“The best!!!”

Tostaderos Bon Mercat
Ranked #49 of 325 Coffee & Tea in Barcelona
Neighbourhood: Barrio Gòtico (Barri Gòtic)
Neighbourhood: Barrio Gòtico (Barri Gòtic)
Reviewed January 20, 2016

I've been living in Barcelona for about 6 months now and this is definitely the best coffee place I've found! I highly recommend it.

The staff are wonderful and welcoming (Marta and Esther are super sweet and accommodating), and the sandwiches and sweets are high quality. Finally, the coffee is great and roasted right beside you!

The place is tiny, clean, modern, and cozy. I love sitting at the bar, sipping my cafe con leche and watching the happenings on the street and inside the cafe :)

Simply put: go!

Date of visit: January 2016

Reviewed October 16, 2015

I went to this cafe most mornings while I was in Barcelona to get my breakfast. The coffee is really good. They sell bags of their coffee as well, and I regret not buying some to take back with me but I'm not in my flat enough to use it up in time. The churros with chocolate were really nice. I've had churros in Cardiff where I was given a measly little pot of chocolate sauce to dip my churros into, but here I got a whole cup of hot chocolate, which was absolutely delicious.

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed October 5, 2015

One is spoiled for choices of great coffee in Barcelona, and this is one of the best. Roasting on the premises to secure great fresh quality, they also offer wholesale tea and coffee to take home.

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed September 22, 2015

Best Coffee in Barcelona. Crowded and Boisterous, but worth every minute. Individually Roasted Bulk coffee purchase with very knowledgeable staff.

Date of visit: September 2015
1  Thank pat1955sf
Reviewed July 17, 2015 via mobile

Scouting around El Gotic area for churros and chanced upon this tiny cafe, specializing in pastries and coffee beans. Being a coffee lover, I was naturally drawn to the smell of coffee beans and was delighted to find that the cafe also served "churros con chocolate".

Churros were served fresh from the oven (no cinnamon sugar topping) which was perfect because all you really need is a cup of rich hot chocolate to dip your churros in.

Fans of Angelina, this restaurant's bitter-sweet hot dark chocolate is to die for. Must-try!

Date of visit: July 2015