All reviews destination bcn paso doble great apartment washer dryer enclosed balcony thick towels the penthouse well equipped kitchen small lift apartment was very clean comfortable beds full kitchen the location is perfect four nights short walk boqueria market fantastic city
Reviewed September 7, 2009

We spent 4 nights in the Paso Doble apartment and 2 nights in Ghost. The building is a wonderful old historic structure that has been beautifully restored with creative modern design while leaving as much of the historic touches as possible. The original old pine doors, outer brick walls and a great old elevator/lift make this building a charming place to stay. It was a perfect location for our first trip to Barcelona. Three blocks from Plaza Catalunya where you can jump on the tram,hop on the bus or begin walking down the famous Las Ramblas. Some of the best shopping and dining are just minutes away. Patricia made us feel very welcome and went out of her way to help us get settled, make dinner reservations and show us all the apartment amentities. Iberia Airlines lost our luggage the first 3 days and the whole Destination BCN team were so helpful in trying to locate our bags and deal with the airlines. Managers Anne and Miklos answered every question we had and even burned a CD for us to take home that we enjoyed listening to during our stay. Having a washer and dryer in the apartment was our saving grace with no clothes the first few days. The apartment has every staple you could possibly need and a supermarket is just down the street for anything additional you might want. Paso Doble faces the busy Rondo Universtat and can be a bit noisy if you are not used to that. It has dark colors and is very warm and cozy. However, Ghost faces the back of the building and is extremely quite, but without the street view. It is very bright and cheerful and has more space. We enjoyed both units and were VERY pleased with EVERYTHING.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dovesnest
Reviewed September 4, 2009

We stayed in the BCN Walden apartment . I could not recommend it more highly. The apartment is beautiful- well appointed and beautifully furnished. It was even equipped with staples such as coffee and tea, oil, vinegar, laundry detergent. The location is quiet but within an easy walk from the main streets of the old city. The apartment was spotless upon our arrival. Check in and departure were easy and we were provided with a number to call if there were any diffiuclties. In addition, there is a concierge in the building.

• Stayed: August 2009
3  Thank crossVancouver_BC
Reviewed August 31, 2009

Appartment Finn, Ronda Universitat: excellent location, designer furniture (Habitat), high quality bed, kitchen with blender, microwave, induction, nice wines, coffee etc. Lots of restaurants and shops to buy your breakfast nearby. Fantastic location.
Just visite their website: what you see on the pictures is what you get. Great alternative to a 5* hotel. Fantastic place in a fantastic city!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
5  Thank Inspire802649
Reviewed August 26, 2009

My wife, two year old boy, and myself stayed at the Canadilla apartment for 6 days in early August.

Our host, maybe Patricia (can't remember her name), met us a couple minutes after we arrived and was very helpful in explaining the amenities of the apartment and providing dining suggestions. Unfortunately, after two planes with a toddler and a six hour time difference, I needed to shower and I stopped listening to her after the first ten minutes.

The location of the apartment is wonderful. It's an easy 5 min walk to the Placa de Catalunya and Las Ramblas. Also, there is a large grocery store in the middle of the Placa de Catalunya which was very convenient.

There were a lot of apartment amenities but the only ones we really used were the fridge, dishwasher and the washing machines. We did not watch much tv but there were a lot of channels available. Wireless internet access was easy to use, as was the air conditioning.

Items to note: Don't get scared when you see the facade of the building. There is a hostel sign attached to the front of the building, and I think the hostel occupies the first 2 floors. We never had any problems with noise or cleanliness, which may be associated with hostels. The apartment was very clean.

Although the building has an elevator, it is extremely old school. First, it only fits 2 adults, and has a gate and double doors that open inward, which makes getting in/out somewhat annoying. Also, if you have suitcases/duffel bags, you're gonna need to take at least two trips on the elevator. It's not really a fault or negative comment, just not something I was expecting when I first arrived.

The two notes mentioned above in no way affect my impression of the apartment. They are minor points which were a bit surprising. Overall, the apartment is a wonderful place to stay in Barcelona and I would definately stay there again if we go back.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2009

My husband and I rented the Principal Apt for 5 days at the end of July along with two friends. Before our arrival Anne was responsive, helpful and even provided a list of recommended restaurants in Barcelona. We arrived at the apartment at 9:30am after taking a red-eye flight from PHL. Patricia met us at the apartment and provided maps, restaurant tips, etc. The apt was not ready for an early check-in since the previous renters were checking out at 10AM that day and then they still needed to have the apt cleaned. They were very accomodating to arrange the cleaners to clean the master bedroom first so we could go into the apt early and take a nap and recover from jetlag. I wish I could find house cleaners like this back home! They spent 5 hours cleaning and the apt was spotless (and I'm a neat freak).

The apt itself looks exactly like the pictures. The tub in the master bedroom is amazing, I only wish I got to use it more than once. The apt is stocked with high end furnishings, wine glasses (not the typical IKEA ones you see in most rentals) and bed linens. Also, no need to bring any guide books, they have the apt stocked with at least 20 different recent books. Overall, this was one of the nicest rentals I've stayed in. I would stay here again without hesitation.

Pros: Luxurious, great location, attentive service
Cons: Metro can be heard and felt, might be a problem for light sleepers but not us. There isn't much of a view from the outside terrace since it's the inside courtyard of the building. There were often cigarette butts from the upper tennants dropped onto the terrace.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ocean_gal74
Management response:Responded June 30, 2012

Important Update:

For those considering future bookings with DestinationBCN, previous disturbances caused by vibrations from the metro near our Universitat apartments have now been resolved. Barcelona transport service TMB has completed maintenance work to resolve this issue and we are no longer experiencing this problem.

We would like to offer our sincere apologies to prior guests that may have been affected by this.

DestinationBCN value the stay of our guests and will continue to ensure that they have an enjoyable experience whilst staying in our apartment suites.

Kind Regards,