“Fabulous food”

Fragata
Ranked #39 of 422 Restaurants in Sitges
Price range: US$30 - US$45
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 23, 2017

Touring through Spain and on our way to Barcelona we came across the delightful town of sitges with a beautiful beach and beach side restaurants. We decided on Fragata, it looked inviting but didn't open until 8pm. Being English we forgot the Spanish do not eat til later. We returned and the restaurant was empty but we were not put off. The menu is in English as well as Spanish which helped. An excellent choice of fish courses as well as meat courses. I had the hot fish soup which was delicious and served in a way I'd never seen done before. The large prawns and fish on the dish and the waiter poured the soup over the fish at the table. The aroma was wonderful. My partner had the cold soup which he claimed was wonderful. Followed by the suckling pig that melted in your mouth and each mouthful was a delight. The presentation of the food was stunning. Washed down with a local Rioja it was a perfect meal. Alas I didn't have room for dessert but my partner had the crepes and I was allowed a tiny morsel. Again a taste explosion in my mouth with nearly a creme brûlée topping. It was a really special meal and one of the best I have had in spain. By the time we had finished our meal the restaurant had filled up and was obviously a popular choice with people.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,397)

Reviewed October 21, 2017 via mobile

A beautiful place to go for a nice evening meal. The food is delicious, well at least the savoury dishes. The desserts were nowhere near as enjoyable as the rest of the meal which was a bit of a let down. The service can be a bit chaotic too.

Reviewed October 19, 2017 via mobile

Spain with friends and gay friends food was good and service was ok Sitges is the new escape place for me

Reviewed October 12, 2017

Fragata is a wonderful restaurant, superb location (make a reservation is my advice) and the staff are plentiful and polite. When seated we were given a 'complimentary' fish paté appetizer with bread and crackers. Well priced wine list and an excellent menu. Our starter was enough for two and our main course of seafood was also in abundance. And when the bill arrived we discovered that we had been charged for the so-called complimentary started and bread. Yes, if you read the very bottom of the menu is shows you the charge but the food is just put down straight away. A small charge but one that reduces this restaurant from a 5 star to a 4. Shame.

Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

This was by far our favorite meal in Spain! We got the steak tartare and tomato bread for a starter and split the seafood Paella. Highly recommend! We sat on the patio and there was a little band playing right out on the boardwalk which made our dinner even more enjoyable!