2,086 results
All reviews the club lounge platinum ambassador ruben dario booked a club room gregorio maranon paseo de la castellana business district an upgrade beautiful hotel five star hotel business trip metro station nice room city centre long weekend mini bar tapas
Reviewed January 9, 2017

I've stayed at this hotel twice and have been very pleased with my experience on both occasions. The rooms are very nice and I found the staff to be quite friendly and accommodating. It's situated on a lovely street with a nice path for jogging. I will plan to stay here again for my trip to Madrid in March.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
ICMadrid, Director General at InterContinental Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2017

Dear Rubyred582,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience in our Hotel.

We are pleased you enjoyed our jogging map!!

We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Kind regards from Madrid.

Reviewed January 8, 2017

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay at InterContinental Madrid. It is real nice luxurious place to stay while in Madrid. Few things that I appreciated (1) Nice comfortable room with all luxurious amenities (2) As a technie, appreciated the super fast Free Wi-Fi. Truly fast! (3) As a IHG Rewards member got access to Lounge. That was just amazing. Good snacks and drinks throughout the day. If you don't have IHG rewards, join before you book (it is free). The daily morning breakfast buffet was great too.

The one thing to consider is that the hotel is few miles away from key attractions like Museo del Prado, Puerta del Sol (i.e. not easily walk-able). If these are the places you are going frequent during your stay in Madrid, then something to consider. However, for us, we were using the Hop-on-Hop-off bus (which had a stop very nearby), so it was a non-issue.

I would highly, highly recommend this place for luxury stay at very reasonable price. The staff is super friendly. If I were to visit Madrid again, I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Get IHG reward membership to get benefit of the hotel lounge. If you are from India, then there is an Indian channel too.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Sachin G
ICMadrid, Director General at InterContinental Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2017

Dear Sachin G,

Reviewed January 7, 2017

I seldom write bad review about a hotel.. This is the last stop of our honeymoon trip and we planned to celebrate it with IC Madrid, I never had an experience like this for an IC hotel...

1. There is no slippers in the room. I've visited tons of the intercontinental hotels, there is none like IC Madrid without a slipper provided...
2. There is no bottled water provided as well.. I usually get "premium water" like evian or perrier for the water. In this hotel, I even didn't get any water prepared.
3. There is only 1 dental kit provided.. IC Madrid should realize that I'm having honeymoon with my wife and we've of 2 occupancies.. Surprisingly there is only 1 dental kit.
4. There is no special setting at all for honeymoon.. (yes.. the hotel said in the email that the room is well prepared.. After entering the room, it's normal than normal.. There is no flower, dove towel, wine or anything at all... just a normal room.
5. I never receive any ambassador gift at all, no fruit plate , no toy , no welcome drink. any....
6. There is a glue / sticky things on the working desk , which is very disgusting when my clothes stick to it when I am working... I amazed the cleaning lady didn't notice of it before..

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joejoejoehk
ICMadrid, Director de Recepción at InterContinental Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2017

Dear Joejoejoehk,

We feel very sorry about your experience.

Please feel free to contact me at juancarlos.caballero@ihg.com so I can provide you additional information about what happened.

Please accept our apologies and kind regards,

Juan Carlos Caballero

Reviewed January 7, 2017

The hotel is not far away from the heart of the city, however from the first moment you feel the very high standart of the service.In the check ib you met a very warm welcome' the room is made in the very high standart, the breakfast is amazing . the staff are very friendly. the metro station is 3 minutes from the hotel. The club Lounge realy excellent.
this is one of the best hotel that I met.

Room Tip: take the rooms with the balcony.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
ICMadrid, Director General at InterContinental Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2017

Dear Motty G,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and you give us a 10 on our way of service. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We hope you will visit us again.

Happy New Year!

Reviewed January 5, 2017

Starting from the very professional and friendly staff that welcome you with the best kindly manners...you will experience an exceptional service and always fantastic experience.

Staff very well trained and able to take care of all your needs.

Always our number one!

Room Tip: You will experience a great service wherever you stay...
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business