“Phenomenal, fresh food”

Charla
Ranked #9 of 413 Restaurants in Sitges
Price range: US$11 - US$28
Reviewed October 15, 2017

We were looking for somewhere casual for dinner in Sitges and stumbled across this little place with its chalkboard menu. Love places with the chalkboard, as they usually change things to reflect what is fresh and good. For starters I had the octopus salad and hubby had the Bresaola - both were very fresh and seasoned well. I had the ricotta ravioli for mu entree, and the pasta was clearly homemade and very tasty. Hubby had the tagliatelle with fish and asparagus and ate every last bite. Split a tiramisu for dessert and it was very creamy. Great little place for dinner, if I ever find myself in Sitges again will definitely return.

1  Thank Jenz99

Reviewed October 10, 2017 via mobile

A small and friendly restaurant in the small streets of Sitges. Very nice and efficient service. All the pasta plates we tried were home made. And sooo good. The children were very happy about everything they ate. And the desserts were heavenly. The pennacotta with pistacio is the best I have ever tasted. Must return for more.

1  Thank Anna A
Reviewed October 5, 2017

Charla was recommended by friends of friends in Sitges. We stopped in on a quiet Sunday evening with a party of four. We were given a table toward the back of the restaurant with a good view of the kitchen. Our waitress was polite and professional. The menu is not huge, but offers a good variety of well-priced dishes. Everything is prepared fresh, using top-quality ingredients. One of our party ordered the most expensive entree on the menu -- a salmon dish priced around 13 Euros. He was very impressed with the flavors and presentation. I was impressed in that I pretty much couldn't purchase the piece of salmon in the dish for the fifteen dollars (the US cost of the entire meal in Sitges). I had gnocchi -- which was made fresh and was wonderful. Two of our party had spaghetti carbonara, which was done perfectly. The house wines were perfect complements to the meal. The location of the restaurant is convenient to almost any place in the old town of Sitges. The decor is simple, with old silverware turned into coat hooks and other cute touches. I wish there were a restaurant comparable to this in San Diego, California.

1  Thank Tim B
Reviewed September 8, 2017 via mobile

The restaurant is a clean tidy inviting environment. The service was swift and friendly. The lasagna tasted delicious. Would definitely return.

Reviewed August 30, 2017

We started with an excellent mixed green salad and the greens tasted like they were cut moments before being served. My partner had fresh salmon which he said was perfectly cooked and I had homemade lasagna, nicely layered with meat sauce on the top.

Preparations were simple, nothing over spiced or over sauced, allowing the quality of the ingredients to shine. The chef has a deft hand in the open kitchen and is savvy purchasing the day's ingredients.

Our bottle of wine was a good value, too.

The service was friendly and professional.

The restaurant was spotlessly clean and the Catalan vaulted ceiling adds much charm to the simple decor.

We plan to go back and try lunch next time!

1  Thank IntracoastalFtL