Room Mate Carla(Barcelona)
Book now, pay at stay
US$122
Room Mate Hotels
  • Room Service
NH Sants Barcelona(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$113
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$129/night.

Hotel Claris(Barcelona)
US$169
US$152
Official Website
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$181/night.

Hesperia Sant Joan(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$97
US$143
US$130
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$162/night.

Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya(Barcelona)
US$137
US$119
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$132/night.

Hotel 1898(Barcelona)
US$221
US$170
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$212/night.

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 2, 2017

Awful service. Had horrible issues trying to reserve a room on a business trip. Staff are not nice over the phone. Rooms are just okay nothing more than that. In my opinion, pictures don't do it justice. I would NEVER stay here again. I left earlier than planned because I did not like it.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Hildur883
Reviewed July 17, 2016 via mobile

The place was clean but it wasn't what I expected it was a very small room it was more like sharing a house with lots of people in different rooms, too expensive for this disappointment. Plus we got money stolen from our bags. If I could give it 0 stars I would.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Alejaao96
Reviewed February 27, 2016 via mobile

Stayed here during MWC2016. Ok wifi. Cold water in the shower in the morning...a bit heavy wake up! Rooms need a good scrubdown and a upgrade. The bed had got e new smaller madrass so it was a bit strange. No sitting area as advertised. Breakfast, do not include, use the nearby cafe instead.
Location and service was ok.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Rune F
Reviewed October 22, 2015

The hotel has a good location! Convenient to travel around the city center on foot! Close to public transport infrastructure. Hotels content matches the description. According to my point of view a good price-quality ratio! I recommend!

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed October 2, 2015

This hostal, with an undoubted great location and very helpful on-the-ground-staff, is ill-suited for foreign visitors because of its unsanitary conditions and lack of a good customer-service culture. If you would like to enjoy your vacations in Barcelona, don´t stay there. My room with private bath had cockroaches, mold in the bathroom, a broken shower, a broken refrigerator and a malfunctioning air conditioning. Here follows a translated synopsis of the official complaint I filed with the Generalitat de Catalunya (see the original complaint form in Spanish bellow in the "photos to share" section) that I encourage you to read if considering a stay in this facility: The day of my arrival in the morning, I noticed the broken shower and all the other problems. When I returned at night, nothing had been fixed, and a note written by its staff suggested that I shower with a hose until the next day, because he could not fix it (he was not a plumber nor handy man, it should have not been his responsibility.) Coincidentally, that same day I got an allergic skin rash reaction and I really needed to shower. I paid 80 euros per night and I thought I was entitled to something that I paid for. Meanwhile, I saw the cockroaches, the mold, the dirtiness. There is no reception on site, so you have to call the office in a nearby hotel, but the free Wi-Fi is so poor, that I hardly could establish a connection through Skype. I went to the hotel and explained everything. The receptionist was very kind and understanding. There were no rooms available where I was staying, so he offered a tiny room in the hotel for one night. I had to carry some of my belongings by foot from one place to the other, not far away, and I woke up with a huge insect bite in my feet, not sure if from a bed bug.

Due to this disastrous experience, the next day I informed, cordially, that I wanted to check out –I had already paid for 4 nights– because, truly, this was my vacation and I wanted a peaceful stay. They could, of course, fix the shower, but not eradicate the pests. Well, the management was reluctant to refund me. I insisted, so at the end, the hotel charged me for two nights: the first night in which I hardly slept and then the second night because of its 24-hour cancellation policy. I though it was very unfair, because I was not cancelling due to my own faults like flight delays, etc, but because of the unsanitary condition they fostered. Therefore, I had to book another hotel last-minute so I ended paying two hotels for one same night. I then decided to file an official complaint – and members of its staff actually encouraged me to do it. But this is not the end of the story.

A week and half later, I returned to the U.S. and reviewed my credit card statements online. I had four unauthorized charges in two stores (up to 900$ in fraud.) These charges over the phone, with the card’s security code, were made after I checked in in this facility and before I made my next purchase with this card a few days later. I immediately contacted the fraud department of Bank of America, the issuer of my card. The bank is investigating and I am not liable for the charges. Thought there is no proof of who used the credit card number to commit fraud, it did not surprised me that it happened specifically after my payment to Barcelona City Center Hostal. I lost trust in this place and still can’t believe how such thing can occurred in world-class city with hundred of thousands of tourists. I hope the Generalitat –the regional government– can send inspectors and enforce basic sanitary laws. The manager justified the pests, alleging that the building was too old and that they had already tried fumigating. When I went to Tourist Information Office to file the form, they said that the excuse was not valid. Folks, be careful about this place. I normally prefer not to give bad reviews if I am not satisfied, specially because I care about the jobs of the employees. This time, though, I am compelled to do so.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo