B-Hotel
US$110
US$146
US$132
  • Breakfast included
Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya(Barcelona)
US$149
US$138
  • Restaurant
Hesperia Sant Joan(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$77
Hotels.com
Hotel 1898(Barcelona)
US$470
US$392
Agoda.com
2,384 results
All reviewsrooftop poollighting systemespanya metro stationgreat hotelbull ringlas arenasplaza espanaairport busglass walllight switchesmodern designaerobus stopcool hotelhuge beddeluxe roommin walkbottle of cava
Reviewed May 12, 2012

First off, this review cannot hope to do the B Hotel justice...you really just have to go there and experience it for yourself. From the friendliest staff I've ever encountered in my many travels, the comfortable beds and incredible view from the negative edge pool at the rooftop...this hotel is just as close to perfect as one can get. And for the price (approx. $160 when I stayed in May 2012) you just can't get much better.

The hotel has all the essentials down pat - clean bathrooms, sharp looking and comfortable (read big) beds and nice tv/couch work station. The downstairs reception is nice and en vogue...the second floor brunch is nice and serviceable for a start to the day.

The location is perfect for the traveler who wants to be close to some sights - sits upon the place d'espana and a stones throw from the ave reina Maria christina (and former 1992 Olympic stadium). The open air bus tour ride disembarks a block away and the world famous las ramblas is a 2 or 3 subway stop away. If you don't want to feel claustophobic for the tourists on las ramblas and the other über touristy areas, then the b hotel is for you...

For people going on cruises, it is oly a 8 to 10 euro can ride to the port and very convenient.

But what put me over the top was the friendly and lively staff. From the moment I arrived I felt like I was at a friends house where any question I had was enthusiastically answered (staff speaks english very well) and even some nice strategic suggestions were provided without any request. Forninstance, After returning to Barcelona after a 5 day mediterranean cruise, I had about four hours to "'kill" - not enough to travel far away from the city centre and see sights I missed in my first go around, but too early for someone like me to sit in an airport. So I figured to cab it from the port to the b hotel and leave my luggage and sight see for just a little bit. Upon the doors opening to the reception, Cecilia the receptionist on duty, smiled brightly and said "you're back!". "I told you I would but unfortunately, only for an hour or so...." I replied. When asked if I could leave my bags while I toured the city, she said of course and then proceeded to help me print out my flight itinerary to Paris (the hotel has superb free wifi access) and navigate with me the entire web site (which was in Spanish w Iberia airlines). The entire process took 10 minutes or so but she patiently and enthusiastically assisted me in what could have been a taxing experience for this former 5th grade spanish graduate. Instead, she was happy and eager to help- and learn some more about my holiday- in the process. I couldnt be more pleased with my experience at the B Hotel.

In fact, i am so impressed with the time here that I am sitting in their lobby writing this review so I do not forget to write it later. Heck w touring for an hour..,as I told Cecilia, I'll be back!

Thank you b Hotel (and you Cecilia) for making this traveler a believer....

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Rob R
Reviewed May 11, 2012

the best place, at plaza Espanya, next to "Las Arenas" mall, access to all city by metro and bus and very easy access to airport by aerobus, very helpful stuff, clean, impressive lightning in rooms.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VirginiaBal
Reviewed May 6, 2012

My partner and I stayed 8 nights in the hotel after much consideration. We were not disappointed with the excellent location. We took the Aerobus from T1 and alighted the second stop. Walked for less than 10 minutes with our luggages. Hotel is located very near the Espanya metro station and next to the Arena shopping center. We reached early in the morning and room was not ready but we were ok with it. Left the luggages with them and went on with our sightseeing. Came back to the hotel at 3pm and room was ready. We were given a room on the 7th floor and it has an excellent view of the surrounding.

The room was spacious enough for the two of us. Bathroom was clean and didn't see any clogging of dirt around the bath area as reviewed by other members. Probably the hotel had already fixed the problem. Lighting in the room was slightly dark but this is the concept of the hotel. However, it would be better if there is additional lighting at the wardrobe area because I got to use my iPhone flash to search for my clothes in the luggage.

There's two nearby restaurant to the hotel besides the ones in the shipping centre. Food was excellent at Pursa Bursa and for Tapas Tapas, food was average compared to other Tapas restaurants in other parts of town.

Hotel staff was friendly and the wifi was doing fine. The sheets were clean but a bit thin though and sometimes it can get very cold. Housekeeping did a good job everyday. I would prefer to stay at this hotel rather the ones at La Rambla because it's simply overcrowded and noisy downtown. We did not face any noise issue although our room is facing the streets probably we were too tired everyday.

Definitely recommend others to choose this hotel when visiting Barcelona.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank snoopy44
Reviewed May 6, 2012

We stayed here last week for one week - absolutely loved it!

We got a really good price, staff were very friendly, room was clean with nice design features - lighting took a few minutes to figure out but looked great! Free WiFi, nice one! We would recommend the breakfast too - it has everything you could possibly want. Coffee is good too :)

Pool looks fantastic on rooftop - even though we visited first week in May, and the weather was 21 - 25 degrees, theres no way we could swim in the pool - waaaaay too cold! (and windy!)

The location was great too - right beside Metro station (buy a ticket for the week and use use use!), Aerporto bus (only €5.75 for a ticket), a big shopping centre (Las Arenas - which was once a bull ring) and right beside the unmissable Font Montjuic - big water fountains set to light & music - there were thousands of people at this when we visited, check out times on their website (its usually on from 9pm, on certain nights)

We visited Parc Guell (a really nice day out - get the metro - bring comfortable shoes) Sagrada Familia (beautiful Gaudi work) Las Ramblas (didnt like this so much - keep your wits about you) The Port (lovely place, with big shopping centre, eat at la fresca - really nice salads & meat) We went out on a 50min speed boat ride (reasonable at €10 - it gave great views of the city from the ocean) and we went up cable cars in Parc Montjuic (The one over the port is really good)

Enjoy Barcelona - Enjoy B Hotel, We will be back for sure!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street - an interior room as the road is quite noisy....
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2012

Just got back from a long weekend at the B hotel,having stayed at it's sister hotel the very Excellent jazz, the B had a lot to live up to.Well let me say the hotel held it's own,the staff helpful and friendly, the rooms clean and presentable and the roof terrace/pool is easily a match for the jazz if not better.The position of the hotel at Placa Espana is quieter in traffic and noise than central Barcelona,with the metro being only 100 meters from the hotel, down town Barcelona is only 3 or 4 stops away.There are plenty of places to eat for all budgets around the hotel,we found an excellent restaurant on top of the refurbished former bull ring next door but one,some of the best fish we have ever had.A bit of a tip if you like a drink the hotel has a very comprehensive bar at very competitive prices,we had a bottle of Cava delivered to the room and was quite shocked to be only charged 10 euros and a glass of wine for 3 euros.The staff were very good at pointing out places to eat away from the tourist areas.

Having stayed in the Pulizter,The Jazz and the B hotel on numerous occasions I would pick the B hotel every time.

A tip if you fly into Barcelona (El Prat De Llobregat ) catch the Aero bus to Central Barcelona at under 10 euros return as taxi is over 20 euros each way.It takes about 25 mins.

For the metro you can buy a 10 trip ticket for 8 euros

Room Tip: they are all worth Having
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple