“Authentic and brilliant ”
Review of Bar Xapako

Bar Xapako
Ranked #66 of 11,030 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: US$2 - US$29
Cuisines: Bar
Neighbourhood: Eixample
Description: Bar Cerveceria of food, tapas and dinners family atmosphere, where good quality drinks are served and at very economic prices. Musical atmosphere and availability to watch football matches and sporting events.
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Great selection of tapas, and a small but broad-based menu of main meals. We ate outside (Barcelona were playing and it was in the TV), but service was great and food wonderful.

Thank Rev. Alastair B

Reviewed March 26, 2018 via mobile

Our family of six went for a light dinner. Never had tapas so thought we would give it a try. They gave us little dried bread pieces and Catalonia sausage for free. We had the strong cheese smoked sardines potatoes with garlic aioli octopus my wife had the pork and eggs the kids croquettes. The “strong” cheese was like a blue melted but wasn’t blue. I loved it. The star of the tapas was the Torreznos! Think of cured bacon pieces with the skin dried and then fried in olive oil. Oh my goodness! They were outstanding! Total meal for six with two beer four cocktails and two pops came to 67.90 €. A total winner. Great service though the English was limited we were able to communicate well enough to leave happy and stuffed. A real find

Reviewed March 21, 2018

Good food at a reasonable price. I took chicken+salad+ water+ coffee for the price of 11 €.I tried the tapas too. They were very good and around the same price.
Very friendly waiter and nice atmosphere. I felt at home. The waiter even came around with some free tapas.
Would recommend this restaurant if you are looking for good, cheap food in Barcelona.

Reviewed March 20, 2018 via mobile

Went here based on trip advisor reviews and glad we did. It very much typifies a proper local bar which is what you really want anyway. (No it’s not trendy, our usual is a bar in the street we have come to call Gucci street, due to the location and this bar is very different)The thing that stands out here most is the hospitality of the host even though we don’t speak the same language it came across clearly. At the the end of the day how much you enjoyed your evening is surely what matters. And we really did enjoy it.

1  Thank Tom H
Reviewed March 20, 2018

I have been studying abroad for a semester and my apartment fell less than a block away from the bar. It may not seem all that from the outside but once you go in you can feel the Spanish culture. I mostly always go for beer being that it is very cheap compared to more touristy spots here in Barcelona. The staff are some of the nicest people you will meet and they give free complementary stuff and occasionally even a free beer which i think is number one customer service. I would definitely recommend.