“Very helpful staff and excellent bathrooms”
Review of Way Hostel

Way Hostel
Ranked #9 of 424 Speciality Lodging in Madrid
Reviewed 11 September 2016

Location is excellent (even if Metro Line 1 which is closest to the hostel was broken). Very accommodating staff. LARGE bathrooms (yay!). Our room had A/C which helped with the Spanish summer weather. The group activities looked fun--too bad I was unable to join!

Only downside is rickety ladders for the bunk beds. It's not fixed to the frame of the bed, so whenever you go up or down it makes a noise. So, I will stay here again but maybe request for a lower bunk bed.

Room Tip: Get a lower bunk bed
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

Stayed at this hostel for one night in Madrid before flying home. The staff were friendly and really helpful at showing us good places to eat as well as showing us around the hostel. The main problem witn this hostel was the noise. People were playing music and being loud until about 4am when we had to wake up at 6am for our flight. Nobody seemed to care that others were sleeping and there didn't seem to be any rules around noise.

This hostel is in a great location, clean and friendly but don't go if you want to sleep!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 August 2016

One of the best hostels I've ever been. The staff is always willing to help and making activities. The common area and kitchen is big and they also have beers and drinks available for you to buy in the reception. The hostel is located near the city's downtown, so you can get to all the party stuff like nightclubs, bars and festivals by walking. There's also a metro station near the hostel so you can get there as soon as you get off the plane. The rooms have A.C. which is awesome during the hot Spanish summer. Each bed counts with its own power socket. There are several bathrooms and some of them are private (one person). The Pub Crawl was awesome, our host (Juan Manuel) took us to nice bars, one of them with free beer during the first hour, it is a great opportunity to meet new people, specially if you are traveling alone and don't know how to start on Madrid's night ;)

I would definitely come back if I am in Madrid again.

Room Tip: Is not a "family" hostel. Lots of young people and party. Although my room was quiet, othe...
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 August 2016

The staff is super helpful and nice. The hostel organizes events every day and every night, I never had that much fun in a hostel!
And my bed was comfy, and OMG I loved the air conditioning and the fact that it was not bunk beds. I absolutely recommend it!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel. The hostel itself was always cleaned up by the workers, spacious room with lockers (bring yours or rent one at reception). Staff knowledgable and super nice. Def 100% recommended

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

One of the best hostels we have ever stayed in, the room felt like a hotel but the downstairs still has that social hostel vibe which was great. The man who checks you in is soo lovely and helpful. We stayed in a private room and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone staying in Madrid!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2016

Hey! I spent some days in the last week of july in the Way Hostal in Madrid, it was the third time I stayed there for a weekend. And I have to say that I´m really happy that I found this hostal because I always feel very well and welcome there and have a great first place to go when I´m in town. The atmosphere is just really nice! The best thing is that the people who work there are very friendly and not complicated, they are relaxed but do everything to help you when you need something! Especially the Chilean guy, working at the reception was just great !!! He helped me out a lot !! Because of meeting other young travelers in this hostal, who come from all over the world I always felt as if I would be on a long and big trip... Just If you want to have a very quiet weekend then the Way Hostal is maybe not the best place to stay because there is often party and socializing going on with good Music, people cooking and chatting a lot and having a good time. I also like the Paella-evening on Saturdays! And the Tango-dance evening with "real local tango dancers" was great to watch.. I would love to come back to Way Hostal again! (And Julian from the reception is great too! ;) )

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo