So, by now I must sound like a broken record. I always mention that I am not picky about hotels, as long as they clean, have a shower, a bed (to sleep), and a door.
This hotel was booked through a middle party with airtickets as well. We usually do not take breakfast with a room (as its usually sucky), but it was included in the price, so we left it alone. I do rely on my fellow travelers to check about breakfast ahead, so I know what I would be dealing with.
A week before departing I contacted hotel via email to confirm reservations, so I would not loose time on a day of arrival, or not to have any issues at check in. The booking was done well in advance, but the hotel did NOT have us in a system. So please, check before you get on a plane. Everything was ok, and the hotel confirmed the booking after about 10 emails.
I will go over transport to and from hotel at the end.
Room: We were on a third floor right around the corner from elevators, no noise. The only noise we heard was people banging their doors on leaving and coming. Not a biggie.
Beds were bigger than expected, althoug flat. Still slept like a baby after a day of walking.
There are extra blankets, and pillows if needed. The tv was better than in most US hotels, much more updated, the mini fridge was usable. We would go to a supermarket (5 minute walk from hotel, front desk will guide you where), buy food, water, fruits and it was perfect.
Bath: YOu could not ask for anything better, shower was awesome, very pleasant. Hair dryer provided. The only thing I would say is if you picky about shampoo you are using, bring your own. They only have shampoo/shower gel in one thing.
AIr conditioner/Heater: We went in first week of november, they only had heating (the opposite in summer). Not a problem. It was always hot in a room, and we would open windows. Now, windows I loved!! US should take notice. There were two sets of windows, and the second one was different. If you just want the room no to be stuffy, open one set of windows, you will not be cold, but you will still feel the difference. If you want the breeze go all the way out.
Breakfast: Like I said usually I do not eat breakfast in a hotel. This was nice though. WE had a FULL breakfast (check when booking) from 7:30-10:30am. Four types of juices, coffee, tea, water. A choice of cold cuts, nice cheeses, fruits (not always that great), types of bread and buiscuits, scrambled eggs (tried and left it alone), omelets, bacon. Cereals, pastries. Basically it was more than we could ask for, because of this we ate twice a day only. We had their breakfast and than we would come back at the end of the day and have lunch/dinner in a room. Sometimes taking a detour and grabbing a cup of tea and pastry and a street cafe :). 2 cups of tea and 2 pastries was about 8 Euros.
If you are on a budget, you can spend very little money, depending on your program and choices.
Metro stop Piramides.
from airport: !!! before getting on a metro grab a metro map at the information desk, and then buy tickets at the machines.
take a metro # 8, transfer to #10, and then #5. coming from terminal 4 to the hotel took about an hour, no more. And we paid 5 Euros for 2 metro tickets, thats it. Metro stop Piramides has two exits, if you want to come out right at the hotel, take the last cars of line #5, do not go to the beginning of the metro cars.
You can go back to the airport same way.
30-45 minute walk to metro stop Plaza Eliptica (Toledo Review will be following very soon).
10-15 minute walk to Toledo Gates, just wonderful
30 minute walk to Atocha metro/renfe station
30-40 minute walk to Plaza Mayor, another 5-10 minute walk to Sol
We did not have a map, so we walked to Sol, and got a FREE good map at Cortes Ingles Department Store
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in front of Piramides subway and train station, the hotel is the best option to visit the Habsburg Madrid: 15 minutes walking from the main touristic attractions of the city and close to Vicente Calderón football stadium, Madrid Río and M-30 ring road access. Holiday Inn Madrid-Piramides is a three-star hotel with 93 comfortable rooms, wifi, flat TV and complete bathroom, among other facilities. It also has a lobby bar, a pleasant restaurant with international gastronomy, five meeting rooms (with capacity up to 170 attendees) and a bright hall. It is a cozy, comfortable and familiar hotel that stands out for its peaceful atmosphere and its attractive decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, IHG, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Madrid-Piramides reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Madrid-Piramides Hotel Madrid
- Rafaelhoteles Piramides Madrid
- Rafaelhoteles Piramides Hotel Madrid