All reviewsla ramblametro stationgreat locationroof terraceboqueria marketfirst floorlight sleeperstayed here for nightstapasramblassafeseurosangriaspain
Reviewed July 21, 2018 via mobile

Just flew 12 hours to get to Barcelona. When I get in the room all seems fine but after a few minutes I realize the ac does not work so I call reception. The lady comes up 15 mn later to tell me she is very sorry but today is Saturday 3 pm and there is no one to fix the problem so I can open the windows! Then I tell her I am tired and the room is hot. She brings me that little fan and tells me sorry. Finally I tell her I need my sleep and find a repair person and it is an emergency only for her to tell me it is not an emergency for them. I’ll let you guys be the judge. Oh and btw I have to make sure I call tomorrow to try and get another room. My saga continues. Actively looking for another hotel thank you

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank arianeascencio
Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

I’m literally just back from staying here. I stayed for 5 nights. Before coming over I saw so many bad. But so many good reviews so wasn’t sure what to expect. But I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is in the perfect location on the Las Ramblas this made it so easy for us. It was very warm in Barcelona when we where here. 30+°c every day. The hotel was lovely and cold. Air conditioning in the rooms where such a treat. We had booked a twin standard and it was a great size. Hallway into room. Separate wardrobe in hallway too. I’m not sure what the bad reviews where about the room being to small. There was plenty of room. The only criticism I’d have is the blinds/curtains. Our window looked out into the middle part of hotel so the hallways. The blinds where to light and the light from the hallways shine into the room at night making it not very dark? But that would be the only thing. Rooms being serviced every day was great. And have to say whatever scent used to clean was really nice :) :) lovely and refreshing to come back to.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sineadw33
Reviewed June 4, 2018 via mobile

When booking a girls trip, we stumbled on this hotel! It was everything we were looking for- centrally located on Las Rambla, affordable and the pictures made the rooms look newly refurbished and clean.
Well didn’t we get a surprise when we arrived! The rooms were incredibly run down- wall paper tears and black marks on the walls, ceiling falling apart, the chair had a hug tear in the fabric, holes near the bathroom door and no wifi accessible in the room! Absolutely shocking and NOTHING LIKE THE PICTURES!!
We went to the front counter to complain and they offered us another room to view. That room was exactly the same except had a little something extra- a terrible smell! We were told there were no more rooms available and since we had already paid upfront for the hotel and couldn’t afford the money to spend on another hotel we grudgingly stayed!
We decided not to let this get us down, so we set out to look around the city! We were out for about 4 hours and decided to head back to the hotel to change for dinner. Once we got back the hotel, the front doors were locked with a sign ‘Be Back Soon’ and no number or buzzer attached to the door! Another couple arrived and other guests were piling up inside waiting to get out! We waited almost 5 minutes until someone came to the door! All guests were really annoyed at this stage.
After getting ready for dinner we headed downstairs and checked with the front desk to make sure that there will be someone at the counter during the night so we could be let back in. The man responded ‘Yes, the night shift guy will be there’.
After a night out we headed back around 2am to find the door locked ONCE AGAIN! Only this time it was in the middle of the night and whilst there were a few people around the streets my friend and I felt unsafe waiting outside. We banged on the glass doors and no response. We finally noticed a policeman and asked him to come with us to see if he could help! The policeman was shocked to hear that this has happened to us not once, but twice! After a few more knocks the man finally came to the door. The policeman grilled the guy about how unacceptable it is for the doors to be closed and for 2 girls to be waiting on the street. The policeman told us to head upstairs as he was going to carry on talking to the manager.
My friend and I have travelled to many countries and stayed in various types of accommodation all around the world- hotels, apartments, AirBNB, hostels and have never encountered an experience like this one! After this experience, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 26, 2018

I can only say...book your room at the LAS RAMBLAS COOL............
Room was very clean and neat. Price was very good and location was to die for. We had a new LG television, some shows in English. The staff was wonderful and very helpful.
BEWARE TAXI drivers....35 Euro ride to airport, cost 55 Eros!!!!
All and all, great shopping, food at the "COOL"............

Room Tip: It's ALL good!!!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank zorroVegas
Reviewed April 17, 2018

The hotel itself was one of the least expensive when me and my friend were searching and after looking on trip advisor decided to book it. It was definitely a case of you get what you pay for - I wouldn't book this hotel expecting 5 star luxury. What you get is a FANTASTIC location literally as you walk out of the metro station the hotel is to the left located right on the Ramblas. Easy to find and great in order to travel everywhere or walk down to the marina. Hotel itself was basic and small but it was all we needed for our stay as we only used it to sleep. The shower head fell off the wall during our stay and it was promptly fixed the next day. The only one downside I can think of is the noise, the noise from the alley outside all night was extremely loud, luckily I take ear plugs wherever I go, You could also hear others in the corridor or when they slammed doors. However I would definitely recommend if you're looking for a good hotel, somewhere to sleep in a fantastic location. Staff very helpful also.

Room Tip: Try and find a quiet room away from the alley ways
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends