“Homemade burgers”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed November 2, 2017

A classic in Madrid since 1974, one of the first restaurants to offer American style food. In fact, since then, dozens of franchises and foreign fast-food have taken ofer the hamburger demand but this place still remains almost untouched. The food is good, tasty, really homemade, made with basically the same ingredients you would find at home to make your own burger, served with potato chips. Also hot dogs are available. Don't expect huge dishes, by the way, the burgers are as compact as the prizes. Nice friendly staff and atmosphere, perfect for a family dinner. I've been here quite some times and it was time for a review! The walls are packed with hundreds of movie stars and beer-oriented posters and portraits, that really look old and worn out. Just the way I like it!

Reviewed September 22, 2017 via mobile

This bar is gorgeous! I love it. You could spend hours just looking at the walls, and all the plates they put up. Was it the best burger I've ever had? Definitely not. But the atmosphere was worth every penny. I can imagine this bar would be very crowded in the evenings though, they managed to put a lot of tables and chairs in a small space.

Reviewed July 8, 2016

Wonderful classic place, 40 years there, non sophisticated but real, decoration is also unique in Madrid

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Not much data about the beef, so I relied solely on the menu, instinct and previous visits. It did seem safe so I proceeded with my order. This time I had the Tangoburge,r a double decker with 7 oz patties of what I would label some sort of medium ground chuck. The beef was perfectly fine, but it was not exceptional in any way and a weakly textured bun. As far as seasoning goes, the burger patty was seasoned with salt, more than I like. I did tried the “chili” which somehow reminds me Campbell’s Pork-n-beans, but this time they had too much salt, I tried twice and that was it didn’t want to push my luck.

Conclusion: My typical Knight-n-Squires burger, no more no less. Once again, not a bad eating experience. I hope that someday they will serve French Fries instead of chips which are pretty lame when having a burger. This time I saw the joint lit up at night and I had a closer look at the décor – I like old license plates from the States. For some reason, this time I walked out of there bloated thinking I was going to have hellish dungeon & dragon nightmares. No harm done.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

As a burger enthusiast and former GI, upon hearing it was a former hangout for USAF airmen," I was ethically compelled to see what this joint was all about. The place is quite crammed and it feels like you have to walk over the tables. About the burger: I ordered a TonyBurger (it reminded me of LatAm burgers, especially those you run into hot dog stands in Venezuela and Colombia), it has an egg it comes over & easy, beware. The beef patty seems around 7oz and no fries or tatters, just plain chips which disappointed me but didn’t kept me from eating the burger. These are very basic, but tasty burgers. A great place to bring in your kids at an affordable price. They also have red bean chilli available and they are just marvelous. At glance the place looks like it hasn’t been subject to décor since the 70’s and that people had great times back then. Conclusion: A better than average burger at a fair price. Can get there by subway but is quite hike from any nearby station, check your map thoroughly. Nonetheless this is a meal that will make your money’s worth.