“Classic, always there”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed July 8, 2016

Wonderful classic place, 40 years there, non sophisticated but real, decoration is also unique in Madrid

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Not much data about the beef, so I relied solely on the menu, instinct and previous visits. It did seem safe so I proceeded with my order. This time I had the Tangoburge,r a double decker with 7 oz patties of what I would label some sort of medium ground chuck. The beef was perfectly fine, but it was not exceptional in any way and a weakly textured bun. As far as seasoning goes, the burger patty was seasoned with salt, more than I like. I did tried the “chili” which somehow reminds me Campbell’s Pork-n-beans, but this time they had too much salt, I tried twice and that was it didn’t want to push my luck.

Conclusion: My typical Knight-n-Squires burger, no more no less. Once again, not a bad eating experience. I hope that someday they will serve French Fries instead of chips which are pretty lame when having a burger. This time I saw the joint lit up at night and I had a closer look at the décor – I like old license plates from the States. For some reason, this time I walked out of there bloated thinking I was going to have hellish dungeon & dragon nightmares. No harm done.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

As a burger enthusiast and former GI, upon hearing it was a former hangout for USAF airmen," I was ethically compelled to see what this joint was all about. The place is quite crammed and it feels like you have to walk over the tables. About the burger: I ordered a TonyBurger (it reminded me of LatAm burgers, especially those you run into hot dog stands in Venezuela and Colombia), it has an egg it comes over & easy, beware. The beef patty seems around 7oz and no fries or tatters, just plain chips which disappointed me but didn’t kept me from eating the burger. These are very basic, but tasty burgers. A great place to bring in your kids at an affordable price. They also have red bean chilli available and they are just marvelous. At glance the place looks like it hasn’t been subject to décor since the 70’s and that people had great times back then. Conclusion: A better than average burger at a fair price. Can get there by subway but is quite hike from any nearby station, check your map thoroughly. Nonetheless this is a meal that will make your money’s worth.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

This was the first hamburger place in Madrid...in the outskirts of the city...in a newly developed area! I went there the first time in 1979, the burgers were exactly then as they are now. Inexpensive, the same taste. I remember it was very inexpensive then, for kids, and it still is, but not as inexpensive as it was then. However the decoration has not really changed all that much, it just feels like it has been replaced with other things rather than with newer things.

You never used to get french fries with the burgers, just chips (for English: no chips, just crisp) This remains that way... It is also the reason why the burgers get served so quickly.

OK, so there is a lot of variety...different sauces and condiments added to the burgers in mostly disproportionate amounts. It was fun as a kid to try them one after the other. I always liked the Knight's Burger and the one with chili con carne...with the after effects...the Italian one is great...the one with Swiss cheese...the list just goes on and on. The burger itself is difficult to describe, the quality is fine but the taste is the speciality, nowhere else are you going to get anything like it.

So on weekends for dinner there is a line of people waiting...outside even, almost every weekend, even when it is raining. You can't book a table...

If you have to wait, all I can say is that since service is really quick it might be sooner than later you get your table.

Service has always been and still is...average. Its about the speed you get served, nothing else.

Decoration, I can't really describe it, one needs to go and get the feel for it.

This is just a special place in Madrid for those who want to grab a nice fast burger with an experience attached to it.

1  Thank WWTravel_55
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I've been traveling Europe with some friends & we decided to "find" the best burger in Europe.

We came across Knight'N'Squire talking to clients in Alfredos BBQ (just two block away) Some people say that it's as good as Alfredo', we say NO WAY!! The food is less than average, the service is poor... and the only good thing is the price, it's really cheap! ... the chips! are chips, straight from the bag!! jajaja

The Best Burger in Spain??

We say it's Pecado Carnal, 100% Kobe Burger served in style & in a great atmosphere... it's reminded us of the Burger Joint back in NY.. great food in an unexpected place... The Kobe Burgers come with fries or mashed potato ... Simply Spectacular!

If your in Madrid & you ARE going to go to Santa Ana, walk to Pecado Carnal & try there Kobe Burger... and post back!!