“My Barca go-to”

Ranked #74 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
London, United Kingdom
“My Barca go-to”
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I've stayed here multiple times now for work, and this last time has showed me how important it is to make sure to get a room on the opposite side of the building. Our first night we stayed on the street-side, and the noise from the street (even though it's a relatively quiet one) was prevalent.

The hotel has now upgraded from wired internet to wi-fi. There are no assigned wifi user-id's so it's possible to hookup your mobile/iPad/laptop all at the same time. A definite plus.

I also utilized the breakfast for the first time on this trip. It's pretty much standard Spanish fare. Not really much to write about here.

The staff, and the age of this hotel are really what make it worthwhile. The staff are very friendly, have a great command of the English language, and do their best with any requests. I had co-workers forget things in their rooms after checkout and the hotel managed the situation with ease. The rooms are fairly modern, and if you get the right layout, they're quite spacious. Some of the smaller rooms don't have enough separation between the washroom and sleeping area, so plumbing noise can be quite intrusive. However, some of the rooms with a bit more space are dead silent at night. Beds are excellent, and there are two pillows standard per person.

Also, the location (if it's close to your target or if you want to shop all the time) is very good.

Of the two business-class hotels I've used in Barcelona, this has been my definite favourite.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank yvr1k

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Barcelona
Reviewed 25 April 2012

We had a great time in Barcelona, just returned on Monday.
The Hotel is well located and clean. The reception staff are really friendly and helpful.
Breakfast was OK, as bit pricey.
The only critic we would have is that the room lacks Tea/Coffee making facilities.
Otherwise really good

2 Thank peter647
Wadebridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2012

An excellent hotel in a convenient situation. The room was very comfortable and clean.
The breakfast was good although could possibly offer more variety. Quiet position yet within easy reach of city centre.
The best feature however were the staff who were all very helpful and ready to help with information. An excellent choice for visiting this vibrant city.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Kingcole315948
St. Paul
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Barcelona is a beautiful city for walking and from Hotel Constanza you can walk to all the major sites easily. The room was clean, the bed comfy and the decor modern. The walls seemed a bit thin--we could hear water from the room above us but the hotel guests were so quiet (it seemed like a fair number of business travelers) that that is all we heard. We were on the street side and our room was very quiet.

1 Thank KarenECS
Reviewed 20 April 2012

Stayed for 2 night with my fiancé (9.5/10) Had a brilliant time but needed more than 2 days to explore the place. The hotel was clean and the location was great. We went down for breakfast first morning and were waiting to be served by one waiter rushed off his feet. We then found out after a mediocre breakfast that this was chargeable on top of our room rate, needless to say I complained and was not charged. Free Internet in reception lobby area, helpful receptionist and modern looking interior decor. Worth another visit

• Stayed April 2012
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I liked Hotel Constanza and thought the location was great. It's very near all the major sights and in a superb area. After a day walking around Barcelona full of people it's nice to go back to a place that is quite and that looks good.

My only complaint is breakfast for which I paid the package for the 3 days of my stay. The standard was somehow poor, not great variety and the food wasn't all ready when it was supposed to be. If you were one of the first ones in the restaurant you had to ask the waiter to asked for the food to be taken out of the kitchen or actually cooked (it was a buffet) and that was if you knew there were more attractive options. Not all the food was fresh so the standard wasn't uniform during all my stay, on the first day I had stale bread and the tortilla didn't seem that fresh.

The staff is helpful and try to address your concerns and help you finding local information. Hopefully they can work on the food issue as I would love to go back there in my next visit.

I'm rating the swimming pool and fitness centre as it doesn't let me submit my review otherwise but it's N/A

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank dmoraleslourido
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We recently stayed at Hotel Constanza and it was a great trip. The hotel staff was friendly and check in was quick and easy. The location is the best feature of this hotel. My husband and I were able to walk to most of the things that we wanted to see. Las Ramblas is about a 10 minute walk. You can also get to the Picasso Museum, Gothic Area and more. We loved Barcelona because the people were friendly and many spoke English. The hotel staff also spoke English. I would have given the hotel a perfect rating but the construction next door is ongoing and it will be going on for awhile. The noise started around 8am but it was not a problem for us because we are early risers. There are many restaurants and cafes nearby. We did not do the hotel breakfast. We did not enjoy our meal at Tapas 24 or Tapa Tapas, but we found many places that were excellent but you have to look at prices and menus before you go inside. There is also an excellent Irish pub nearby. I believe it was called George Payne. Prices and food were delicious.

Room Tip: We requested a quiet room with balcony on a higher floor.