“Never mind if it's behind an hotel reception”
Review of Les Delicies

Les Delicies
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Les Delicies is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,043 of 11,104 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: US$20 - US$34
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Eixample
Description: Our elegant restaurant is located inside a bulding from the XX century, desingned in a noucentisme style. It has direct acces to a small terrace, inside a typical eixample 's patio. In our restaurant you can enjoy our traditional catalan cuisine menu and every Sunday we served a complety brunch We are also specialist in private events, christennings or family meetings, where we can privatize our restaurant only for you. Our entire team of Les Delícies restaurant is formed by a group of professionals with training in hospitality and years of experience in cuisine, Our chef, Raúl Medel, has over fifteen years working in various restaurants around Catalonia, but it has never ceased to be formed to continue surprising and innovating every day in our menus.
Reviewed March 13, 2017

I was in a short stopover in Barcelona. And I did what you (almost) never have to do. Too tired, I had lunch in the hotel!!! And it happened to be a good lazy idea. Nice Mediterranean cuisine with a creative and wonderful risotto, codfish as main in a fine and smooth garlic sauce... Then the desserts: catalan cakes at your choice in a trolley for you to see. All in all -including wine and cafe, both remarcable- for less than twenty bucks. No need to go to a "catalan" restaurant for tourists in the too much turistic neighbourhood. Enjoy!... Even if you can't afford the 19th century modernist hotel with sun and pool in the middle of the "Eixample". "Les Delicies". I'll come back next stopover.

1  Thank joanrv7
Rafael T, Gerente at Les Delicies, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2017

Dear joanrv7,
Thank you so much for to share your experience in our hotel with all of us.
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our menu and I really hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed December 28, 2016

This review is for the special Christmas Day Menú al Día.

Wow. What a feast! This was our first Christmas in Barcelona, and my wife found this place online - she made reservations on BCNRestaurantes.com.

First - the ambience. We arrived on the dot at two o'clock, and were greeted and ushered back to their rear dining room (which was much lovelier than the first, as it had windows overlooking a small courtyard). Other guests for the two o'clock seating were all filing in, and I noticed my wife and I were the only "twosome" there - there were a couple of tables for 16, and another two tables for 6. I only mention this because instead of being relegated to a wall near the door or worse, our table was in the hub of the room, with the others radiating outward... thus, we were made to feel a part of it all, rather than someone just looking in. That said, the tables were beautifully set, the chandeliers were bright and cheerful, and the energy was festive.

Second - the wait staff. These were consummate professionals! The two staff were gracious, prompt and attentive, and our Cava flutes were filled at once. It was fascinating to see how so few could serve so many, so efficiently, and yet make us feel as if we were their only charges. There was a third (a supervisor?) that came in on several occasions, when the tables for 16 were being served - and lent a hand distributing food without inhibiting the mood or the staff. These folks all worked seamlessly together, and really enhanced our experience.

...and the FOOD. Oh, yeah...

As I mentioned, this was the menú al día for Christmas, and it began with a glass of Cava. There were four appetizers: Croquetas de Carrilleras y Múrgulas (perhaps the tastiest croquettes I've ever had... sorry Tía Gisela!). The Virutas de Jamón Ibérico con Coca de Cristal brought out the best of this black-footed delicacy. The marbling was exquisite, as was the texture and taste. Oh, and the bread it was on was so incredibly light and thin, it provided the perfect accompaniment to the ham! Next was the shrimp. I love shrimp and I especially enjoy a good tempura. Well, the Colitas de Gambas en Tempura made my mouth explode with extreme happiness! (Sorry, I'm also a fan of cheesy menu descriptors.) Finally the Vasito de Exqueixada de Bacalao con Espuma de Aguacate (tender bits of warm cod with sautéed peppers, covered with a dollop of creamy avocado) really rounded things out nicely.

...and then there was wine...

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
1  Thank dcuben
Rafael T, Gerente at Les Delicies, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2016

Dear Sir,

First of all, we would like to thank you all your comments. We always try to make our clients happy and enjoy their stay with us.

We are really glad that you had a good experience in our restaurant during the Christmas' Day.

We hope to see you again in a near future.

Kind regards,

Cristina - Comercial

Reviewed May 7, 2016 via mobile

Weekend brunch is excelent on the buffet but also the a la carte options.
Quality ingredients, and amazing chese bar.
Staff was nice and helpful.
We tried the foie and the quinoa risotto and were perfect.
Will go again for sure!

Rafael T, Gerente at Les Delicies, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2016

Dear Vicenç A,
Thank you so much for to take some time written your comments about our restaurant on tripadvisor.
I am very happy to know that you enjoyed our brunch and I hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed April 20, 2016

Based within the hotel Catalonia Passeig de Gracia this restaurant is about 500 metres from the City's main square and even less distant from the Metro making it easily acessible by all Barcelona 's various transport systems. Yet it was surprisingly not full when we visited.
The dinner menu has many choices and, unless you opt for a few "classic" dishes, you pay less than €30 for a really excellent three course meal.
You are made to feel welcome at every point in your gastronomic journey from entering to departing and we thought the food was definitely "classic" without the options.
We were given an amouse buche of local hams followed by "home made" speciality breads before starting our selected meals. Every course was good produce, expertly prepared and nicely served, (by caring staff & being beautifully arranged on a sensible plate). The experience was of delicious food that could not have been bettered.

1  Thank BritChamberman
Rafael T, Gerente at Les Delicies, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2016

Dear BritChamberman,

Warm greetings from Les Delícies restaurant !!!

Firstly we would like to show our huge appreciation for sharing with everyone such a positive review on your recent stay. Feedback like yours is what constantly motivates our staff to provide an unique and outstanding experience to our guests. We are very happy you enjoyed your experience in our restaurant. Please rest assured your comments will be passed among the staff.
We look forward to welcoming you back here in the future!

Warm regards,

Reviewed December 2, 2015

After a long day running around Barcelona we decided to try the low priced three course meal at the hotel. Big mistake..

The place is almost empty but we're by Barcelona standars really early (about 8 pm) so no biggie. The menu seems ambitious and we decide on three courses and a bottle of local spanish wine. The wine turns out to be really good, and the very friendly staff gets us off to a good start. We also get a small amuse bousche which is nice.

We get the starters, I have an asparagus and shrimp roll filled with bechamel sauce. On the side four whole shrimps, grilled. Not an elegant dish, and quite messy with the peeling, but ok. My girlfriend has a salmon and octopus carpaccio. A bit bland, and cold as death so it must've come directly from the freezer. But ok, hopefully it picks up from here..

For the main course I chose a "slow cooked veal cheek with potatoes" and well, that was what I got alright. Probably the driest dish I've ever eaten, a truly sad affair. The potatoes was cold so I sent them back and after a quick spin in the microwave (??!!) the returned, warm but devoid of anything resembling good food. Seriously, I've had better food than this in hostpitals! my GF's dish was better, but not by alot.

My desert was a apple crumble so filled with sugar I tasted very little else than refined sugar. Accompanied by the smallest potion of icecream I've ever seen. A sad end to a very sad meal...

So in conclusion; two generous points for the good wine and charming service.Foodwise they should be ashamed, just awful. Would NEVER recommend anyone to eat here, especially in a city like Barcelona where you have delicious cheap food basically around every corner.

Rafael T, Gerente at Les Delicies, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2015

Dear Hyperenough,
First at all thank you so much for the time you spend written your comments about our restaurante in tripadvisor.
I am so sorry that the quality of the food wasn´t be good and I will transfer your words to our chef Raúl.
Again sorry for the inconveniences during your dinner in our restaurant.