“A pearl in the Barceloneta”
Review of Paco Alcalde

Paco Alcalde
Reserve with
Paco Alcalde is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,079 of 10,349 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: US$30 - US$149
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Barceloneta
Reviewed 14 March 2017

At our first visit we had lunch and it was good. Then we had dinner and it was better. And at our last visit we had lunch again and it was delicious!!! Cocktail of mariscos - excellent, bouillabaisse - marvelous (and believe me the portion is as big as you can have it for 3 persons), entrecote with Roquefort cheese sauce - melting in your mouth.
So, go for it!

Reviewed 1 December 2016

This was our second time in Paco Alcalde restaurant. The restaurant has been in business since 1921 and is family run. A few years ago looking for an authentic dorada dish we stumbled into this restaurant. It is a place where locals eat and we are always more interested in such than the very touristy places on the beach or main streets. We were not disappointed. We loved the way they prepared the dorada for us so much that we decided to visit again during this year’s trip. The place was not changed. The service was great and again we ordered dorada and sangria and were happy with our choice.

1  Thank DianaAndAlex
Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

Great wholesome food. If you're on a diet or a vegan, you might want to stay away. But if you like traditional food in deliciously generous portions, that's the place for you. Plenty of fish and seafood, though if you don't want that, go for the leg of lamb. You'll thank me later.

1  Thank OccasionalGuest1
Reviewed 15 November 2016

This place came with great reviews and when I managed to go try it, I was quite disappointed.
We ordered the fideos negros and a fish parrillada. They brought us the fish first and the noodles later. I specifically ordered the noodles first, and they said it's the same and many people eat them like this. I don't know if they were trying to mess with us because they thought we were tourists and could tell us whatever they want. The food itself was not bad (the fideos a bit too salty), but I really disliked having to start with the fish first.
The place has funny sea-themed decorations, but the chairs are covered in filthy pillows and the floor was slippery. I don't think I'm going to recommend this place to anybody.

Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

We were told this restaurant had a good paella and after having 4 days of exceptional food in Barcelona this has to be our biggest let down ! The chairs were covered in crumbs and sticky arms , not a great start!!!The razor clams were tasteless and not properly cooked , the paella was dry and tasteless , we have better in our local market in Provence ! Very disappointing experience !