“Terrible conditions of work for the waiters and waitresses”
Review of Otto Sylt

Otto Sylt
Ranked #4,941 of 11,155 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: US$6 - US$23
Neighbourhood: La Dreta de l'Eixample
Description: Otto Sylt has been in Barcelona since the fall of the wall! If you’re fans of authentic German frankfurters, quality beef hamburgers and long beer menus, we’re here for you.
Reviewed January 21, 2017

I had a beer there recently and this is hard to believe but 100s of times a day they have to stoop right under the bar to serve. In other words, they have to bend completely down to go from behind the bar to where the customers are. I asked about this and one waiter told me it had always been like this. To me, it shows a genuine lack of care for the people who work there and for that reason I would never go there again.

Reviewed November 5, 2016 via mobile

Very busy as the food was good. Not extraordinary but decent if you like bar food like sausage and burgers. The blood sausage was kinda gross and super salty (normally i love it from ireland) but the American hotdog (not really american) and classic frankfurt were good. Service was a little lacking on the terrace though and it seems so dangerous for the waiters to cross the busy street all the time. Id still recommend it overall.

Reviewed May 19, 2016

We came in when they were closing (around midnight), and the staff allowed us to make a take-away reservation. The burger and hot-dog we got were very "basic" in terms of quality level.

I have to mention that on the other hand - thier menu showed a nice selection of german beers - which needs to be appreciated, and the design of the place looks nice.
So I suggest you eat somewhere else and come in for a drink.

Reviewed December 16, 2015 via mobile

Fantastic service, more than accommodating and helpful when addressing the language barrier. Almost instant service, fantastic if your hungry and in a rush. Nice atmosphere. Only criticism is the lack of chairs (all bar stools) would definitely recommend.

Reviewed October 19, 2015 via mobile

A very poor meal with equally poor customer service.

Like previous posters have said this is a fast food restaurant which is relatively cheap.

Our food was served. 1 raw chicken burger and a rib joint. Again whilst expectations should not be high I would expect my food to be cooked and I would expect to be served what I ordered... Rib meat... As opposed to a rectangle of reformed meat which contained fragments of bone rendering it virtually inedible.

Whilst I ate the rib we sent the chicken burger back. Interestingly we had the same problem as a previous poster where we had to fight hard to get the inedible burger taken from the bill....... I wonder if it was the same burger??