All reviewssmall roomold towngood sizelovely hotelthird floorwalking distancecroissantsbreakfast buffetshowercaminocentrecathedraltaxikmeuros
Reviewed September 1, 2017

+ Wooden floor is soft and clean. Wide bathroom. Shower booth is perfectly shielded so that water from shower did not flowed to the bathroom. No uncomfortable found. Overall, quite confortable room.
Close to both rail station and bus terminal.
I wish I could eat more vegetable at the breakfast, although I am satisfied with breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed July 11, 2017

It was my last Hotel on my Camino a Santiago, It was a decent hotel, great breakfast and very good attention to their guests; especially the afternoon coffee and snack for free !! With a very good room size; walking distance around 15 minutes to the Old City or the Catedral area.

Room Tip: I was in a room that faced the street and it was not noise at all in the morning, conclusion I think all rooms are ok ,
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed June 2, 2017

We found it and then went to book in and found that we had not paid for breakfast. WE solved this by going to the 5* Pousada. But then we went to our room and in our hurry to get sightseeing we dumped our bags and went. 20 minutes walk to the center up hill. But when we came back very late we realised the room was smokey. They could do nothing at 2200 so it was an open window all night. Ug!! They ought to have known.

Room Tip: Use one closer to the centre
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2017

I am a non smoker and a room which exudes the remnants of cigarette smoke is unpleasant to me. It can also set off my asthma. The smell of smoke hit me the moment I walked in. We had to keep the window open all night so we were pleased that the weather was not too cold.The net curtain was stained brown with smoke. Why hotels can't keep smoking rooms separate from non smoking rooms I will never understand.
The room was a twin but the beds were set together just as if we had booked a double room. I therefore needed to separate the beds by moving the furniture about. It was a very small room on the third floor and there really wasn't enough room to have two suitcases opened easily on the floor.
The shower was powerful and there was plenty of hot water.
Downstairs in the lobbie there are complimentary coffee and cakes. Larger cups would have been welcome as I ended up having three capsules of coffee where one in a large mug and a single capsule would have done!
The breakfast offered a good variety with some gluten free options. The coffee from the machine used at breakfast however was not particularly nice.
The lounge space is very limited.
The hotel is 1km from the centre of the city and cathedral and therefore is an easy walk to the restaurants and sights.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 29, 2017

Stayed at this hotel last week end 21st/ 22nd April as part of group of 30 from Ireland majority of whom were walking the Camino. Myself & three others arrived at The San Carlos around 10.30am on Friday 21st.& were immediately allocated rooms . We ( my wife a& I) were allocated a room on the third floor on the front overlooking the Galician Parliament .We had a good sized room with a small balcony overlooking the street scene below -- very pleasant. We had asked our Spanish agent Vintage Spain to book a small reception at the hotel for our group at 6pm Friday & this happened like clock work. The hotel management called it a Cocktalil Party . We were served mini tapas very tastefully presented & to drink Cava & Gallician Cider. The staff were extremely helpful from unloading our baggage from the coach to getting us quickly to our rooms. An added bonus was that two of the staff spoke good English which always makes things easier.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have a good outlook over the grounds of the Gallician Parliament opposite
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends