Melia Madrid Princesa
Agoda.com
  • Pool
US$316
2,521 results
All reviewslevel loungeventura rodriguezlevel servicegrand premium roomlevel experienceplaza espanametro stationroyal palacetapasexcellent hotelpaellaper daybreakfast buffet ismodern hotelcentral locationmain attractionsbusiness hotel
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I stayed two nights a the Melia Madrid Princesa and it was a great experience. The hotel has a really "cool" feel throughout the property. The lounges are nice and comfortable and the staff was very friendly and helpful, especially to a non-spanish speaking American! I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I stayed here on business last week for a couple of nights and it was very compfy.

I have to say it looked like a 1960's office block on the outside but probably a 4* on the inside. There rooms were very nice and the beds compfy.

The staff were very helpful.

I also went to El Club Allard for dinner which is less than a 5 minute walk away. Quite outstanding food.

for the price at £140 pounds I thought it very good and werepositioned.

Chris

Room Tip: Ask for a room on one of the higher floors. You get a great view of Madrid
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed January 27, 2012

I loved my room, and the bathroom was very luxurious! My room was very funky, stylish, and beautiful. The hotel was lovely. The location was great in Madrid. The staff was fairly friendly. I had trouble with my window and a maintenance person literally came within a minute from my call to the front desk. It was a good stay for a 5 star but the staff could have been more friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Overall I was satisfied with my weekend stay, despite a very bad late check-out experience.

I chose this hotel for its unbeatable central location - a mere ten-minute-walk to Plaza de Espana and Gran Via. Metro station "Ventura Rodriguez" is directly under the hotel while both stations "Arguelles" and "Plaza de Espana" are very close nearby.
Booked my stay on Melia own website - booking process quick and easy, I opted for a Premium room at 145EUR excluding breakfast.

Check-in quite satisfying - the receptionist on duty was welcoming and friendly.

Premium room on the 2nd floor - I found it modern and quiet enough. Many amenities were available: individual air-conditioning, large desk, quite comfortable King-size bed. Other goodies included a comprehensive media equipment (flatscreen TV, DVD/CD player, USB ports), design sofa, coffee-making facilities. All equipment were working properly.
The bathroom layout is very strange as it is split in two rooms: the first one includes two sinks but also the closets (!), while WC and bath are located in the second room! Bath and WC spotlessly clean and with many amenities including dental and shaving kits.

On the downside the Melia website is quite misleading as it advertises "very bright rooms, all with views over the city" for Premium rooms. It was definitely NOT the case as my room looked over some emergency stairs and a narrow side street - very disappointing.

Breakfast buffet was a bit expensive, therefore I preferred to eat outside.
Efficient room service at very reasonable prices - I ordered some tapas for dinner (Iberian croquettes, bacalao fritters) which were quite tasty.

The end of my stay was unfortunately let down by a very ILL-MANNERED maid service. I had asked for and been granted a late check-out until 15:00.
I returned to my room at 13:30. Despite the "Do not disturb" sign, I found that half of the room had already been cleaned up! There were already new towels and soaps in the bathroom; on the opposite bed sheets had been stripped out but were still laying on the floor. More disturbingly I missed some of my toiletries and Madrid city maps that I wanted to keep. Fortunately I had put my cash and travel documents in the locked safe - what if I had not?!

I complained about that during the check-out process. But the receptionist just smiled and shrugged away. I guess this might be a common occurence. However, as I am willing to pay extra for a Premium room, I also expect to be treated accordingly.
This poor late check-out experience cast a shadow on an overall good stay in Madrid.

All in all I can recommend this hotel for its unbeatable central location. However remember to always lock your valuables in the safe as the "Do not disturb" sign does not prevent anybody from entering your room.

Room Tip: Do not be misled by the hotel website: some Premium rooms do not have a view
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank q-sto
Reviewed January 7, 2012

This was my second stay this year at Princesa and although it has its little flaws it is ideal for a quiet comfortable stay close to the action in Madrid. Location is safe and central. There is a metro station just at the corner of the hotel. Bus stop is in the middle of the block. No reason to take a taxi except perhaps from the airport. Rooms are of good size for Europe and there is adequate space for your belongings. Bathrooms are modern and very clean. Breakfast, though expensive, was enough to get us through the day until dinner each evening. I would definitely go back to the "Princess".

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple