“Food was good, but I was expecting more based on the reviews”
Review of Taberna Alhambra

Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centro
Reviewed July 13, 2016

Went here because of the reviews and suggestion from our hotel. It was just around the corner. Was busy, but not overly so at 9pm. Had a free tapa with our drinks and ordered 3 plates. We ordered "pinckled" anchovies, shrimp, and goat cheese with "hopeful" onions. Some translation app is getting lost in the translation! Anyway, all the food was good. Wished they had given us individual plates to put our food on. Waiter was "there" but not overly attentive. Not as much selection as I anticipated, and there was a range of prices, so it could be a cheaper meal, or more expensive.

Date of visit: July 2016

Reviewed July 9, 2016 via mobile

I had the huge leg of lamb and my wife the meatballs. Both were served with French fries. Huge portions and at a great price. This place was full of locals during lunch on a Saturday. Would highly recommend.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed June 30, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I stopped in here before a flamenco show. The staff was very friendly and were quick to offer food suggestions. The steak with chimichurri was perfectly cooked and a big portion. The sauce wasn't the typical cilantro/parsley chimichurri that I'm used to in the states, but it was very good! Overall, great value for two meals and sangrias. We would come back to Alhambra.

Reviewed June 29, 2016

I really like this bar and make a point of dropping in every time I'm nearby. It does stonking good Albarino which it trumpets as being "cojanudo" (the dog's b's) and they are not far short!! Tapas is good and free with the booze. More extensive meals are also available in an adjacent dining area, which are reasonable price and quality...but the main reason to come imo is the extensive crack and friendly service. well recommended

Reviewed June 26, 2016 via mobile

We went here for lunch on account of the good reviews. We were not disappointed. The prices were good. We finally got free tapas with a beer. There lobster was excellent. We walked away with a full stomach for a good price. I would recommend this place.