All reviews yogurt plaza universitat shower toilet rooms are small la rambla other guests first floor the location is perfect train station privacy ramblas refrigerator internet catalunya espresso key wardrobe
Reviewed September 9, 2016 via mobile

Stayed there with my girlfriend.
First of all - not easy to find. You need the exact location - the hotel is in an appartment building.
We got there and were informed that we get the extra large room instead of large.
Happily we came to the new upgraded room and were shocked.
The room is really one room - four wals in which there is a bed , a bathroom and a toilet with one door - either the bathhrom is closed or the toilet (see pictures). I dont want to imagine what the normall room looks like (andnot the XL)
The AC is awful - does not get the room cold at all although it was working all day long.
The breakfast is really poor - you get to the fridge and take what there is in there.often there is almost nothing there , andno room to sit.
The milk is not fresh , and the orange juice as well.
Overall it is way overpriced for ehat you get.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2016

I stayed here with my sister for 5 nights. Booked last minute. The room is very basic and like someone said before you need to be very comfortable with who you are with as the toilet and shower are in the room separated by a pane of sliding glass. The room suited our purposes perfectly. I am going to list a few bad things but these didn't deter us from our experience.

The room itself is in need of attention - the curtain rail fixing was nearly hanging off the wall, the sliding glass pane between shower and toilet was cracked, there is visible mould behind the glass sink and there is a desperate need for a couple of hanging hooks inside the shower, and the shower leaked through from shower to toilet (but nothing a towel on the floor didn't fix)! The room is quite noisy in terms of traffic noise and people coming to and from other rooms but you cannot hear other guests inside their rooms which made me feel confident others could not hear us in our room (playing music and our giggling fits! etc). The music system was not working during our stay and the TV was not receiving any channels - i mentioned this on our first day and the reception lady said she would look into it. However, neither of us were interested in the TV so this didn't bother us. The balcony is absolutely tiny but it's great to have one regardless to hang out drying clothes, for a cigarette etc.

I don't want to put others off booking here as the location is great - 5 minutes from La Rambla without being too close. Right next to Universitat Metro station. It is like having your own place rather than staying at a hotel which is great. The reception man/lady were always helpful with our tourist questions and recommendations. Wifi is very good.

The room may have needed attention aesthetically but everything worked (other than music system and TV) but we had our own speakers for music. And if noise doesn't bother you too much (which you must expect from being in the city centre in a city that never sleeps). The room was clean and tidied every day. The bed and pillows were comfy - no complaints there.

I do recommend the hotel if you're on a budget like we were and if i were assured the aesthetic items were fixed I would most definitely book here again or even try their other branches (Hotel Chi&Basic Born).

Breakfast is DIY self serve 24 hrs a day which I think is a great idea however we always went out to eat as Cup&Cake, a small supermarket, many bakeries, bars and restaurants are literally a few steps away. Had a good stay overall.

Room tip: Maybe ask for a room that's not near the main entrance to prevent too much noise from other guests
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed July 20, 2016

Of course, I visited la Rambla during my stay in Barcelona. This restaurant appealed to me from the outside, so in I went and ordered paella. This was a perfect choice, beautifully presented. Mariano, the waiter only added to the perfect ambiance. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed July 16, 2016

This hostel was perfect for a student couple travelling on a budget. On arrival, we were greeted by very friendly staff who upgraded to a large room with a balcony overlooking the square. The room was clean and spacious, and the bed was incredibly comfortable! We didn't eat at the hostel, but the eating area looked welcoming and cosy with snacks available at all times. No complaints about our stay!

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2016

The Hostel is in a very good location, really close to universidad and to plaza catalunya.
rooms are pretty new, with nice elements and clean bathrooms. the only problem, at least in our experience is that the room was really too small, without wardrobe and very little space to move. moreover the hostel is on two floors and to move from one to the other (the brackfast is only on one floor) you have to use the stairs of the building or the elevator.
Overall a nice place in a very good location

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces