See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 4, 2016

At first, communication with Clive was very effective and pleasant. He was very helpful, before and during the stay. Further, location was excellent - near town centre, in the old part of town - and all other locations in Gibraltar were within a walking distance.We, me and my son, were staying there for 13 days and lived on the first floor. Our appartment was nice, clean and there was everything we needed. Local magazines, some maps and also books were at our disposal, too. The appartment consisted of a living room with small kitchen (windows to the street, sometimes quite noisy), bedroom (very quiet room), and bathroom. Highly recommended.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank Jolana-cr
Reviewed June 7, 2015

Governor's Inn comprises two almost identical apartments, one on the first fool, one on the second. I stayed in the first floor one for 7 nights whilst visiting Gibraltar. I was on my own, but the price is the same for up to 5 people, which makes it very economical.

The apartment is very private and quiet, in the centre of Gibraltar and easy to get to, being a short walk up City Mill Lane from The Piazza in the town centre to Governor's Street, where the flat is just up to the right above the owner's Sign Maker's Shop. Being in the town centre, there are no views, but this is made up for by the central location, privacy and ease of access. Taxis from the frontier or airport will drop you at the door.

On arrival, Clive Martinez, the owner, was there to meet me and show me the apartment. Clive is a very friendly easy-going man who will help in any way he can to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

The apartment comprises:
- one double bedroom with a double bed and a single bed
- a large well presented and well equipped kitchen/dinning/sitting room with breakfast bar, flat-screen TV and two sofas, one of which folds out into a comfortable double bed.
- the bathroom - a bit narrow, but has a full sized bath with a good strong shower, basin and toilet and plenty of hot water. Unfortunately you have to go through the bedroom to get to the bathroom, making it difficult if you are sleeping on the sofa-bed.

The kitchen has everything you might need - kettle, toaster, oven, hob, microwave, fridge/freezer and washing machine, as well as all the pots and pans, crockery and cutlery.

The apartment also has good Wi-Fi and is fitted with UK Style square-pin electrical points throughout.

Overall, the apartment is excellent value for money with a great location. Whilst I personally would not want to go as a group of 5, I would certainly recommend it for a small family town-based holiday destination.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
11  Thank Stan L
johnBullGibraltar, Owner at Governor's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2016

Thanks for your comments, The question of having to go to the bathroom via the bedroom has now been addressed, you can now go to the bathroom via the corridor, by passing the bedroom. Constructive criticism helps use improve our product and make things more comfortable for future guests,
Many thanks once again,
Clive

Reviewed February 10, 2015

I stayed here with my then Fiance now husband for the purposes to get married.... we arrived at quite an awkward time seeing as it was as schools were getting out. The owner Clive left us a note on the door to give him a call. We did so and went straight upstairs without hassle of immediate payment which was ideal for us because we had our entire lives with us 4 large suitcases and 2 large carry-ons. we got keys and an explanation which was pretty simple. went upstairs got comfortable and went grocery shopping. the next day we went to the registration office to sign in for our ceremony Clive was amazing help to us as they require a receipt that we are staying in Gibraltar. He had it ready for us and we paid at that time. He equip us with a map and the rest of our stay was relatively quiet. The only thing that was notable is that Governor's street is a main road with a lot of traffic. We stayed in Flat 2 which is away from the street so we weren't bothered by the noise but just note that its a main street.

OVERALL, I definitely believe that this is worth the money and we preferred it as we are seasoned frugal travelers. I suggest it to anyone who wants to see the world on a budget because we at in the majority of the time and only spent about £60 on food for 5 nights.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
13  Thank Crystalm0117
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I have stayed at the Governors Inn on a number of occaisons, always found the appartments clean and comfortable, The owner Clive has always been very accomodating for us as sometimes we arrive at unusual times.
The location is ideal for all of Gibraltars attractions and main shopping areas, some of my freinds have used other hotels in Gibraltar, but they now use the appartments as they prefer the flexible nature of self catering.
We will deffinately be booking again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
18  Thank Chris W
Reviewed July 14, 2012

2 friends and I made a trip to Gibraltar towards the end of March 2012 for a short educational visit to the Rock.
The owner, Clive, is very friendly, offers great advice and makes you feel very welcome.
The apartments are above a printing shop on Governors Street, and so have a great location in the old town, being 5 minutes away from Main Street, Casemates Square, John Mackintosh Square, the Gibraltar Museum and other sights in this area, as well as being a convenient base for exploring much of the territory, with the Ocean Village Marina, Cable Car to the Upper Nature Reserve, and Botanic Gardens all being within a 10 minute walk. Also well positioned for a short uphill walk (15-20 mins) up to the World War II tunnel entrance on the Rock.
If you visit in the cooler months, the apartment can be a bit chilly when you first enter, but column heaters are provided and get the place cosy in no time.
We stayed in the first floor apartment, directly above the shop. The kitchen was well equipped and well stocked with new cutlery and was in a studio arrangement with a lounge complete with TV and two sofas that convert to double beds. The bedroom too was complete with a double and single bed, as well as wardrobes and drawers with the relevant bed linen provided. The bathroom was accessed from the bedroom and consisted of toilet, wash basin and bath shower, all clean and presentable.
These apartments are highly recommended and I would definitely stay again should I visit Gibraltar in the future.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends