All reviews las ramblas hot tub on the roof recommend this hotel great location universitat metro station simple hotel el raval light sleeper a lot of noise central location cruise ship city break visiting barcelona stayed for nights wonderful hotel catalunya terrace
Reviewed February 26, 2015

Location was pretty close to Ramblas, which was good.
Room was average; undecorated, beds quite stiff, nice balcony (ask wiew to the street!)
No fridge or minibar in the room.
Shower was bad, water didn't stay warm.
Friendly staff and ok breakfast for 8 euros.

Room tip: Upper floor ja balcony to the street
Date of stay: February 2015
Reviewed February 23, 2015

We travelled to Barcelona in October and it was love at first sight!
The city is so beautiful and the weather in October was great.
Hotel Ciutat Vella is having modern and clean rooms. The breakfast is manageable - you don't have a large selection but it is very good - I especially remember the delicious chocolate croissants :-) The hotel have a great location, in a side street of the La Rambla promenade, nearby the Placa Catalunya where we arrived by a shuttle bus from the airport.
If you would like to enjoy a pleasant and quite stay you should take a room faced to the inner court yard. We had a room with a nice view to the side street. In the morning it was very loud, because there is a small restaurant and a café in front of the hotel - but it was not further disturbing for us. The only thing was, that there was no Minibar in our room and that the hotel is not offering bathrobe for the Jaccuzzi. Anyway - we had a faboulous time, and I am definitely recommeding this hotel!

Date of stay: October 2014
1  Thank AvidTraveller2207
Reviewed January 12, 2015

The hotel is really good - it has rather comfortable and clean rooms. There is free Wi-Fi everywhere. The situation of the hotel is excellent - it's just in the centre of the city, close to Rambla, Catalunia square. It's a wonderful place for shoppoholics.
The breakfast isn't very big, but there is a wonderful coffee machine and you can have very good real coffee (which in not very often in other hotels).
We spent three wonderful days there.

Date of stay: January 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Hellena420
Reviewed December 22, 2014

Booked this for a quiet last minute weekend away with the wife before Christmas. Pictures don't really do it justice. Clean, friendly staff, value for money - would maybe ask for food recommendations from the hotel though. The local restaurants weren't great. Amazing location for a short weekend stay.

Room tip: Ask for a room not on the street side if you want a peaceful night's sleep.
Date of stay: December 2014
1  Thank jimbrothr
Reviewed December 1, 2014

When I booked the hotel I was wary as it didn't look that amazing on the photos but it was cheap and very central so wasn't expecting much. On my arrival the reception staff Alessandro checked me in and I mentioned I would prefer a room with a street view and wasn't concerned about noise. He looked to see what was available and gave me my room preference. He was very helpful and informative. A great guy. I've stayed in fancy expensive hotels before and whilst this hotel may not look much from the outside I certainly enjoyed my weekend at the hotel. It's reassuring to know there is a 24 hour reception, a very relaxed vibe and friendly helpful staff. I wanted to stay again over the new year but they are booked up. I visit Barcelona regularly and will always try and get a room at this hotel. The only negative for me was that the wifi kept going off but no big deal I could pop down to the reception area and pick up the wifi and check my emails.

Room tip: I wanted a view of the street as I love hustle and bustle so the noise didn't concern me. I also like people watching. When the windows were closed you couldn't hear any noise. I stayed in room 106.
Date of stay: November 2014