2,426 results
All reviews zinc bar rocafort metro station rooftop terrace recommend villa minute walk great boutique tapas lovely hotel quiet location first floor las ramblas residential area loved this hotel breakfast was excellent the air conditioning small hotel visiting barcelona
Reviewed August 19, 2010

Located in the Eixample neighborhood just off the Gran via, the hotel is on a quiet street just one block from the L1 of the metro and just off the Aerobus route, so is very easy to get to without the noise you could get in other neighborhoods, while still being fairly central.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and check-in, check-out and brief key issue were handled quickly and professionally.

Unfortunately, the terrace bar/restaurant was closed when we went to have brunch, but we were able to buy a drink in the downstairs bar and bring it up. The terrace has lots of couches and comfy chairs (and parasols), so you can lounge after a day of walking. The views aren't spectacular, but you can see a bit of the Sagrat Cor on Mount Tibidabo.

We did not have the breakfast at the hotel, but did have coffee a few times; it was perfect and not very expensive (3€ for a cappuccino).

Our room was on the first floor, just over the bar and next to the room where tea/coffee are served in the afternoon and did not have a view.. Since we weren't in the room long enough , it didn't really matter and we were never disturbed by any noise. The beds are comfortable, the A/C extremely effective and the bathroom was great (adjustable and removable shower head - warm water straight away - perfect water pressure).

I will definitely go back to the hotel for my next trip.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank AmericaineAParis
Reviewed August 18, 2010

Lovely boutique hotel with all the bits and pieces that make a hotel a bit more than just a place to stay but a temporary home. Very nice and friendly staff, clean room, top appliances and great location.

Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 12, 2010

Stayed here for five nights before heading off on a cruise and I can't say enough good things about this hotel.

The staff were fabulous, friendly and spoke beautiful English and were very tolerant of my very broken Spanish.

The breakfast - we had it included with our room - was fabulous. Especially when you see how much food costs in Barcelona. The buffet had an assortment of meats, yogurt (unbelievably good), fruit, baked goods. The best croissants I have ever had. They even served Cava - although I didn't think drinking before sightseeing was a good idea, lots of other guests took advantage of it.

The room had a king-sized bed for my husband and me and a separate bed for my 15 year old daughter. We had plenty of room and storage space for all our gear and loved the funky mod furnishing and bathroom.

Had barbecue up on the rooftop terrace one night. Pricey (21 euro) but really, really good. One of the best meals we had in Barcelona.

Would stay here again in a second.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Cathy B
Reviewed August 8, 2010

My wife and I stayed here toward the end of our year in Spain, when we wanted to splurge a bit and be at a boutique place. You never really know what you're going to get when you get into the "boutique hotel" segment, since some of them decide that they can convert a rickety old house or apartment complex into a rickety new hotel and call it "boutique" . Villa Emilia is not that; it is beautiful, with lots of open space in the lobby, very helpful staff, well-designed and laid out rooms that feel spacious and are in fact larger than some of the other places we stayed in Barcelona. All in all, it was a great experience, and I highly recommend Villa Emilia to anyone looking for a wonderful place to stay in Barcelona.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jsoell
Reviewed August 6, 2010

We stayed at this property for one night prior to our cruise. It is in Eixample, not far from Plaza Espana and Montjuic also. It is located on a side street but easy to get everywhere from Metro station nearby. If you like modern, small, boutique hotels, this is an excellent place to stay. Rooms were modern, comfortable, and had a rooftop terrace that was fantastic for drinks and tapas. Lobby was chic and modern, more on the art-tech "W" side of the coin as far as design. Eclectic art and features, etc. a small gem of a hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple