“awesome!!!!”

Residencia Erasmus Gracia
Reviewed 5 February 2012

clean, big and comfortable room, friendly staff, extremely well located in lovely barrio gracia for the most reasonably price you can find in barcelona!
we'll definitively return!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sevencats24

Reviewed 2 February 2012

Fantastically clean, conveniently located and close to all essential amenities - this place cannot be faulted bar the rather weird set up regarding the shower situation. It's nigh on impossible to take a shower without flooding the bathroom! It's not a deal breaker though as staff are lovely, happy to help and offer advice. The place is about a half hour walk from Plaça de Catalunya which is recommended if you are not carrying heavy luggage as you'll get to check out some outstanding architecture on the way there.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Runaway_Executive
Reviewed 23 January 2012

We stayed here for 5 days and enjoyed every moment. It is very central with easy access to the Lesseps station on L3 line (5 min walk) and lost of shops and supermarkets around. It is also quite close to Park Guell about a 15 min walk. We had a corner room on the 2nd floor which was very spacious and clean with our own bathroom. I really cannot fault this place as it was more than I expected.
We booked this place through one of Easyjet holiday packages. If only Easyjet was so on the ball as these guys. Even though we didn't interact with the staff that much they were always friendly, on hand and happy to help.We opted out of the breakfasts but they looked ok walking past. The free wi-fi was fast and reliable so no trouble there. There is also lockers charging 2 euros where you can leave your luggage. This was really good value and we would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jozitraveling
Reviewed 22 January 2012

if you're a budget traveler but still you're looking for some comfort this is the place for you.
Recently renovated, spacious ensuite rooms at a price that is similar to hostel's. Only warning: it can get noisy especially in summer since there are may students staying there, we were there for a week and we sent there friends and just some had noise problems. Very clean and staff is helpful for informations. 3 minutes walking to metro station and situated in a lively quarter of BCN with plenty of restaurants and bars.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sophietheblackcat
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I read the reviews on TripAdvisor and decided to go for this hostal. Itis in a very safe area. There are lot of reasonably prices restaurants and supermarkets in the area. It is close to Metro and Downtown Barcelona is only 4/5 stops away (less than 10 minutes and you are in the heart of city).

Even late at night the road is bustling with people and it feels very safe. UNESCO heritage Park Guell is nearly 20 minutes walk away.

I was given double room for single use. At £30 (nearly 38 Euros) per night, it was a bargain. It was cleaned regularly and I got two towels, two soaps etc. Breakfast is nearly 4 Euros. It is basic (Jam, Marmlades, Bread, Ham slices, Cheese slices, Croissants, Muffins, biscuits, Apples, Oranges, milk, and there is a machine with juices/tea and coffe). One can fill their stomach and skip one of the meals. For 4 euroes, it is quite cheap in Barcelona.

There is also a common sitting area with vending machine, fridge and microwave.

Staff members were friendly/helpful and answered the questions but were not extraordinary (i.e. I was not informed of many services available unless I asked).

There is free wifi. Computers in the hotel are quite expesnive when it comes to the Internet. However, there is a shop just few minutes down the road where you can use the Net for 1 cent a minute. Only thing I felt was lack of Intercom/telephone in the room and to contact the receptionist one has to go to the reception themselves.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank MoAlam
Reviewed 6 January 2012

I spent a good hour on hostel.com looking for a place to stay that was within my budget and had a private room. I finally came across this place. Like many said, the location isn't amazing, but it definitely was not bad by any means. And for the price, it was well worth it. The room I stayed in had two beds, even though I only needed one. It faced the outdoor patio, and since it is a school residence, I did hear some chatter at night, but nothing that really kept me up. Getting to the room was almost like going through a maze. My room happened to be at the very end of the corridor, which was fine, except the corridor light wasn't always working, so it was a little dark, which at night, by myself, was a little unsettling. But aside from that, I felt safe. And the staff at the front desk were helpful. I wouldn't say they were amazingly hospitable, but I don't have any complaints against them at all. The only thing that really stuck out in my mind was the size of the shower. I'm from the States, and I've stayed at a few places in Europe, so I know their showers are smaller than ours. However, each time I took a shower, I got water everywhere. ha ha. Whether I had the curtain inside the shower or if it was hanging outside, by the time I was done, there were massive puddles all over the bathroom. Perhaps the bathroom is made to withstand it, but it made it a little inconvenient when I need to get in there and there are piles are sopping wet towels scattered on the floor!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 October 2011

Excellent, considering many factors: the prices, cleanness, kind staff and commodities in the room (bathroom, TV, looker with key, big areas and modern room) make this residence a real hotel. The localization could not be the great, still considering the metro station around and supermarkets a few steps from the residence. For myself was very kind; I won’t choose other part of Barcelona to be for sure, for so many reasons: big offer of restaurants, bars, young people and apparently security on streets (even at late hours). Next time I will be there again for sure.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends