“Really nice place to eat in Barceloneta”
Review of La Bombeta

La Bombeta
Ranked #645 of 11,090 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: US$7 - US$22
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Barceloneta
Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

First time I visit this place and is very authentic with no fuss. The food is delicious and the service is typically spanish.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,862)

Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

Typical tapas place. Good food .. the staff is very friendly .. we had a great time here. The price is reasonable.

Reviewed March 20, 2018

This restaurant has the best Bombas (potato balls filled with ground meat and topped with garlic sauce. The waitress don't speak English and the proudly advertise that they don't have free wife but they cook very good. The waiter who served us seemed to be bored and not too smiling but we got everything quite quick.

Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

Upon seeing the great reviews on here we decided to have lunch here today. Boy, was it a mistake. The quality of the food is simply rubbish. My husband ordered some kind of fried fish with weird looking beans, and it was too oily and the consistence was like an alien mushrooms...simply uneatable. His other dish was butifarra con padron (tiny sausage ballls with green peppers), I had to use my napkin to push out and soak up all the grease it had in them, it was disgusting. I had mussels, which was OK, to be fair, but they served it almost cold, so no kudos there either.... The fried calamari was so bad, again so greasy and without any taste whatsoever that I decided I’d just be better off leaving it... They don’t speak English and I presume no language other than Spanish (Catalan) either - which they are even proud of - written above the bar. (No English menu of course). No credit or bank cards are accepted, albeit it is clearly stated on their one language “carta”. I must point out that we (especially my husband) are not very picky eaters and I honestly can not even begin to comprehend how so many people could give such good reviews (my very hungry husband nearly threw up after the first bites - he only did not send back the food cos he got too tired to go elsewhere after a 15 minutes waiting). The accompanying Sangria ordered was tolerable. For this money (65 euros) you can get way better food, service and athmosphere... this place is just TERRIBLE.

2  Thank danavivi2000
Reviewed March 17, 2018 via mobile

Super busy, and crappy service but it's more than good enough to ignore. Food is excellent and for the location very inexpensive.