“It was very good, love the tapas and cappucino”

James Joyce Irish Pub
Ranked #608 of 11,198 Restaurants in Madrid
Price range: US$6 - US$23
Cuisines: Irish, Spanish, International, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Barrio de Salamanca
Description: We are an Irish-owned and run pub located in central Madrid, a stone's throw away from Plaza de las Cibeles. We serve food all day, show live sports, including, rugby, soccer, american football, tennis and golf, as well as having live music. We have an outdoor terrace throughout the year. Our bartenders speak several languages, including English, Spanish, Italian and French. We have a langauge exchange, for those who want to practice their Spanish or English, on Monday evenings from 8.30pm. We also have a private room for parties and celebrations. We hope you can come by to experience a little bit of Ireland in Spain!
Reviewed 21 March 2012

The service was great. We had drinks outside and free tapas. You can smoke and enjoy the Spanish scenery.

11  Thank kassidy_12
There are newer reviews for James Joyce Irish Pub

Reviewed 14 November 2011

The guinness and the food were great and not expensive. I had the Irish stew and the meat just fell apart. The waiters are very friendly

21  Thank MozzaAdelaide
Reviewed 21 October 2011

I ate here with my wife. It was splendid and the staff was prompt and kind. I have no complaints, the atmosphere is pleasant. I have egg allergies. They were able to cater to my allergies which I appreciate. Many restaurants in Spain have not been doing that. I ate a chicken sandwich and my wife had a club sandwich. The location of the restaurant is near the bus hub. A big park is close by. If you like Irish Pubs then this place is a must.

19  Thank GregMiller
Reviewed 30 September 2011

We visited this pub to watch a World Cup Rugby match at 10.30am. There are plenty of screens to view the match from anywhere in the pub. We ordered breakfast which was tasty and plentiful. The only downside was when I ordered tea, I got the smallest teapot I have ever seen, barely a mouth full. Apart from this the experience was good with lots of atmosphere. The staff were friendly and efficient.

18  Thank JomarDublin_Ireland
JamesJoyceIrishPub, Owner at James Joyce Irish Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2011

Dear JomarDublin,

Thank you for your kind words and I am sorry for the size of the teapot you received, which I will resolve immediately. I hope you enjoyed your trip to Madrid. All the best, Matthew

Reviewed 18 September 2011

Want to watch sports and have a beer, go to the James Joyce, if there is something you want to watch, just ask.
There are plenty of staff who enjoy sports and will try to help out.

18  Thank ipswich99