“Amazing food, service and ambience yet again ”
Review of Fragata

Fragata
Ranked #41 of 422 Restaurants in Sitges
Price range: US$30 - US$45
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 29, 2017 via mobile

Amazing food, service and ambience yet again. My partner and I were here in October 2016, had an amazing last night meal, so thought we'd repeat again on the last night of this visit, tonight. My partner had the ravioli starter, lobster for main and creape for desert. I had fish soup, monkfish and cheesecake, all absolutely delicious and superbly presented. I would highly recommend this restaurant and would go as far as saying that it is the best restaurant in Sitges, well better than Sitges 33, Nem and Alfresco. Also the service (in particular attention to detail and strong leadership by Pablo, the manager) and the views and ambience are the best in Sitges. I would highly recommend this restaurant. Best in class for sure. See you this time next year Fragata!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,415)

Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

My family and I went to Fragata recently and it was the most disappointing and frustrating experience. The staff was extremely rude, to the point we thought of leaving the restaurant. One of the waiters literally yelled "huh?" At my fathers face when he didn't hear what my father had ordered, he then proceeded to turn around and talk to another waitress while taking my mother's order, very very rude. We were also served by two other waitresses who weren't as rude, but they were completely indifferent to how we enjoyed the night and would just throw the food and drinks on the table and leave.
Finally, the man who charged our bill at the end of the night was probably the rudest, after the credit card machine had done the transaction, he threw the card on the table and left, without making any eye contact or saying anything at all.
It really is a shame because the food was excellent, but the chef's talents were overshadowed by the lack of tact and respect of the staff.
If I must say, the root of the problem began when we asked to be served in Spanish, my family is Irish/Mexican so we speak both English and Spanish during our conversations, as soon as we were heard speaking Spanish, we started being treated like trash. I don't know if it's a policy the restaurant has, but all the tables around us were occupied by British people and they got excellent service, and we didn't because of the language we spoke and where we come from. Overall, I would not recommend this restaurant until there is a serious change in posture within the staff.

Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

Great food, absolutely horrible service, slow, not friendly ( we native spoke Spanish and English). We've travelled the world and this is by far the most rude and unprofessional service we have every received.

1  Thank Malcolm S
Reviewed August 25, 2017 via mobile

We stayed a week in Sitges and had our best meal at Fragata. Perfect for a special occasion. We were a party of ten and all found the food to be superb. Service was friendly and efficient and the terrace at dusk with views towards the boat club made a great setting.

Reviewed August 22, 2017 via mobile

Stylish decor and well drilled staff servicing this restaurant located at the foot if the church in sitges couldn't make up for our experience.
Wanting to taste paella we chose this restaurant based on recommendation. Whilst the kids menu was an added bonus everything else was slightly disappointing. The preparation of the paella took 30mins so be prepared for this by factoring in needing a starter on not arriving starving!
All of the main meals came out well presented and the serving of the paella had some theatre attached to it. Unfortunately the occasion was overshadowed by the salted cod which we all tried to make sure it wasn't just a personal dislike. The restaurant must have agreed that something was wrong too as they knocked the dish off the bill without any fuss. Fundamentally though when you go out to eat you expect everyone to be fed and on this occasion this didn't happen. On this basis I simply can't mark it more than average. I'm sure others will disagree.