“A Wonderful First Night in Barcelona”

Casa Carmen Restaurant Platillos
Ranked #768 of 10,112 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: US$12 - US$24
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 September 2017

I will say straight up, I am setting a different standard for Barcelona restaurants. Almost every where we ate would be a five or excellent bank in the states. I would have given Casa Carmen a five after the first night, food was terrific, service prompt and courteous, value excellent. It's just we dined further into the week we found restaurants off the chart. That being said, Casa Carmen still gets a high recommendation from me. We had two starters to begin our meal: Padron peppers and beautifully prepared burrata that melted in our mouths. For wine we kept it simple with the house blanco. Fine enough. Fish for entree. I had cod which you will find is not in short supply. Prepared with onion confete and honey and raisin reduction. Excellent. My wife had the salmon which was also well prepared. No dessert that night. Total bill 50 Euro. Value off the charts.

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

First day in Barcelona closest restaurant but it was very good. Had tapas and burgers , both very good very staff very helpfully.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

I took the day menu. Salad were fresh, and rice with sea food delicious. Moreover service was really friendly.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

Ate here again tonight after excellent meal,tonight so different ,waiter clearing away starter while still eating,main course came had to ask 3 times for knife and for, then my meal Italian Burger was stone cold, refused to pay for mine charged for 1 meal ,glass of cava to say sorry ,!

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed opposite the shopping centre and ate here twice. The food is good and the service excellent, nice friendly staff. All right maybe not the best steak in the world but decent enough. It's not a steak house. Very reasonably priced.
Worth a visit.