“EXCELLENT PLACE TO WRAP UP MY TRIP TO SPAIN”

Crowne Plaza Madrid Airport
Ranked #185 of 438 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 11 April 2017

Arrived from Malaga by train to finish up our Spain Tour. It cost 30 Euro from Atocha Train Station to the Hotel. Checked in around 2 pm for two nights and received a room immediately. This is a great property with a cafe and restaurant on site. I even enjoyed room service. Room came with a mini-bar with prices reasonable for consumption; two comfortable beds; a bathroom with a soaking tub and shower separate; and nice laptop working area. I was able to purchase large bottled water at the cafe on the ground floor. The staff at the restaurant was very polite and the food was delicious. Instead of the buffet breakfast because it wasn't included in my room rate, I enjoyed coffee and croissants from cafe on the ground floor. My girlfriend left the night before so she took a taxi to the airport (Terminal 1) for 20 Euro. I was fortunate to leave the following morning at the right time to catch the complimentary shuttle to the airport (Terminal 4). I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone looking to stay outside of the city close to the airport. Great food, relaxation and comfort.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
CPMManagement, Director General at Crowne Plaza Madrid Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2017

Dear Easylivingtravel,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to review Crowne Plaza Madrid Airport and providing feedback concerning your stay.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Madrid Airport

Reviewed 26 March 2017

My biggest complaint about staying in hotels is the level of noise that could be controlled with better design, but, this Crowne Plaza was like a sanctuary after spending several nights in noisy hotels.
I did take the shuttle from the airport, and after calling, they were there for me in about 20 minutes. The reception was friendly and warm. I booked a King Deluxe room and I was a little worried when the desk lady explained that my room was on the first floor. She said that it was one of the better rooms, in her opinion. She was right. It faced an interior courtyard and had a secondary door that separated the sleeping room from the hall to the entry door and bathroom. Both those things combined gave for a very very quiet room.
The bed was a little stiff but not uncomfortable. The bathroom was very large and everything was very clean. There were plenty of toiletries and the towels were nice and fluffy.
Complementary bottled water and tea/coffee station made this room complete.
I did dine in the hotel restaurant, and although a little no-frills, the food was very good and the waitstaff were friendly and prompt.
If I needed to stay close to the airport again I'd choose the Crowne Plaza.

Room Tip: The ground level rooms facing the courtyard are actually very quiet
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank acswift
CPMManagement, Director General at Crowne Plaza Madrid Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2017

Dear acsswift,

Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

This hotel is really worth the price in regards to the quality of the room. They are modern, spacious and of course clean. Bathroom was great too. The hotel is close to the airport which is reall convenient. Personnel was very friendly and check-in and out were fast. I would definitely go back. Wifi is free.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
CPMManagement, Director General at Crowne Plaza Madrid Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2017

Dear Jetrotteleglobe,

Reviewed 17 March 2017

Location

The hotel is located on the side of a motorway about 25 minutes or so from the airport. Its about few miles further out than the Marriot. There is nothing in the area and it feels like a industrial business park. There is a free shuttle in that website states it is every 30 min, however I ran to the bus and the guy looked at me and drove off. Not a good start. However after calling reception, he re-turned up about 15 minutes later. Be ware the bus can only carry possibly about 8 passengers, so if it is busy well your stuffed and have to wait till next one. Saying that you book one back to the airport in the morning in which guarantees your slot.

Room

The room I was given on the ground floor did not feel like a crown plaza room, more like Crown plaza had just taken over from say a best western standard of room (not premiere) however they charged a reasonable rate so it makes sense- but there is nothing innovative or modern about the room other than the TV. Saying that the room was spacious, clean and very wooden decor, sightly cold & old etc. The bed though was large and quite firm. The most disappointing aspect were the pillows that felt cheap quality and very long, not comfortable and more what you expect at an Ibis. However large bed side tables either side with a phone. Light controls were easy as next to bed and there are lamps either side, each has a spotlight that assume you can use as a reading light - but they didn't work despite many attempts at all the switches. There are multiple light options.
There is also one plug socket on one side
The room offers two red felt arm chairs - great for an old couple.
A large desk does face the bed and was of good size but looks like it is from the 80's with some obvious wear and tear- opening one of the door is very loose so its certainly not well maintained. This where the fridge is- full of mini bar items and on top sweets and everything chewing gum, halls etc, must be a big income for them. There is also a kettle and some teas and coffee with water bottles though it doesn't say if they are complimentary.
The desk though has a lamp & a large mirror- it is pretty spacious to work on a computer from. There is also a luggage rack.
Tall wardrobes exist that contain a laptop size safe, iron and board. Plus a robe.
The bathroom also felt quite old with a combination shower and bath. No temple spa amenities here like every other C Plaza I have stayed a, instead they have in house 'crown plaza' branded mini bottles shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, x2 of everything except the most important item- shower gel whereby you only get one. However they do offer a dental kit & shoe polish.
The washroom does offer a bidet and is clean though- it just looks as dull & clinical.
The highlight of the room is the relaxing sleeping kit, different from the temple spa version but has a pillow spray and roll on pulse relaxer. This was nice.
Overall the room was disappointing and not really representative of at the all the many crown plaza's I have stayed at globally. The pillows were the item that disappointed me the most. This room you also can not open to get some fresh air, just stuck with sealed windows and AC though that is digital.

Facilities

WIFI is free and secure worked on two devices. There is a premium option though.
They have a business centre but the cheekily charge for internet access on it.
I noticed a bar / restaurant and 24 hours room service but didn't use any.
There is also a gym but didn't see it.
The hotel seems to be a car hire place as well, similar to the Marriot but it is more prominent in reception so expect the bus fills up as a result of this.

Staff

Starting with the van, other than looking at me and driving off from airport which in itself was rude since i banged on door. But when he did finally return after I complained 20 minutes later, the driver put stuff on top of my bag which concerned me because it had a fragile sticker on it and only noticed this after he removed a large item on top of it. Was not impressed as wanted to put on my lap anyway which he wouldn't allow. Lucki the china items inside didn't break but they could of following this negligence.
Reception staff was very unenthusiastic, no welcome no smile, demanding a 50 euro deposit which is fine but I stayed in the Marriot down the road a few days earlier and they did not require this- they just gave me the option. Perhaps I was 'sensitive' because of van issues but I didn't get a warm reception or feel the brand's reputation of service and product is being maintained in line of the reputable standards of the IHG hotels. Definitely the weakest one I have stayed at. However to be fair she did ask when I cud be leaving and booked me in for a van and then offered a wake up- perhaps keen to get rid of me!
They also don't read the room requests with pre-booking since when I asked for a high floor which 95% of hotel honour or say sorry they don't have. It felt this hotel just ignores requests.

Overall I would say the Marriot down the road is a much better option if its the same price. That hotel has tons of facilities including free use of business centre, vending machines shops and a fantastic spa, pool area & gym polite and warmer staff with a much more modern arty room. Crown plaza honestly felt more 3 star & I got the impression they took over a former lower quality hotel so its in need of an update to meet the global level of the brand. However the sleeping amenity kit they give is very nice and relaxing which aids one to get to sleep on the uncomfortable pillows and destress from the frustration of the hotel. Probably why they have it...

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We apologized that your recent stay did not meet expectations.

Our hotel is located 3 KM from T1,T2,T3 and 14 Km from T4. It takes you around 10-15 min by bus/taxi. Our shuttle runs to airport each 15 min from 7:00 to 23:00. We have different buses available.

Our rooms are 30mts aprox, they are spacious. Kettle facilities are included for free. Also we offer wáter complimentary. Regarding amenities we follow all Crowne Plaza Standars. (2shampoo, 2gel, 2bodylotion, 2 conditioner). Dental kit and shoe polish are available in our front desk. For segurity reason you can open 10cm our window in your room.

We offer for free Wifi. Our Gym is free and it is available 24 hours.

During you stay we need a credit card as waranty if you do not have we will request you 50 € as desposit.

We appreciate your comments and will share these with our team so that we can continue to improve our services.

Best Regards

Reviewed 15 March 2017

Booked for March 15-19, 2017 for vacation. Arrived after midnight due to a flight delay. Aiort shuttle took one hour. Upon arrival, we were told that they had cancelled our reservation due to the credit card on file not going through. We were never informed of a cancellation. Stranded in Spain with three young kids. Prior to our departure, we went into the ihg website to retrieve and print reservations as we always like paper copies. The reservation was still ok at that time, however we did notice that prices were four times what we had booked our rooms at. Guess someone was willing to pay the higher price so they cancelled our reservations.... Goodbye ihg, staying away from this brand forever...

Room Tip: None. Stay away from this one!
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family

Dear Sgkanar,

Thank you for your feedback. We apologized that your recent stay did not meet your expectations.

We contacted to you before your arrival because your credit card was denied.
However, we did not receive any answer from your side. Credit cards must be active because we waranty reservations until 18h. This information is provided when you booked our hotel.

When you arrived we did all our best and provide you another reservation in a hotel close to us. Also we provided you the transfer for free from our hotel to this hotel. We offered you our best support.

Finally, we could not provide you the room because the reservation was made for 4 people which is our max occupancy and you were 5 people.

Best regards,

Reviewed 14 March 2017

It is what it is a modern Airport hotel out of town and next to a motorway. The hotel offer a free airport transfer so big tick in the box. Staff at 12.45 at night were helpful and friendly.
The room was modern, comfortable and well equipped with a very good bathroom. The only thing was the noise from the motorway next to hotel.
Breakfast was self service and moderate.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business

Dear MCMB1971,

Reviewed 13 March 2017

The hotel has good access to main roads of Madrid. It is a few minutes drive from Madrid Barajas Airport.
Rooms are spacious, and equipped with a wide variety of amenities.
The breakfast is good with a few typical Spanish items.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
CPMManagement, Director General at Crowne Plaza Madrid Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2017

Dear A-Hodaiby,