“Nice hotel but away from the center”
Review of Bonanova

Bonanova
Ranked #373 of 516 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Nice room, but the shower area was very tiny. Our room was on the ground floor so it was very noisy. But excellent staff, Rustom who checked us in provided us with a map and things to do etc. all the other staff members were excellent too.
The room had a kitchenette too so it's vey handy if you want to make a quick breakfast etc.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Priya M

Reviewed 15 March 2012

The hotel was just great: clean, quiet, value for money. I was going to choose it again and again as I visit Barcelona often.

BUT! When I was back in my country already (!!!), I'd got the following email:
This afternoon we have charged 89,00 € in your credit card, because the night of 1st February was not included in the last Invoice you have paid on the 31st January., so 89,00 € was the remaining amount to be charged.
If you need we send the invoice by e-mail you can just answer this e-mail, please.

Would anybody want an invoice being in this situation? I was ready to pay for any nights not included in my invoice even if it was a STAFF's MISTAKE... And I was sooo surprised to be confronted with a fait accompli; and not to be advised before my credit card had been charged...

There was one more email from the hotel, the one with a piece of precious advice "to check carefully if all my bills had been fully paid before leaving the hotel"... My invoice was fully paid, btw... Or maybe it was of my responsibility to check if there were no miscalculations...

Thank you, guys. I was really impressed. I travelled a lot but never experienced anything like that.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank Nat N
Reviewed 5 November 2011

A nice hotel with polite and very helpful and service minded staff. We were lucky and got a big terrace. with table, chairs and a sunbed. That came in good use, because there was no dining table in the apartment. During the day it was very noisy building work across the street, the evenings and nights were quiet. A good bed and a lot of storing space in cupboards and drawers.Very simple kitchen facilities, but clean and sufficient for making small meals.Five minutes to metro and bus. The buses in Barcelona are very good. Buy a T 10 ticket and you can use it on the bus, metro and tram.

Room Tip: If you want to be sure to have a terrace you should ask for a room on the 5th floor.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nordboer2010
Reviewed 21 September 2011

We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights, after staying at a different hotel in the city center. For a similar price, we got in Bonanova much higher value for our money, and a very warm stay. The staff were great, our apartment was clean and convinient, the bathroom and bed were all very nice and comfortable. The access to the city center is easy by a short ride in the metro ,and its stastion is near. All together, the place had put a smile upon our faces, and we really reccomend it.

Room Tip: we got the suite in the 6th floor - although we didn't ask for it :) it was a great gift and a g...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank zohar b
Reviewed 8 November 2010

I stayed at this hotel for 4 days. Very clean rooms and professional, courteous staff.

The location was a safe, upscale neighborhood with groceries stores, restaurants, a church and banks all within a few minutes walking distance. The metro station (El Putxet) was a few blocks away and it took you downtown in about 15-20 minutes.

The only cons were that my room faced the street and was a little noisy due to traffic. The air-conditioning did not work a couple of nights, but I was given a fan and it wasn't hot at that time of year, and also got a 5% discount on my stay.

Solid hotel at an affordable price.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank go_places_10
Reviewed 7 August 2010

The hotel is rather far from the centre but at an easy access by any type of transport. The area is clean, quiet and safe. The staff is friendly and professional. Kitchen facilities were ok, but we never used them )
The parking is dramatically small. Even for a relatively small car that we had (Seat Leon). Sometimes they help you to park the car, sometimes not ) and then you get an adventure ) But this was the only difficulty we've come across. And at least this parking is thrice cheaper than any in the city.
I'd recommend this hotel to my friends. I've been to many countries and many hotels - this one is a smart choice )

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank JuliaUstimova
Reviewed 12 July 2010

Have stayed several times at the Bonanova. It is a small aparthotel. Rooms have what you would need for a short stay in Barcelona. The place is well kept. The reception is 24 hours, important if you need to arrive at erratic hours. The rooms are cleaned daily including the small kitchen. The WiiFi works. There are Spanish newspapers, and now a small breakfast room which will do in an emergency or when you do not feel like preparing one. The advantage of the place is that it is located in a good residential area. Maybe a bit out of the touristic action, but it is well communicated by the metro and bus just a short walk. There are shops, banks, bakeries, delicatessen, supermarkets, restaurants and even a covered market where real residents not tourists are buying so you have a more real experience of the city. A pity they do not have self laundry, but there is a wash n dry nearby to cover that need too. I would recommend it for those who want to experience the life of Barcelona not as a mere tourist.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple