Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya
NH Sants Barcelona(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$154
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
US$103
  • Pool
Hesperia Sant Joan(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$400
Hotel 1898(Barcelona)
US$420
4,008 results
All reviewssants stationtop floorvisual restaurantcorner roomexpo hotelmain stationrooftop restaurantdouble sinkswalk in showerentire cityexcellent hotelmetro systemeuros per personstandard roomnou campbooked this hoteltourist bus
Reviewed April 11, 2011

This modern 23-storey tower is just across a large open area outside Barcelona Sants station. The reception staff spoke good English and were most helpful. I was allocated an enormous corner room on the 10th floor with amazing views across the city, including a distant view of the towers of the Sagrada Familia. With double glazing on the two exterior walls and good air conditioning, the traffic noise outside was barely noticeable. The bathroom was superb - bath, twin wash basins, separate lavatory and what amounted to a separate wet room with shower. The bed was extremely comfortable and I slept well.
I had dinner at a local restaurant rather than in the hotel but enjoyed an excellent breakfast with a full range of hot and cold dishes in the hotel's 23rd floor "Vision" restaurant with its breathtaking panoramic views of Barcelona.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank pattersonmj
Reviewed April 8, 2011

Good service, nice room, no noise from adjoining rooms... beside Estacio Sants for train to and from Airport. Metro across the street easy to get anywhere. Beds were super comfortable.

Not close to downtown city center, which for me being away from Las Ramblas etc... is a good thing. Not a big fan of prostitutes, pimps, street thieves adn jackals as part of my holiday fare :)
They have a great walk in shower in the bathroom, but unfortunately in my room the water drains to slowly so ended up having to use shower in bath.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cfredp
Reviewed April 5, 2011

We had a short break in Barcelona recently and stayed the Torre Catalunya. Location-wise it is a bit away from the tourist hotspots but that's why we went for it. A train from Barcelona Airport will stop at the Sants station which is a few metres from the hotels, so getting here was pretty easy. There is also a metro by the station, so it is pretty easy getting around.

We booked a superior room and were rewarded with great views of the Montjuic and the Palau Nacional. This is a great view during the evenings when they switch on the lights around the Palau Nacional and the Magic Fountain (but then again you would want to be AT the Magic Fountain when they start the fun!)

The room had plenty of space and a huge king bed, although I could notice more than a few worn out corners and scratches on the furnitures. The breakfast is pretty pricey at 16 Euros, but there is a fairly good selection of items. We got free wifi since we booked on the hotel's website itself otherwise you will be charged, apparently.

The staff were very freindly and helpful. I had a few requests before I went there and they made sure everything was addressed correctly. The only (slight) issue was the size of the pillows. We requested a smaller set but were given the same set again. But, I wouldn't let this overshadow an overall positive experience with this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 2, 2011

Very convient if traveling via train you can walk across the street to the hotel,Front desk staff extreamly helpful,nice views clean LARGE rooms!!!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed March 25, 2011

I just got back from a 3 night stay at the Hotel Torre Catalunya in Barcelona. It is an excellent hotel and I really want to thank them for the treatment we got. I initially found the hotel using tripadvisor. A few months ago I spent a week at the hotel with my wife. When we got there, they offered us an upgrade to an executive room, on the 21st for a relatively low additional price so we took it. The view was beautiful, the room was large, the bed was wonderful and the bathroom was really nice with a large tub and a great shower. It was really a pleasure and worth every penny we added.
We had arrived very early in the morning so we left our baggage with a porter in the lobby along with a jacket that I had been wearing. While we were out for the day they put our things in the room we originally reserved. It was when we returned in the evening that we decided to move to a nicer room on the higher floor, so they brought us our baggage from the first room to the room we actually occupied. I did not notice that when they brought the bags they neglected to bring the jacket. The next day when I needed the jacket I realized what had happened. I started asking about the jacket and the staff there started a search but they could not find it anywhere. I asked every day and got updates about the search but no jacket. When we left the hotel (on the weekend) no one at reception could do anything for us as far as compensation for the jacket but they promised us that they would not forget about it and they would be in contact with me via email.
Well, I am glad to say that they really did act responsibly. They initiated e-mail contact with me and after a little bit of negotiation they offered me a weekend stay (2 nights and 3 days) in a suite, with breakfast, for free, in way of compensation. Of course I would have to cover my own transportation costs so I decided that if I were already going back I would add another night at my own expense. They gave me a very good price on the suite for that third night. Not only that but we took our eldest daughter with us since we knew there would be plenty of space in the suite. She too got the free breakfast. I really want to congratulate the hotel for what they did. Not only did they live up to their responsibility but they did it willingly and with a smile. They went out of their way to make sure that we were comfortable. They gave us a corner suite on a high floor so the bedroom had windows in two directions. Two entire walls are glass so the panorama is breath taking.
I would like to take this opportunity to tell you a little about the hotel. The staff is friendly and helpful. Everyone I dealt with from reception, to porters, bar and restaurant staff all spoke English well. Good communication and treatment go a long way to making a stay pleasant. The hotel is clean, modern and conveniently situated opposite a central rail hub (SANTS ESTACIO) with several out of town train lines as well as 2 metro lines within Barcelona. The train from the airport (EL PRAT) has a stop here so it is an easy and fairly quick shuttle between the airport and the station. From the station there is no need for a taxi just cross the square to the hotel.
I have seen 2 rooms and both were large, well appointed, very clean, with very good beds and large bathrooms. The water was hot and the towels clean. What more could you ask for? Well, a view?! The hotel is 23 floors high (one of the highest buildings in Barcelona) the views were great. We had rooms on the 21st and 16th floors. Both had panoramic views.
There is a restaurant on the top floor. We only had breakfast there and it was great. A wide selection of food to choose from: eggs, bacon, ham, salmon, fresh fruit and juices, cereals, Danish, and breads. Really, you can feast for breakfast with a panoramic view of the city. It was a really nice way to start the day.
The access to anywhere in the city is fairly fast and convenient using the metro across the square from the hotel. The metro has the final run shortly after midnight so if you want to party into the night you will have to find another way to get back to the hotels. Of course taxis are available. We did not need them.
Overall I highly recommend the hotel. They deserve the recommendation first of all for the service they provide. Secondly, how often do you deal with people that after a mistake is made they are fair and forthcoming. Inviting us back for a weekend in a suite with the wonderful breakfast was appreciated by me. Moreover they deserve credit for what they did and that is why I have taken the time to write this. I am sure you will enjoy your stay in Barcelona if you stay at the Hotel Torre Catalunya.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family