Review Highlights
Birthday visit

We went here for my birthday whilst on a short getaway to Madrid. I loved the zoo, it was a first... read more

Reviewed today

Madrid Bike Tour
220 Reviews
from US$28.80
More Info
All reviews dolphin show giant pandas casa de campo sea lions white tiger birds of prey animal shows animals seem large variety of animals beautiful animals metro station cable car enclosures seal conservation captivity rhino
Reviewed today via mobile

We went here for my birthday whilst on a short getaway to Madrid.
I loved the zoo, it was a first ever for me to see a Giant Panda, I now have a new love for these animals, so funny to watch, could of watched them for ages.
Saying this some of the enclosures did seem a bit of a concrete jungle. Also felt some of the bigger animals could of had larger enclosures. However saying this still had a lovely day out. The aquarium was very impressive too. For me the Giant pandas and grizzly bears were the highlights.
I'm now Panda mad!

Reviewed 5 days ago

a very nice zoo well laid out ,we arrived on the metro and took the cablecar back to Madrid ,easy to find from the metro ,slightly longer walk back to cable car ,all the animals looked well ,the pandas so good and playfull easy to view up close plenty to keep you busy ,only downside a lot of the food outlets where shut ,but could be expected due to the season

Reviewed 1 week ago

What an amazing place to visit. If you have kids this is the place to be. We traveled as a family of 2 adults + 4 children and enjoyed our day although the rain tried to spoil it. The Zoo is big and the aquatic show was brilliant but short. Not all the shops were open may be because of the time of the year we visited but we still managed to enjoy ourselves. We saw most of the animals besides the giraffes which my daughter wanted to really see but the dolphin & sea lion shows made it up. Food at the restaurant was nice fresh & warm

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I had been to this zoo years and years ago. But then, years and years ago, the public was respectful. My visit in October 2018 was horrifying. People throwing food, chips, fruit, and even Cheetos to the animals. The animals get all riled up, and even some begin to fight. I mentioned to one man that it wasn't cool to feed the animals because they don't live on processed food. He told me I was hogwash, and that he's been doing it since he was a kid. Over at the monkey station, monkeys were fighting each other over Cheetos. I approached one of the workers because I was very disturbed about what I was seeing. I asked her don't they tell people to stop? She said yes, and sadly they laugh in her face. This zoo needs more attendants to keep watch over people throwing food and taunting animals. Spend money on more patrols, and you'll spend less on fixing dietary and dental issues of the animals. Also, when patrons are coming into the park, they must be warned that if they are caught feeding the animals, they will be kicked out of the park, and will be fined. I'm sure that will temper down the recklessness of feeding the animals. very sad....

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We spent a day at the Zoo and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The pandas clearly steal the show ( I think we visited them four times!) It was not just about the pandas, we enjoyed the aquarium and the dolphins. Why not 5 stars then? That's simply because there was only one restaurant open and you were reliant on expensive vending machines for drinks. I appreciate not peak season but Zoo could have done better with at least a couple of kiosks open selling ice creams etc. So my advice is take your own food and drink. The zoo was not busy but there were lots of very well behaved school groups.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Wonderful place to spend half a day with kids! Aquarium is not the best but a lot of different sea animals, sharks, fishes could impress kids. Try to feed flamingos (with special food!) they are so funny!

Zoo Aquarium d, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Zoo Aquarium de Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We are glad to enjoy your visit, thank you for your opinion. Kind regards.

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

I've visited this zoo 3 times now and loved it each time. My 2 kids ages 14 and 2 both love it. Its a little bit expensive as a child over 8 is classed as an adult but its worth it. (we paid €70 for 2 adults a 14 year old and free 2 year old). Pay online in advance as you will always get good deals. (Booking the zoo online at the moment provides you with a "40% off" code for parque de attractions which is a great day out for the kids too)
Shows at the zoo are really good including a seal and dolphin show.
The bears usually give you some good pictures sitting right up the front of their enclosure.
The baboons are hilarious, always entertaining, arguing and running around. There has got to be about 100 of them.
The aquarium is a good size with a huge shark that we enjoy watching.
Food is quite expensive and not very good.
Overall a great day out especially in good weather.

1  Thank Dana C
Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

The Zoo Aquarium de Madrid is a fantastic place. It is secluded in the park and easily able to get to from the casa de campo metro station. The price is reasonable and hours are very long so you will have plenty of time to see the whole place. The zoo and aquarium are packed full with animals, exhibits, and shows which will allow you to see things from all over the world. On nearly every sign, poster and billboard there is an English translation if your Spanish isn’t quite ready to read about the animals and everything there. Will definitely be returning to this place.

Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

If you’re a zoo enthusiast like me then you will find this one average as compared to the ones you find in some of the South East Asian countries.. The Panda bears were the star attractions though.. Its a good walk 10-15 mins walk from the Campo station..

1  Thank HirenP331
Reviewed September 20, 2018

We went here to see the pandas, they are so cute and very relaxed chomping away on there bamboo. We got a taxi here from central Madrid took about 20 mins. There are viewing points so you get a good look and photo opportunities. As we walked around the zoo we came across elephants they had two babies , beautiful animals so cleaver and protective of their young.
I was very pleased that the zoo wasn't like some older zoos were the animals looked bored, they had plenty of food and water and looked happy.
There are a few shows on like sea lions and dolphin, also penguin feeding and a show with birds of prey. If you have little ones there is a petting area and a number of little parks to play on and they have buggies for the little ones as well.
All around the zoo are areas in case you get hungry, snack huts with burgers and soft drinks.
All in all the zoo is very informative and gives you a good understanding of conservation.

Zoo Aquarium d, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Zoo Aquarium de Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2018

We are glad to know that you have been delighted with the visit. We hope they come back very soon.