guys, you certainly made us feel at home in Barcelona!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank anton_barr
Philadelphia, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

I chose this hotel based on proximity to the Aerobus (Plaza Catalunya) and other reviews on this site. I think I made a good choice.

Stayed here for 2 nights in April 2012. I booked a single room, but they made a mistake and gave me a double (but didn't charge me extra). Room was clean, spacious and comfortable. Bathroom was big and good shower strength. Walls are definitely thin, can hear your neighbors and outside street noise. But I wore earplugs, so no problem. Staff was friendly. Very convenient to Las Ramblas and other main attractions. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo