1,167 results
All reviews premium room indoor pool olympic stadium large balcony mediterranean sea lobby bar stunning hotel five star hotel beautiful room spent nights hop on hop off bus las ramblas sagrada familia port taxi city terrace
Reviewed May 13, 2011

This hotel is horrible. Service is absolute garbage. I was using the day spa. My locker key fell between the slats of the timber in the sauna and all of my clothing was locked in the locker. A day spa staff member in the area said she was too busy to get help and that I should go down to the hotel lobby myself, naked but for my towel. She then left. I waited for the next person to use the spa area, who kindly went down to ask for help. It never came. After TWO HOURS trapped in the day spa I broke the locker door open so I could get dressed. I went to hotel reception to see why help never came - completely disinterested staff advised the maintenance man had gone to do something else and was planning to come along at some stage. I have also uploaded photos of the shower in my room. It was sickening. These photos should tell you all to NEVER STAY AT THIS HORRIBLE HOTEL. Also it is far from everything.

Room Tip: Never stay here.
  • Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank frombrissy
Reviewed May 10, 2011

The hotel Miramar is a beautiful hotel. The location is spectacular, the view over the city is great.

Our room was a delux, and had a great bathroom (with seperate bath and shower cubical) and the bedroom itself was very spacious. Some people have mentioned the noise coming from the shooting range but this wasn't something that bothered us, we hardly heard it.
We didn't have time to use any facilities at the hotel but they looked very good.
Our luggage didn't arrive in Barcelona, and the hotel were very helpful. They provided us with additional toiletries. They also tired to contact the airline for us, and called us (on a UK mobile) to tell us that our suitcase had arrived.

Overall, a wonderful experience and we would definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2011

Our high expectations where not met. First of all the breakfast is ridiculously expensive (30 EUR / person). The only reason for this price is probabbly that there is no alternative in the neigbourhood. A la carte breakfast in the room is even more expensive. We opted for one can of coffee with milk to find out is costs 16 euro!! I really donnot mind paying for quality, but this gives me a strange feeling.

Views and roomssize for the suites are great. But sitting outside on the nice teracce is spoiled by continuous loud noise from ferries waiting to leave Barcelona (with engines on).
There is a great spa, but men and women are seperated! I mean what age are we living in???
And as mentioned before, watch out for cabs taking you from the hotel to the aiport. They charge you approx. 10 euro extra...
The weekend was great, the hotel ok (the pool is a nice extra), but as you may notice, the next time we visit Barcelona (once a year) we will look for a different place.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JaaaJaaa
Reviewed March 29, 2011

We did not stay at the hotel; however we had a lot of expectation to try the restaurant. We live in the city and regularly frequent the various eateries in town.
We elected the sample menu which really is a good idea, however none of the plates were explained by the waiter and when asked what the dish was, the waiter went any and by the time they returned with the information we had finished the food.
Our evening was ruined not necessarily by the restaurant; however we had a 22:00 reservation, specifically ask for a table with a view separate from other tables. Now upon arrival there were 3 other tables occupied in a sixty seat restaurant.
However 20 minutes into our meal a family entered with young children a 3 year old with an overcharged fire engine and a 5 year old who wasn’t hungry but insisted in running rings around the table, under the table and sliding around the floor. The parents evidently had no interest in the children or the disturbance that was being caused; neither were the waiters or restaurant management.
Finally we couldn’t stand no more and spoke to the waiter; we received a shrug of the shoulders, upon then asking to speak to the head waiter, no apologies, we were simply moved outside into the March night air...
The hotels actions simply ruined the meal for us and brought me back to the fact this is a hotel and not a restaurant therefore the service received was that of a hotel and not what you would expect of a restaurant of its advertised standard.
The food was correct; the service was of a very basic standard.

Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2011

Great hotel,got a good value stay with last minute deal. so we were very pleased when we arived. Great location eventough it was a bit of a stroll from in to town but we managed to get around with the bus turistic that goes outside the hotel every 10 minutes and the cable car down to the one of the beaches wich was a plus.
The staff was amazing, so pleasant and polite, also good with advise.
So we got a room that was quite big, I was a bit worried at first since it was my first time booking trough last minute and thought maybe I would get a smaller not so nice room , but I was surprised! Fantastic! Our room faced the back of the hotel, were there is a shooting rink of some sort , but its only open from 9 till maybe 6 or7 at night so the positives from that was that you got up in time!Did see that some reviewers thought that was a bit of a problem but it's not that bad.
We didn't eat breakfast in the hotel but the patio outside was amazing, sun beaming down on you whhile having a coffe in the morning from the bar...
The only down side was that as soon as you ordered a taxi trough the hotel wich you kind of have to since there isn't that much traffic around, they charge you about 30-40 procent more. ex. taxi from air port 24, taxi to airport 40 € so that was abit of grief.
And also the hill is quite big, we didnt bother walking around it .But we did take the telerific to the castle at the top, the experience up and down was nice but I didnt tjink it was worth going up there so save your money and go down to the beach instead with the other cable car.
There is this lunch/coffee/icecream place just next to the cable car wich has a lovely view but eat somewhere else!
Overall we had a lovely stay and would stay in this hotel again , it is so nice after a day in city centre to come up to this lovely relaxing hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple