US$177
NH Hotels
NH Sants Barcelona(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$122
Room Mate Hotels
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$135/night.

US$205
Hotel 1898(Barcelona)
US$253
US$207
  • Pool
Hesperia Sant Joan(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$79
Cancelon
1,103 results
All reviewspremium roomindoor poolmontjuic hillmontjuic arealarge balconyolympic stadiumstar hotellobby barsteam roomstunning hotelcab ridebottle of cavaamazing locationspent nightshop on hop off buslas ramblastapas
Reviewed March 31, 2012

A bit of a mixed bag. The rooms were booked well in advance via booking .com. We did arrive earler than intended using the excellent serice of pre booked Holiday Taxis for both sides of the journey from the airport strongly recommend this as pre charge of £61 between four people was reasonable and efficient. It does state rooms are not available until 15:00 hours however both rooms were not ready until after this time. My room was 408 i didnt complain about it but realy 5* should have inspections glass was cracked in balcony window, ceilings in shoer room and bathroom were discoloured by flooding from above with paintwork hanging down in bathroom. The toilet door was hanging loose and made a right racket when closing ( I fixed it myself) Problems with air con blowing only hot air. The hotel staff were all friendly sheets and towels were changed regularly. Friends room had none of these problems. Location meant it was hard to walk overcome by using Barcelona pass (recommended) no 50 takes you right to Espanya place. Unstuck on Thurday due to natonal strike. Even with these faults woild recommend hotel for the peace and tranquility esaping from city noise and pollution. garden view isnt that bad either. Dint eatb in because of budget

Room Tip: Get the Barcellona pass use the free entrance or discount tickets. Underground in centre saved our legs. Watch out for Romonov thieves who tried to block me just shout at them and dont stop moving have items away from site also watch out for girl with dog who did open friends back pack but didnt get anything
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Gypsy60_11
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Stayed in suite and premier room with seaview
Nice big room with private terrace and beautifull view. Room service was good.
Staff very helpfull and friendly, changing my room for a more quite room was not a problem.
Nice big bathroom with separate bath and shower, the bath salts were only available in the suite not in premier rooms.
Getting there by walking can be a bit difficult since the hotels on a mountain, but since taxi is relative cheap this should not be a problem

Reviewed March 9, 2012

Stayed here for just under a week. Hotel is very nice, views over the port are amazing. Staff were very helpful and accomodating. The rooms and the bathrooms are also pleasant.

However, the week that I stayed, they had a LOT of problems with the water and the sewage- type smell in certain parts of the hotel. This included the water in my bathroom turning brown, smelling unpleasant and on two occassions stopping flowing altogether. Unfortunate as I was half way through my shower covered in soap!!

The corridor that takes you through to the breakfast area has a BAD 'sewage' smell which remained throughout my visit and I was not the only guest to run through there, holding my nose.

I have just returned and been to the Dr. today for an upset stomach (not eaten for 3 days in Spain as feeling too poorly) which I attribute to drinking the tap water (brushing my teeth) in the bathroom first few days of my stay before it had turned brown. The water was VERY heavily chlorinated at times at the start of my visit.

This experience is unfortunate because it spoiled an otherwise very enjoyable stay at what is unquestionably a very nice hotel as other reviews will testify. That said, a quick google search when I got back showed that the problem with the water would be appear to be a recurring rather than an isolated incident. I hope that the hotel reads this review and acts upon it because this water issue is spoiling an othewise nice place to stay and I would not return unless I was absolutely convinced that the problem had been solved permanently.

If you do decide to go, ONLY drink (and brush your teeth in) bottled water and you'll probably be fine.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 605 which had great views over the port/ harbour and out to sea and a very long and large balcony because it was on the corner. Sun in the morning but not from mid afternoon.
3  Thank Ringmaster65
Reviewed March 9, 2012

3 main issues here.

1) The hotel maids dropped my laptop whilst cleaning my room and moving it from where I left it - causing me to have a £700 bill

2) The water in the hotel gave 2 of my colleagues a stomach bug to content with for 3/4 days. With occassions when the water was no longer running in the shower, or the water being brown.

3) The hotel smelt very badly in certain areas of the hotl due to poor drainage or sewage works.

The hotel looks lovely, but deep down, it is very very poor!

5  Thank Gary T
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Introduction:

I was in Barcelona attending a conference hosted in Hotel Miramar.
This review will be short as I didn’t want to stay at the hotel during the conference because of the bad organization which turned the hotel in a building with nice rooms but that is all.
Although my better half and me only spend one night in the room, I hope this review will help.

Dates of stays:
Booked from march 2 to 5, 2012
Sleep one night, work from 2 to 5 in the day time.

The Exterior:
The building is very “modern” but well integrated to the hill of Barcelona, Mont Juic.

The Area:
Perfect location is you want to chill out a bit out of town.
A bus, 55, will take you downtown in around 25 minutes.
A cab will cost you 10€.
If you’re looking for action, well you are not in the right spot.
If you’re looking for a nice place to rest and have a romantic week-end, it’s great.

The Interior:
Very nicely arranged and decorated.
The lobby is small with two desks for checkin/out.
Stairs will take you to the lobby bar, which opens on a very large terrace facing the sea.

Check in:
The check in was ok.
Difficult to comment as when you stay in a hotel hosting the conference you’re attending you should expect some troubles.
We were taken care of by a lady who helped a colleague for at least 5 or more minutes before talking to us while we were sitting in front of her waiting for assistance.

We managed to get the key cards after having been warned that everything will be charged on the credit card right away with no refund option.
Well, now I understand why as it’s not the hotel handling the billing but the conference.
Much to our surprise, we will discover that everything else would have to be paid in cash.

The room: 316
I think this was a deluxe room.
Quite nice with a very large king size bed, a small balcony with a sea and park view.
On the balcony, only one armchair though.
No way to sit for a romantic two person aperitif with my better half thus.
The room has a long working desk, a big enough closet, a minibar and a flat screen TV.
The bathroom is “integrated” in the room, separated by a design curtain.
Everything you can expect in a hotel of this category was there: bathrobes, slippers (but cheap though), sewing kit …

The Bathroom:
Separated from the bed room by a curtain, the bathroom is an open space with a egg shaped bath and a single sink.
It’s very nice looking but the bath is not so comfy.
Design kills comfort sometimes.
There is a separate shower, very large, with a hand shower and a “rain” type one on the ceiling.
The only problem is that when you shower with the hand shower, the ceiling one is leaking and you get some cold water drops falling during the entire time you spend in the shower.
Both of us tried to avoid that, but we couldn’t.
There is a large toilet, separated from the rest of the bathroom by glass walls and door.

The Bed:
Excellent quality, very large, great sleep.

The Breakfast:
What can I say?
It was totally stupid.
Breakfast was between 7 and 9 AM.
On our one and only morning there, there were only 18 people who came in time for the breakfast. 18 out of 400 attendees shows that none of us would expect such a short schedule for the breakfast.
On top of that, as the restaurant was closed to host lounges for attendees, we had to cross a freezing corridor to end up in a sort of meeting room. At least the place was surrounded by the gardens, and the buffet although very limited was good enough.
And you know what: that breakfast wasn’t even included in the price of the conference apparently.

Room Service:
Well, again due to the organization, there was NO room service menu available.
If you want to eat, you’ll get the same limited sandwich choice than in the lobby bar and will have to provide prepaid tickets (in cash)!

Check out:
Long and complicated.
2 persons on duty to check out 400 people?!
Wow, that was the icing on the cake.

Fitness center/Wellness:
Didn’t even have the time neither the mood to check it out, sorry

The Restaurant:
Closed!

Business center:
I didn’t visit, so I can’t comment.

I really liked:
- The hill of Mont Juic is nice. There is a great promenade to do in the parks around the hotel.
- The view on the city and sea, the nice back terrace of the hotel are very enjoyable.

I really disliked:
- As my better half and me were completely NON aware of the greedy organization, I will not put the blame on the hotel but on the conference.

My conclusion:
I’m sure that this hotel is potentially a great choice.
But they choose to sell their soul to greedy conference people.
In our case it will make us keep a bad souvenir of our one night stay in the room and my 4 days stay in the rest of the hotel.

Thanks for reading one more bad English review!

All the best,