“Well Appointed”

Hotel Urban
Ranked #17 of 436 Hotels in Madrid
“Well Appointed”
Reviewed 5 November 2011

This hotel is an incredible piece of modern art. Superb appointments through out the hotel and rooms make this a unique experience. Luxurious and located in the heart of town. There is an amazing collection of African art throughout the structure. The roof top bar and pool give an excellent place to get away from the crowds. I have been here twice, because the first visit just wasn't enough.

Room Tip: The rooms are a bit small but so well designed and beautiful that it wasn't an issue for me. Tr...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
DireccionDerbyHotels, Director General at Hotel Urban, responded to this review, 9 November 2011
Dear Sir.

Felix García Hernán

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Stavanger, Norway
Reviewed 5 November 2011

Thursday to sunday last week with a group of 20 people + baby. The service was perfect. Meeting facility downstairs very good for my group. Very good tapas served on the terrace. Service perfect also here. The hotel staff was there all the time ready to help, serve og find locations for us. Have already told one of my neighbors too book this hotel for their stay in Madrid in March next year.

The Urban Hotel also have a perfect location for walking to all the places you want too see. Tree minutes walk to the Placa Ana, ten minutes walk to Placa Major and so on. This hotel is very good!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Dear Sir.

Lucerne, Switzerland
Reviewed 3 November 2011

We really enjoyed our 4 nights stay at this beautifully designed hotel. The concierge was very friendly and gave us a lot of very helpful information about the city. Our tastefully decorated superior room with a good size bathroom made us feel very comfortable during our stay. The location is also perfect. We highly recommend this unique and charming hotel!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 November 2011

We decided to go for a suite at this hotel, not a junior suite, but a larger one. The suite was on the fifth floor and was promised to be sound proofed in the details. I liked the hotel and I liked the suite ,it seemed clean and nice, the decor was good and I was quite happy. Although we then noticed a nasty water mark on the wall and some leak/flood marks on the bathroom ceiling which should have been attended to considering the price of the room. Unfortunately our suite was directly below the bar and on the thursday and particularly on the friday night we were kept awake till 4 in the morning by loud noisy scraping and moving of furniture along the floor above our heads. It was so loud that it just seemed surreal. The bar closed at 3 in the morning but unbelievably the noise kept going after that. Eventually I decided to investigate and got dressed and went up to the bar which was on the roof terrace. I was met by shocked faces of some men clearing up as i tried to explain to them that we were trying to sleep underneath in the floor below. They looked suitably embarassed and i then returned to my room where we then managed to get some sleep. I later found out Sherlock Holmes style that there was a storage cupboard for the bar, directly above our room which must have been where the strange scraping and moving of furniture noises were coming from! As this had kept us awake on the thursday and especially on the friday we asked to be moved. To their credit the front desk did immediately move us to an identical suite on a quieter floor, but since we had lost sleep and then had to repack all our stuff I felt I had to ask for a discount and we were given 20 percent off those first two nights. The rest of our stay was fine but why put one of your supposedly best hotel suites below a very noisy part of the hotel?

Room Tip: Avoid fifth floor below bar!
3 Thank marumba_11

Reviewed 25 October 2011

Welcome was perfect. Rooms are amazing very modern and high spech. Food is excellent specially there ala carte restaurant. Only complaint is the matress on the bed! Location is great.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
DireccionDerbyHotels, Director de Recepción at Hotel Urban, responded to this review, 2 November 2011

Edinburgh
Reviewed 20 October 2011

This was my second stay in the Urban, the last time was 4 years ago. This time we were there for 5 nights so booked a duplex suite to get a bit more space.

On arrival the hotel staff were very friendly and welcoming. We chatted about the hotel and Madrid. We were also given vouchers for some champagne in the hotel. Check in was very quick and simple.

First impression of the room was that it was very dark. The downstairs bedroom was ok, but the window overlooked the building next door and the darkness made it feel small. Also downstairs was the bathroom and a walk in cupboard. The bathroom was a good size and was very clean. The cupboard was very big and there was plenty room to keep all our luggage.

The upstairs living room was a good size and was a comfortable, bright space to sit.

There were televisions in the upstairs and downstairs rooms but there were only a couple of English language channels and the picture quality was really bad. We didn't spend a lot of time in the room, but when we were there we didn't really have the option of watching tv. Some of the booking websites state that the rooms have DVD and CD players, but our room didn't.

The room is looking a bit worn in places, but overall it was a good room.

There is a charge for wifi in this hotel which is surprising as most hotels offer it free. There are 2 computers beside reception for guests to use, but one of them seemed to be in constant use when we were there and the other didn't work very well, there were keyboard problems that the reception staff couldn't really help with.

We didn't eat at the hotel. We went to the rooftop bar for our free champagne on the day we arrived, it was still open due to the extended good weather. It was a lovely place to sit and have a quiet drink, I would recommend that for the bar. We didn't use the pool.

The glass bar on the ground floor was very busy on our first night. We decided to go there on our second night after we'd been out. It was quiet, there were only a few other people in the bar when we got there and one person when we left, it lacked atmosphere.

The hotel location is excellent, you can easily walk around the city from here.

I enjoyed my stay here and I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
DireccionDerbyHotels, Director General at Hotel Urban, responded to this review, 21 October 2011
Dear Madam.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 7 October 2011

The staff was very friendly, helpful and accommdating. You are walking distance away from major attractions in the city (i.e. Plaza Mayor, Del Sol, The Palace, several museums and the Parc Retiro) to name a few. We had a Superior Room, which was small (like most European hotels) but nice. The room we had looks exactly like the picture posted on their website. Very clean. It would receive a higher rating, but the bed was not comfortable (very hard, could feel the springs and the pillow very soft). They only provide 1 hour of free WiFi so be aware of that.

2 Thank Cjcks1
DireccionDerbyHotels, Director General at Hotel Urban, responded to this review, 13 October 2011