See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 16, 2017

This pension provides basic accommodation and does not pretend to be anything else. So don't expect too much. The rooms are small and have only the basics. I had a shared bathroom which had a permanently wet floor. The hotel sprawls over 6 floors, and there is a grand staircase and a lift. The staff are friendly and helpful.

On the plus side, it has a superb location between the Ramblas and the Placa Real. I had a top floor room with a balcony overlooking the Ramblas. So, it is a good place to stay for just a few days, if your main consideration is to be at the centre of the old town, with the Bari Gotic on one side and the Raval on the other. You can walk out of a your basic accommodation onto the Royal Square.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view, otherwise it could be claustrophobic
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed January 4, 2017 via mobile

Very small rooms, most of them with exterior bathroom. Not very clean. But it's on central location and cheap. For those who are interested in sightseeing and not being many hours in the room, it's very good value for money.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 11, 2016 via mobile

I visited Barcelona for 3 days and we stayed here in Pension Villanueva. i paid 50 euros for 3 nights and i got the TOP FLOOR. i have my own balcony and good view of La Ramblas. This is an ok place to stay for cheapskate people really. The Only good thing about our stay here is we are at the top floor with balcony, good location because its literally in the heart of Barcelona, and friendly staffs but the rest is bad. the room i am with is small even if i have balcony, very dusty and dirty sheets, the Shared Bathroom is the worse, and the building itself is old and musty. this a type of hotel only good for one night stand hotels.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2016

My sister and I stayed for 3 nights, we were nervous as we had read some terrible reviews but we were so pleased. It was in the most fantastic location.Our room had its own bathroom and an internal window. Im glad it was so basic, made us go out and explore! The beds were comfy and clean. The shower was good, always hot water.I was worried that it wouold be noisy as we were in the square but honestly couldnt hear a thing

Room Tip: ask for a bathroom
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 20, 2016 via mobile

I had 0 expectations due to reviews and photos on trip advisor of this hotel, but I have been pleasantly surprised. Not the place to go if you are expecting perfection and stylish mod cons and luxury. It's a great located clean, basic and friendly hotel for people who want to be in the middle of the fun.

Pros

Clean, friendly, easy to access, lots of towels supplied on request,

Cons

Shower didn't work too well and neither did the air con, no tv in room, and if you have a room facing the ramblas it is very very noisy all night long if the door is open. If door is shut you don't hear a thing

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family