4,140 results
All reviews sants station top floor visual restaurant corner room expo hotel main station rooftop restaurant walk in shower entire city excellent hotel metro system euros per person standard room spacious rooms booked this hotel tourist bus mini bar
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Not a bad hotel, but is somehow far from the center and the furniture is a bit outdated (huge cathodic tube TV for example). The SPA is oldish and the gym very small. The price was, consiedering the level of service and location, not that cheap as I had imegined...

• Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Palmeroa
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 4 nights and was in the 21st floor. Indeed was a beautiful view as well . Might be a bit pricey but the rooms are defenitely good with no issues and neat. The Sants main station is just one minute walk from the station and hence travelling via metro is quite fast and easy. The magic fountain is almost 15 - 20 min walk from the hotel as well. Indeed Barcelona was such a wonderful place and we were there during May. Breakfast was not included in our stay since I felt that it was a bit pricey. The spa looked good though I wasnt able to go there.

Room tip: ask them for the top floors with a view .
Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank NazneenI
Reviewed June 18, 2012

My family and I stayed here recently in their executive rooms on the 12th and 13th floor. We chose the hotel for the size of the rooms, good value, and good public transport links. The rooms were certainly much bigger than most of the hotels I have stayed in Spain/Barcelona and of a good standard. We used the metro occasionally, but quite often strolled to the beach (at least 45 mins) and the ramblas (at least 30 mins), etc. The walk was very easy because we would normally stop half way for breakfast or a drink. The spa costs 6 euros per day to use - so we didn't try that, however the Expo hotel directly opposite has a rooftop pool that you can use for free.

This is definitely a business hotel, however you get far more for your money because it is not in the main tourist areas. This shouldn't put you off because the public transport is so quick and easy plus there are plenty of nice bars in the area. It's a shame that that the guidebooks neglect this area when it comes to food and drink. I can recommend a little Pintxo bar called Zarautz which is very close to the hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank AlexaHumphries
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Stayed 4 nights at the hotel. Nice clean rooms, helpful and friendly staff - and a convenient location near the main train station/metro. The included breakfast was great, and so was the view from the restaurant on the top floor. Easy access to La Rambla, Sagrada Familia and Camp Nou by Metro (just a few stops). We bought a 4 days metro/train travelticket, and went easy by metro
and train everywhere we wanted to go. Went also went to Cornellà-El Prat by train to see RCD Espanyol playing against Sevilla. Would definitely recommend this hotel if you are staying in Barcelona for more than a couple of nights.

Room tip: Choose the higher floors.
Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Everything was quality about my stay at Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya, from the emails they sent before my visit to check if there was anything I wanted (they replied to my preferences too!), to the 19th floor corner suite with the amazing views and the nice relaxing visit to the hotel spa. All for a very reasonable price and with a complimentary cocktail thrown in!

The hotel is near Sants Train Station so is not exactly central and if you want to step out of your hotel directly onto Las Ramblas then perhaps this is not the hotel for you. However there are 2 or 3 metro stations nearby and it is only a few minutes trip to just about anywhere in the City Centre and it is walkable to Montjuic and the Magic Fountain in about ten minutes. Alternatively if you have a room on a high floor in this impressive tower you can see all the sights from your room! I could see everything from the 19th floor and my suite came with a separate living room, 2 bathrooms, 2 mini bars and a lovely bedroom with plenty of windows to take in the great views. Shame I was only there for one night!

Room tip: It is maybe worth paying a little extra for a room on a higher floor.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo