“The best hostel I've stayed in, cannot fault”
Review of Way Hostel

Way Hostel
Ranked #9 of 424 Speciality Lodging in Madrid
Reviewed 13 June 2015

I never expect too much when staying in a hostel but I couldn't have asked for more from this one. Perfect location, clean, safe, quiet at night, lovely staff, good social area and kitchen and really well priced. I was here with a friend but would recommend to anyone travelling alone. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends

Reviewed 6 June 2015

I stayed at this hostel for 5 nights and it was one of the best hostels I have stayed in! The staff are really cool and have lots of good advice for pretty much anything you need. There is just generally a fun vibe about the place and everyone is chilling and getting to know each other in the lounge (often aided by drinking games run by the hostel). They have an in house chef that cooks on several nights in the kitchen which you can buy a decent sized meal for €2 or €3! His Paella was delicious! Good WIFI that reaches all the rooms and a good location close to metro stops and an easy walk to most attractions. 24 hour reception so you even get a friendly welcome at 5am after a night out!

Room Tip: All the rooms I saw were nice and not crammed in. Even the 12 bed dorm had tons of room for activiti...
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 June 2015

way hostel位置方便,價格便宜!早上有簡單的cherros早餐,也有很多可以額外付費參加的tour!房間寬敞,也都有附上locker,浴室乾淨,有乾濕分離!wifi收訊佳,插座也充足,員工很熱情,很推薦這間hostel!

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 May 2015 via mobile

The location is good (right beside the metro), which is quite useful in moving around Madrid.

The staff were quite friendly and helpful. On the day of my check-out, they had no problem with storing my luggage until i had to leave to catch a train in the evening.

The dorms are standard. They come with central plugs for everyone to share and lockers.

Stayed: May 2015
Reviewed 20 May 2015 via mobile

This is probably the best hostel I've been to in my whole life! The staff is amazing and they really are doing everything they can so you'll have a perfect experience! They do activities everyday which is perfect when you are travelling alone! I would definitely recommend it and I miss it already! ;)

Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 May 2015 via mobile

I stayed at the Way for three nights, and I changed rooms after the first night due to two separate bookings. The first room was a four bed female dorm, the second a six bed female dorm. Rooms were spacious and had lots of plug sockets. Wifi worked great in the common room but wasn't great in the rooms. Pillows weren't great. Room was very very clean. Bathrooms were also very clean, stocked with enough toilet paper etc, and air freshener.

The windows in the rooms don't really close so it can get quite noisy at night so be sure to bring some earplugs.

The staff at the Way are by far the best hostel staff I've ever come across. All very attentive, all remember your name, and it's nice to have people to talk to if you're on your own.

I did the tapas night which I would advise against. It was €12 and I think it's a bit much money for what you get, in my opinion. Still had a good night out but the price was a bit steep.

They do €2 paella some nights which was great!

You can store your backpacks in the storage cupboard when you're out and about which is helpful.

In all, brilliant hostel with great staff.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 April 2015 via mobile

The directions to this hostel from hostel world was amazing! I had no problems finding Way Hostel. The girl who helped me when I arrived was super nice and even though I arrived hours before checkin, she stored my backpack and provided me with information of what to do. I did the walking tour that comes to the hostel and it was great! Harriette was super enthusiastic and really targeted the tour for the audience. The vibe is nice and the kitchen is large an very accommodating. I prepared lunches and dinners - felt very at home! I did however have difficulties sleeping, even when going to bed at 1am. The guy working at the hostel was playing very loud music and my 12 bed room was right next to the reception area. Also, after being out all day the following day, I returned to find my door wide open. I was very relieved I hadn't left anything of importance in there! Otherwise, they people that work at way are helpful and friendly. The wifi is very good and computers are available too. Bed was very comfortable as well. Good shower pressure and hot water.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo