“Perfect stay in a wonderful location.”
other travellers have booked this property
FROM GALLERY GALLERY
MAIN ENTRANCE
Puerta de Alcala
Royal Palace
Plaza Mayor
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
sophed
Sydney, Australia
“Perfect stay in a wonderful location.”
Reviewed September 18, 2012 for a stay in April 2012
people found this review helpful

I stayed here in April with my family (2 adult children) for 3 nights as part of a months trip round France and Spain. We loved our stay here - the apartment while small was very cosy and had everything you could need. It was very nicely decorated with lovely bright colours, a comfortable couch/sofa bed and dining table. While the ceiling was low there was a skylight with a view over the Madrid streets. The kitchen was well equipped for cooking and there were nice little necessities for when we arrived such as tea bags, toilet paper etc. which all the other apartments we stayed in didn't. It was on the 3rd floor with no lift which didn't bother us at all. It is in the most beautiful old historic building that was very old but beautifully decorated and maintained.
When we walked out the door we realised as well as being in a lovely area we were very central to everywhere which to me is a major plus when you only have a few days in each place. When we walked up behind the apartment we ended up right near Mercado de San Miguel (fantastic market) Plaza Mayor, the palace and shopping area. Across the road was a lovely area of little narrow streets full of bars and restaurants (Calle Cava Baja)
Dealing with Carmen was so easy and by far the best experience out of all the apartment rental dealings. Before we left we corresponded by email then when we got to Madrid we rang her as we headed to the apartment (we were driving) and met her outside. The security was good with a code to get in. Carmen showed us around the apartment, explained everything and there were instruction books on all the appliances. As we wanted to get an early start to Barcelona on our last day Carmen met us the night before to give us back our bond. The only downside of renting apartments over hotels is the meeting up. We had to ring ahead which was difficult when we weren't using phones overseas (been bitten before when travelling from Australia) and then having to meet up again to get bond back and for them to check the apartments whether it's the night before or the day of leaving can be difficult. We had made the arrangement with Carmen when we first arrived but on the actual day we were miles away over the other side of Madrid and we had to rush back. I'm not sure how this could be improved - but it's definitely better to stay in an apartment with a family of 5 rather than a hotel.
Madrid is fantastic - we really loved it - the palace and parks are beautiful as are the bustling squares and shops and I would definitely stay here again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location was fantastic and apartment was cute and cosy.
Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
ChicagoFa...
Chicago
“Absolutely perfect”
Reviewed September 17, 2012 for a stay in August 2012

Excellent location (historic district). Train station is walk-able in 25 minutes. Very well furnished and spotless apartment. Just enough space for my husband and I and two teenage children. Air conditioning was outstanding. Lovely building. Carmen was so accommodating and helpful while we planned this trip. Definitely 4 stars.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: location, combination of historic building with modern furnishings
Liked least: We liked everything about this place.
Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Ireland

Rugged travelers
San Diego
Reviewed May 3, 2012 for a stay in April 2012

Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing