“OK hotel for visiting Barcelona”
Review of U232 Hotel

U232 Hotel
Ranked #53 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Redmond, WA
“OK hotel for visiting Barcelona”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I've stayed at the Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona before on business multiple times, the Hilton is a gorgeous hotel. U232 is no Hilton, but Hilton is pretty far from the city center and for on our recent family vacation trip to Spain, we stayed at U232 for our Barcelona stop. The location for U232 is very good, away from the craziness of Ramblas, but still within walking distance (15-20 minutes). Lots of good restaurant choices within 5 minute walk, and there is a grocery store nearby that you can stock up on water. The breakfast at U232 is fairly good too and if you buy the breakfast at check-in, they knock the price from 14 euro to 10. The room is tiny (which I expected for European hotels) and the shower didn’t work properly through our stay (that I didn’t expect). We had two bathrooms for our room (both were tiny), one has a shower/tub combo, the other has a shower, none of the shower had enough water pressure to work properly and I ended up having to hand hold the shower head to wash away the shampoo and soap. Would I stay at U232 again? If I am by myself on business, I will definite go back to the Hilton, if I am traveling with the family, that will a maybe.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Excellent Hotel.
Great service
Great rooms
Good Location - walking distance (10/15minutes) from all sights. 2 minutes walk to metro station.
IN very elegant and secure area of town.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank iosonoelena
Inverness
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Just back from a 4 night stay for our wedding anniversary at the excellent U232. Wonderful decor, very clean, superb service from all the staff, great choice of breakfast and relaxing background music. We had a U232 room which had the biggest bed.
Only 200Mts from the metro and the same to the bus stop. I would certainly not hesitate to stay there again.
To all the staff at the hotel.....Thank you very much for helping to make our trip a pleasant one.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rob M
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 5 April 2012

After 6 nights in BCN and being stuck due to the strike I did not want to stay at the current hotel so I chose this one for 2 nights and I am still kicking myself that I did not choose U232 first. This hotel was a dream. Beautiful decor, great staff, great breakfast, bar and lobby was very nice. And the price was about the same as I paid for a dump. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank eazyeh
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 30 March 2012

The hotel isnt in the heart of the main touristy areas, but in a nice quiet part of Barcelona - within walking distance of everything - an easy 5-10 minute walk to the main road where the "hop-on" tours stops and a short distance from bus # 59.

The decor is contemporary with dark colors, cocktail bar in the front entrance. Easy jazz music playing softly throughout. Super fast free internet with a printer.
Rooms were very modern. The place was immaculately clean. The staff were very pleasant, extremely friendly and obliging, helpful with directions, recommendations and other needs. Multilingual so I did not have to embarrass myself trying to speak Spanish.

Restaurants, shops, cafes and supermarkets all nearby.

From the service, to the room to the location, I could not fault the U232.
I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank always-l
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2012

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the U232 Hotel during a short city break, and thouroughly enjoyed our stay. The hotel was situated in a convenient location for exploring the city and was only a 20 minute walk to la ramblas and other attractions. The hotel was decorated to a very high standard, and excellent value for money. We decided the standard of the hotel and value for money were worth the mere 20 minutes stroll in the sunshine instead of somewhere of a much lower standard and more expensive in the city centre. The hotel staff were friendly, approchable and happy to help and the decor of the hotel itself was of a very high standard. Our room was beautiful and hard to leave. We would definitely recommend staying there.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Alexandra G
littlemissn99
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We stayed here on a girl's weekend - two tripple rooms - and were very pleasantly surprised. As we had gotten a really good deal online, we honestly didn't expect much, and we couldn't have been more wrong!

The hotel is decorated really well, and is modern/contemporary. All the rooms were spotlessly clean, and everything looked like new. We were at the back of the hotel, and so didn't have a view at all from our window, and the room required the light on at all times, but this was not a problem at all, and in fact made it easier to sleep, as there was no noise from the street.

The hotel is about 10 minutes via metro from the centre of Barcelona, but there was adequate transport routes virtually on the doorstep. We used the metro with no problems at all.

Barcelona was absolutely stunning, and we will definitely be back - and would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends