Lowest prices for your stay
US$202
Expedia.comUS$212
Trip.comUS$213
eDreamsUS$202
3,798 results
All reviews top floor rooftop bar plaza mayor wonderful hotel corner room small balcony mini bar would highly recommend this hotel breakfast buffet is visiting madrid atlantico gran street spain subway
Selected filters
Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

I choose Hotel Atlantico for its prime location and 4 star status. That said it was disappointing and I will not be going back. It is located on the main super touristy strip of Calle Gran Via which lacks any neighborhood charm. Centrally located but next to an H&M and Burger King. Ease of location is one thing but the area just wasn’t great to stay in unless you want to go to big mass chain stores. Area also lacked good restaurants. The staff was very lackluster- the front desk is run 24/7 by older men who were not friendly what so ever. I stayed 3 nights and 4 days during that whole time the wifi would not work. It showed full bars but would not actually work, extremely slow, nothing streaming would work etc. I asked the front desk twice and they told me it was my phone however I could not get it to work on multiple devices. They were dismissive when I brought it up. The room was very clean and the mattresses were very hard (which I personally like). The room however was dated- there were two wall unit hairdryers that barely worked. Not many channels and only local ones- not one channel was in English and no option to purchase movies, etc. There was no complimentary water, no hot water available and no coffee set up. There was no prices for drinks in mini bar or bottle opener for beers. The room was very basic and lackluster. My room was an interior one with a window facing a wall and had little natural light, very dark. What I disliked most was that as a solo female traveler there was no chain or safety lock in the room. Twice maids came barging in room before 9 am while I was still in bed. My fault for not putting the do not disturb sign up but I thought that they would not come early. I didn’t like how anyone with an key could come in my room at any time. Also my window opener onto a landing that could be very easily accessed by any other rooms also with windows on the landing. I did not feel safe. Anyone could have walked off Gran Via and gone up to to rooms. A key card is not required for elevator and no one checks who comes into the hotel. I saw glowing reviews on this place by people saying it should be a 5 star hotel.... those people have never stayed at a 5 star property then. This was 3 star AT BEST. The only thing I can say positive was it was clean.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank madgie-nyc
evavgarcia, Assistant Director at Hotel Atlantico, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2020

Dear 665alyp,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations.

We are very surprised to hear that you found our staff lackluster, our location bad -we are in the hearth of the city-, room dated -it has been recently renovated with the new equipment-; the general feedback about all this subjets, in general is very positive.

Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

Reviewed January 15, 2020

Very good hotel at the center of gran via street, feels like 5 stars. I lost my iPhone in a store near the hotel. The lady in reception agreed to make an international call and talked with a woman who found my iPhone, thanks to her patient the problem was solved - happy ending!
Muchísimas gracias !!!

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank BatelC
evavgarcia, Assistant Director at Hotel Atlantico, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2020

Dear BatelC.

Many thanks for your comments regarding the hotel and location.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and rest assured that your comments will be shared with Vernadette. She was delighted to read your comment as she does really go out of her way to help all our guests. We are very happy to hear that finally you found your IPhone.

I sincerely hope we will be able to welcome you back to Hotel Atlantico again soon.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed December 26, 2019 via mobile

Lovely hotel in the city center. This beautiful building is very close (within 10-15 min walking) to most of the main sites. Rooms are spacious and they are very clean!! Bathroom was also large with double sink- also very clean! Our bonus was that we were able to check into our rooms upon arrival after a cross Atlantic red-eye flight!! Only downsides were no view from our room (superior) and very thin walls that you can hear your neighbors next door or upstairs. The breakfast buffet is plentiful (with hot and cold options) and reasonably priced. The rooftop terrace and bar are gorgeous with great views. Overall it was a comfortable, well-situated hotel to stay over the holidays!!

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Shetravells5
evavgarcia, Assistant Director at Hotel Atlantico, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2019

Dear Shetravells5.

We would like to thank you for having taken the time to comment on your recent stay at Hotel Atlántico and we are very happy that overall you have enjoyed your stay with us.

We are very happy to read you enjoyed our hotel and location, as well as the terrace. Thank you also for your nice comments about the cleanliness, room and breakfast. We deeply apologize that you would not like the views. Next time ask on request exterior views. We will try to do our best. We also apologize if you had problems with the interior noises of the hotel. Thank you very much for your remark which constantly help us in improving our standards and the service to our guests.

We very much hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Warmest regards,
Eva García

Reviewed December 8, 2019 via mobile

We just came back from a trip here to see the Christmas lights in Madrid. This hotel was very well located and had the BEST towels I have had at a hotel in a long time. Add in great water pressure and you are assured a great rinse the minute you land after a long plane ride. The bed was the usual European fare but the pillows were nice. Rooftop bar was very nice, even on a December evening. Overall I would highly recommend this hotel

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank michalmm
evavgarcia, Assistant Director at Hotel Atlantico, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2019

Dear michalmm.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at Hotel Atlántico and for your recommendation.

We are very glad to hear such a nice words about our location, towels, shower and comfort of the pillows. We are also happy the hear you enjoyed our rooftop bar.

It will be a real pleasure for us to host you in our hotel again.
With kind regards
Eva García

Reviewed December 7, 2019

We loved this hotel! It has Old World charm, a lovely breakfast buffet, & a friendly & helpful staff! It is located in a central part of Madrid with plenty of shops & restaurants & close to a hop-on hop-off bus stop. We also took advantage of the hotel bar @ reasonable prices. The barkeep also uncorked a bottle for us to enjoy in our room. I wish the weather had been warmer, as I would have loved to open the balcony windows & enjoy the street music.

Date of stay: November 2019
2  Thank redundantecho

Dear redundantecho.

Thank you very much for your kind mention of our hotel. Our staff strives to create a service experience for our guest that is lasting. We appreciate all of your comments and hope to see you again in the near future.

Yours in Service,