“Magnificient Avenue, wide and large”

Paseo de la Castellana
US$36.02*
Madrid Panoramic Tour with Museo Reina Sofia Entrance Ticket
Ranked #97 of 829 things to do in Madrid
More attraction details
Owner description: Wide, tree-lined avenue leading up to the world-famous Prado museum.
Reviewed 13 May 2016

I took part in the Rock 'n' Roll Madrid marathon and I had the pleasure to run along this place. I do a lot of marathon and I discover parts of cities that one would not maybe normally visit.

It is so beautiful and large and on the day I was on it I had it almost to myself. It was a Sunday and the marathon meant there was no traffice. I had lived in Madrid many moons ago but on a normal day there is so much traffic.

It is just a beautiful place and worth a visit. It is one of the largest and widest avenues in Madrid and it has so many great sites including the famous Estadio Santiago Bernabéu which is the home of Real Madrid.

Take a walk along it as it is a really fantastic avenue. Take your time as beauty like this is rare and the views like wise.

I was not exactly solo if you consider all the other athletes but maybe I was as I looked around and marveled at such a beautiful avenue in a beautiful city

Reviewed 6 May 2016

We love taking a walk here whenever we are back to Madrid.
The sidewalls are wide and we love taking a look at the historic palaces and buildings found here.

The Paseo de la Castellana is a very long avenue with many lanes of traffic.

1  Thank greekcypriot2009
Reviewed 20 April 2016

The Paseo de la Castellana is a very long avenue with many lanes of traffic. The avenue passes many beautiful buildings. It is a good place to take a long walk. There are many large trees along the avenue.

Reviewed 16 April 2016

This is a wide dual carriageway heading you north out of Madrid and as such I find it difficult to describe it as an "attraction", especially as it takes you through the business sector and so what you see (from Ruta 2 on the HOHO bus) is largely skyscraper offices and department stores.

Reviewed 12 April 2016

A long avenue that takes you through Madrid. The largest Corte Ingles is there and quite impressive. Many restaurants, cafes and attractions. You can walk or run comfortably on a spacious sidewalk.