“Convenient and pleasant Waterfront Hotel In Barcelona”

Eurostars Grand Marina Hotel
Ranked #190 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 6 May 2012

This three star hotel has a great and convenient location on Barcelona's waterfront near the docks which service the cruse ships. Unique for an European city hotel, are the large and attractive rooms and the nice feeling of not being crowed. The hotel is spacious and airy. The hotel location is perfect for those embarking on or disembarking from cruises, as well as convenient for taking advantage of the double decker Barcelona tour buses. However, service was indifferent and the hotel restaurant a big and expensive disappointment. For the convenience and spaciousness alone, we would stay here in the future.

Room Tip: The rooms facing north have a beautiful view of the city. And, we found the rooms quiet and tastefu...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hgreenleaf2
There are newer reviews for Eurostars Grand Marina Hotel

Reviewed 3 May 2012

We recently stayed in the hotel 18 -22 April. Booked two city suites with breakfast included, First day hotel staff refused to acknowledge about breakfast inclusive package, even after showing the reservation slip with relevant information it took me three days with the same argumant everyday to include the breakfast in the package. Despite this on the final day in our bill breakfast was charged extra. During our stay once we rushed out in a hurry for having our breakfast, In our abscence 500 euros were stolen from the room. Despite complaints to the Manger on duty, no response came to fore. They refused to share the name of employee who had cleaned the room for us to give police complaint. Overall location of the hotel is good. View in front is marred by Tower. Service poor quality.

4  Thank Wadh-Raj
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Stayed at the hotel for 5 nights during easter 2012.
The hotel looks nice, with a nice lobbybar (in 2.floor)
The room is big but a little cold and could be furnished much better.
They advertise with jacuzzi/air massage bath in the bathroom, but the bathtub is so small that it hardly fits 1 person.
The pool is VERY small, just forget to have a swim and it wasnt heated when we were there. Inside the little gym you find a jacuzzi for 4 persons witch is nice.
I tried to conntact the hotel 2 weeks prior our arrival trough email and phone.
The never confirmed my request until I wrote to cancell our stay. They phoned me the and apologied. I the again told them my request and the said they should see what the could do. They never confirmed my request until it was to late and I had to use 350 Euros to hire help.
They even tried to charge me for the request they never aswered me on.

I promise I will never stay there again, theres to many better hotels in barcelona.

Room Tip: Roomes with a view are preferable.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My 16 year old kid and I stayed for four nights in this hotel. We received a free upgrade in the room to a De luxe room. The view was not astonishing because we could not see the sea but it was pleasant. But everything else was great : location,room service, valet parking, receptionists but mainly the room was very spacious good furnished with a great bathroom.
The only black spot is the breakfast which is too expensive.
I would definitely advise this hotel to everybody

1  Thank Mari0pc
Reviewed 18 April 2012

We found this hotel thru a friend and booked online. The prices were very reasonable and the location was perfect - close enough to everything yet not at all noisy - was able to sleep with the sliding door wide open and never heard a sound beyond the seagulls in the morning. Jacuzzi tubs and wonderful showers made for a very welcome respite after full days of walking and touring around the city. I would go back in a minute. Very nice staff too.

Room Tip: if you want quiet ask for a room "inside" facing the World Trade Center courtyard, views a...
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I used this hotel for a 3 day business meeting. The hotel is smart, the events people were very professional and everything ran smoothly. Nicely located on the waterfront and with easy access to the main areas of Barcelona. I would recommend.

Room Tip: If you are booking an event, haggle the price and you will get a really good deal
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Stayed here for my birthday -it got off to a great start when the hotel sent up a complimentary bottle of cava and chocolate cake! This hotel is nicely located in the Marina, a short walk from the Ramblas and shops/restaurants. The Barcelona city tour bus stops outside too - the concierge sold us discounted tickets and reommended a 2 day ticket (which was just a few Euro than a 1 day ticket). Great tip as you can't really do everything in 1 day! Our room had a lovely view of Mont Juic and was clean and spacious. We had oom service one night which was very good and quite reasonably priced. The bathroom had both a shower and a jacuzzi style bath which was really nice after a long day walking around the city. I hae to mention the bed which was about the most comfortable I've ever slept in!

The hotel bistro/bar served great food although the service was a little chaotic but I have to say entertaining. The bar area was staffed by guys in black uniforms all wearing pseudo secret service ear pieces. While it did nothing to improve the service (they were easily distracted by whoever was talking in their ears) it was very funny though and there were all very friendly so we didn't ming too much.

Getting a taxi from the hotel was really easy (the concierge whistled for one which took about 20 seconds to arrive) - we needed one to go to the airport since the company we'd booked for transfers 'Aerocity' were abosolutely hopeless. Avoid at all costs.

As for Barcelona,its an amazing city but you will need comfy shoes and a strong bladder - public loos are few and far between and there seemed to be a queue in most cafes/restaurants. Watch out for pettyy crime around key tourist areas too eg Ramblas and Sagrada Familia where my husband foiled a couple of thieves who were tirying to steal from someones bag. Make time ot go to Park Guell its beautiful and you can see the whole city from the viewing point. The zoo was ok too but I think the animals really need more space. Basically lots to see and do - enjoy!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple