Hotel Barcelona Catedral
  • Restaurant
  • Fitness centre
Casameva(Barcelona)
  • Beachfront
H10 Raco Del Pi(Barcelona)
  • Bar/Lounge
2,179 results
All reviewsgothic quartercathedral squarerooftop poolgreat locationfree walking tourside streetbarri goticgood sizequiet streetshort walkmodern hotella ramblaexcellent hotelwould definitely stay here againcentral locationtea and coffeeel born
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Just returned from 3 night stay at the end of March . Location is perfect , hotel modern with all expected amenities . Very clean and staff excellent and helpful especially on reception . Restaurant not open in the evening ( bar meals can be ordered or room service ) but we had a nice lunch there one day althought not cheap but there again Barcelona in general is not cheap . Can highly recommend the free Wednesday night "Legends " guided tour . Unlike a recent reviewer we did not experience or see any problems with pickpockets / muggers .

1  Thank redrumUk
Reviewed 30 March 2012

The hotel is in a very good location, but be very aware!! the wrong turn behind the hotel and you will get pickpocketed or mugged.. The hotel was very comfy and staff friendly, however take plenty of money as the hotel is not inexpensive but very expensive!! Do not eat or drink from the mini bar, so expensive. The beach part of Barcelona was brilliant and very clean and friendly..Alas though, there was not any tiolets to be seen and all out of order, then they charged us 5 euros to go to the tiolet..Which was miles away from our part of the beach.
That was the good but the bad is that the whole place is very scary.. Muggers everywhere, we had money stolen twice from pickpockets that looked ethnic minotiry but could not tell whom they where as the whole place is mixed with varies races. Do not accept any cards or leaflets or anything from any starnger as they will pounce on you and steal and rob you and you will not even notice, they are that good..
We did not have one good meal, the waiters where rude... unhelpful... and every meal was cold and looked as if they had the smallest portions ever seen.. Most places do tapas and we love that type of food but the portions where terrible and always cold, to be then ridiculed by the staff at most restraunts..We sat down in the sun had a sangria and a pint and was charged £18 pounds to my dismay that most places where this expensive.. There was not a lot of english and lots of americans who where getting mugged and robbed at every corner.. I have been to Barcelona the past 6 years on the trot.. This was my last.. BEWARE EVERYONE...

6  Thank steve049
Reviewed 29 March 2012

First of all, the location is perfect - three different subway stops are an easy walk. The hotel is spotless, and very quiet considering it is steps away from the Cathedral. Everything was comfortable. The best part was the staff - they are friendly, helpful and considerate. They recommended some great places to eat. There is free wifi, but it is weak and I was unable to access some of my apps. Fortunately there are three computers downstairs for one's use. I would certainly want to stay again, and feel it was well-priced.

1  Thank merlej23
Reviewed 28 March 2012

My wife and I stayed for 3 nights in March 2012, paying €130 per night for bed & breakfast.
The hotel is down a short side-street off the large square fronting the old cathedral. It’s a great central location, easy walking distance to everything in the city centre.
Hotel staff are pleasant and helpful, all we encountered spoke good English.
There are three pcs with free internet access available to residents.
Our room was a reasonable size, comfortable and well equipped. Bathroom was clean and modern. TV had a number of English-speaking channels, of the news variety. Tea/coffee making facilities in the room are charged @ €1.50, with only two “mini-cartons” of milk provided each day. My only gripe.
Breakfast comprised a good continental buffet with hot options available from the kitchen. I wouldn’t recommend the scrambled egg, but everything else we had was good. We didn’t have any other meals in the hotel.
The nearest metro, I think, is Jaume on Via Laetiana, about a half-mile walk.
We had dinner at Café de l’Academia, Montiel and 4 Gats – all were worth a recommendation, probably in the order I’ve listed them from a food perspective, though 4 Gats would win on “atmosphere”.
This was our first stay at this particular hotel, after several trips to Barcelona over the past decade. I’d consider it good value at that price and we’d be happy to return there.
Incidentally, there’s a good, almost invisible Japanese restaurant called Shunka located almost directly behind the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a street facing room - very little traffic.
2  Thank peteramolloy
Reviewed 22 March 2012

A friend and I were there for three nights in March, and overall this hotel was a total find. If you get a room facing the side street, it's really quiet, and you are steps away from the Cathedral in the old town. So it's a great spot for exploring that district. The rooftop pool is a very good size, you could certainly have a decent swim in it. The staff were all very nice and friendly, and happy to help, including with restaurant bookings and giving directions. My friend left her wrap in the lounge after she had checked out, and they found it so that I was able to pick it up...I was staying on a few extra days at the Hotel Pulitzer, which was also nice but honestly I would have been just as happy to stay here for my whole trip!

Our only complaint we had about the room was the temperature, we found it quite warm and when we asked about it were told that the manager had all the rooms set to heating because of the time of year, and only the manager could change it. They said they would ask about changing it. This was in the morning, and when we returned in the early evening nothing had been done. We had to go back and ask again to get the desk staff to ask the manager's permission to change our setting. That whole process was not satisfactory (a) why can we control the heating/air in our room ourself, and (b) why did we have to follow up to get things sorted the way we want? But it all got done in the end.

Room Tip: Facing the side street at the back, with the Vietnamese restaurant that's across the street, was very quiet...I couldn't confirm what anyone said on this site about the courtyard rooms being noisy, but when we were there the courtyard was never very crowded, it seemed.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends