“Great stay before flying out”

NH Collection Barcelona Tower
Ranked #136 of 518 Hotels in Barcelona
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 16 August 2017

I found the hotel on Trip Advisor but I wasn't totally sure what to expect. I wanted a hotel that included breakfast and free transport to the airport for after our cruise. I was surprised by how elegant the hotel was. The breakfast was the best we had on our entire trip. I was very excited about the local foods they featured. Our room was very roomy and well appointed. I loved the shower! My favorite part was the incredible view from our 18th floor room. I would certainly stay here for our next visit. Big tip is to eat at the bar for your dinner instead of the restaurant. It is a little less expensive and has great food and service. It was the perfect end to our vacation.

Room Tip: I had a superior room with a view and it was wonderful
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
HHTOWER, Director General at NH Collection Barcelona Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Dear Amy,

Even though we frequently receive positive comments about our Hotel, yours are specially exceptional.

Be assured that they will encourage our team to continue with our efforts to achieve continuous improvement and excellent service.

Again, many thanks for your inspiring remarks and we hope to welcome you back in the Hotel NH Collection Tower in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Josep Maria Serra

Write a ReviewReviews (2,658)

Reviewed 15 August 2017

We stayed at NH Collection Barcelona after coming in late on a long-haul flight, and found that it was a great introduction to Barcelona. The Hotel was close to the airport, and the entrance and ground floor area, very contemporary, well designed, with a great atmosphere. Our room had commanding views over the surrounding area and provided a great nights sleep. We were really just using the hotel as a transit stop as were picking up a car in the city the next day and driving along the top of Spain to Santiago. Still, we found the beds extremely comfortable and the bathroom well thought out. the hotel was close to the metro and we had no trouble getting into the city. While brief, all in all the stay was memorable and would certainly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2017

The hotel itself is ok, the rooms are pretty dark and that depends on the taste of the individual. Much worse is the theft of luggage right in front of the hotel entrance. That is also the reason for this negative review. The security staff were not at all helpful in trying to solve the crime, aperently nothing was to be seen on the security camera that should have hadf a clear view of the happening. This makes me wonder wether the hotel staff might have benn involved!?? Also no answer was received on subsequent email contact requesting a update on the investigation and also the request for a copy of the invoice. Very bad service indeed!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 August 2017

Reception staff at the hotel are very friendly and welcoming
The rooms are very clean and well equipped, and the bed is very comfortable
Breakfast is very luxurious and rich with a wide selection of quality food
The hotel is close to any attraction in Barcelona as well as the airport
Very simple, it is worth it and recommended to stay there
Luxury shower room with luxury toiletries

Room Tip: Deluxe Room
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
HHTOWER, Director General at NH Collection Barcelona Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Dear Amjad,

Thank you very much for having taken a few moments of your valuable time to express your satisfaction about the services of our Hotel during your recent stay with us.

At the Hotel NH Collection Tower it is our aim to exceed the expectations of our guests. It is most inspiring for all members of our team, to know that we succeeded in our effort.

Thanking you again for your time and your comments, I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here at the end of a holiday as it was close to the airport. Very flashy when you first walk in but on closer inspection in hallways and rooms, stains on carpets, some light globes not working in room and no tea/coffee ficilities. We decided to go for a swim in the pool, as seen in the facilities on trip advisor. However we were told it is next door, you needed a pass and it was 12 Euro's each to use. No mention of this on Trip adviser ad. Also we had no water in our room when we arrived in the shower or basin.I rang the desk and they said someone would come up. Didn't see anyone but a while after hubby tried the water again and it was back on. Know one had told us. Feeling a bit down hearted by now. Went for a walk and found an alley of small shops, cafes and bakeries. Good value here. Better option than expensive restaurants at hotel. Breakfast there was 22 euro or I think 18 if you paid at desk before hand. Still too dear and as I am a Celiac I couldn't eat half of it.On the up side we had dinner at one of the restaurants, only one was open. The meal and service there was very good. My husband said one of the best steaks he'd ever had and my cod fish was beautiful also. They even had gluten free bread for me. As I said the service in there was excellent. They have shuttle busses to airport, Barcelona or Gava beach, just out of Barcellona. We chose the latter for our last day. We walked down quite a way along the beach and found a couple of bar/cafes on the beach. We stopped at the second one and stayed all day. All painted white with a few potted plants. It was beautiful, relaxing and the service very friendly. We hired 2 sunbeds and an umbrella and just chilled out. It was a perfect way to end our holiday. So glad we did that. Not much to do around the hotel, mainly industrial. There is a small park behind the hotel where lots of locals walk dogs in the evening. We enjoyed a walk there also. Pictures are of Gava beach about 15/20 minutes away, not near hotel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon M

Dear Mrs. Sharon,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking your time to comment on our Hotel and the services rendered. We highly value your opinion for process of continuous improvement and as a base for making our guests stay more enjoyable every time.

At the Hotel NH Collection Tower our aim is to exceed the expectations of our guests, and we deeply regret when we do not fully achieve this.

With great concern I have received your negative comments about the Hotel. I would like to apologize for this unusual shortcomings.

I hope that you will reconsider to stay at our Hotel on your next visit to Barcelona. Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 10 August 2017

perfect venue for a one night business trip stay. rooms are spacious, large bathrooms, room service breakfast not the best I've ever had but was ok. not a great selection of gin & tonics at the bar. staff were pleasant. good location for my office, but not that close to Barcelona city centre.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Although this hotel is out of the city, it is easy to access Barcelona's main attractions via the metro (it takes about 25 mins max). The service we received was excellent, in particular from Ali who gave superb room service and was a great ambassador for NH hotels. The rooms are outstanding. The shower is superb and the views of the city are amazing (you can spot Camp Nou, La Sagrada Familia and Barcelona Cathedral from room 22!). Breakfast is lovely but very pricey (about €25 per person), so we went down to the local shop for pastries the next day. Air con does what it says on the tin and provides a welcome respite from the heat of the city. We did not use the spa facilities so cannot comment on them, but overall our stay was definitely five star. Gracias!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple