“A wonderful evening”
Review of Viana

Viana
Ranked #5 of 10,956 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: US$18 - US$35
Neighbourhood: Barrio Gòtico (Barri Gòtic)
Neighbourhood: Barrio Gòtico (Barri Gòtic)
Reviewed May 27, 2017

I was here on May 15th, a Monday. What a fun evening! One thing I didn't expect was the camaraderie among the diners in my part of the restaurant. Next to me was a couple from Brazil. On the other side was a couple from the U.K. I ordered my main, and then discovered that both of the couples had gotten the suckling pig. Furthermore, it was an obvious hit. I was impressed enough by their testimony that I ordered it immediately. They were right. The pork was incredible. As was the chocolate trio for dessert. To top off the evening's fun, the couple from the U.K. was celebrating a birthday and we got to sing Happy Birthday. Great meal in fine company that evening!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,622)

Reviewed May 27, 2017 via mobile

Best place we ate in Barcelona.

We was sorted on the bar and have a wonderful experience... the service was superb....
I never write reviews but this time they simply worth it... A must restaurant in Barcelona

Reviewed May 26, 2017 via mobile

We booked ahead by email from the UK. Arek, the lovely maitre d greeted us like friends. It was my birthday and they delivered a desert to the table and all sang to me. The whole team were friendly. The food is superb. I had blackberry mojito (or 2!) Spring rolls to start and chicken with herbs. Gorgeous. It is a small space but feels intimate and convivial.

1  Thank Liz B
Reviewed May 26, 2017 via mobile

Book well in advance (like 4-6 days) to secure a table or try your luck as we did at the bar- works for groups of 2 usually even if you have to wait halfa. Wait as long as it takes because everything about this place is worth it. Service was impeccable behind the bar and wait staff. Signature cocktail is delicious and all I can say about the food is this is fine dining quality without the price tag. Absolutely delicious. Can't wait to get back to Barca just to go here again. A free liquor with the bill was a magnificent way to end.

Reviewed May 26, 2017

I found Viana on tripadvisor and booked a table for 4 people a few books before we travelled to Barcelona. It was fantastic, probably 1st equal for our best meal in Spain. The cocktails were amazing (you need to try the Blackberry Mojito). We are not particularly adventurous with our food choices by Spanish standards but the menu is one of those where you wanted to try everything. Everything from the entrees (Tapas) through to mains and desserts was exceptional. The waitresses were friendly and efficient. The prices are more than reasonable for the quality of food and service we received. After seeing the line of people outside when we left I was very glad we had booked ahead.