Open today: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Book In Advance
Tours from Spanish Tapas Madrid tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Spanish Tapas Madrid
from US$41.20
from US$82.43
from US$129.53
More Info
All reviews first night tapas met luis guide luis recommend luis ham spanish omelette tortillas churros dietary restrictions private tour highly recommend this tour visiting madrid great introduction great company flamenco tour jamon
Reviewed April 4, 2018

The tapas tour was the absolute highlight of our Spanish honeymoon. Mario led us to the best food and and drinks we had while in Spain. He was extremely knowledgeable about the city’s history and food preparation techniques. We would do it again and again!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Luis O, Tour guide Mario Calvo at Spanish Tapas Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2018

Dear Elise,

First of all thanks for your booking with us, and specially for this review. Nice to read from you after a time!! I know you have a beatiful baby and saw some pics, Travis and I still keep contact in Fb

I am more than happy for my contribution to your honeymoon, and would love to see you again (as you say). Love that enjoyed the food and the drinks, I really felt I found true friends that night. Thanks again, I hope you let the baby know about Madrid in the future…

With my best wh ises and a big hug,

Reviewed February 24, 2018 via mobile

Mario was a fantastic and enthusiastic guide. We visited several different establishments with different atmospheres and enjoyed a whole range of tapas and drinks. It was a great way to see the city. We learnt a lot and visited places that we would never have stumbled across otherwise. Well worthwhile and good value for money. Definitely recommend it!

LuisMadrid1971, Tour Guide Mario Calvo at Spanish Tapas Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2018

Dear Laurie3B,
First of all, thanks for choosing Spanish Tapas Madrid for your tapas tour. And second, thanks a lot for your kind review...
I am glad to read that you really enjoyed the different places we visited and also learned a few things about our city and gastronomy as these are or main targets when we meet you at Puerta del Sol. I hope you had a wonderful time during your stay and a good trip back home.
And thanks for your recommendation!!
Warm regards,

Reviewed February 23, 2018 via mobile

I’ve done a few tapas tours, in Madrid and elsewhere, and Mario has the best knowledge of the food (& wine) that I’ve come across. You get plenty of food, don’t eat beforehand or you’ll miss out! The food is all delicious and a good mix of modern and traditional. I had to rush to get to a flamenco show I had booked and Mario insisted on walking me there to make sure I got in (a little late) with no problems. Great customer service!

Dear DonnaW,
Thank you very much for your nice words. We are proud that you consider our activity the best food tour you ever found and appreciate you mention it in your review. It is quite encouraging to be among your best experiences.
The "customer service" you mention is only that we want to do our best to make your visit a great pleasure and that you feel the traditional kindness that locals offer to our visitors (and hate that you miss your flamenco performance ☺). And last but not least, the knowledge about food and wine that you mention is nothing else than the result of our passion for what we are doing.
With best regards,

Reviewed February 9, 2018

Our guide Mario was a perfect host. His suggestions for the food and accompanying drinks were just right although there was flexibility to swap any of the dishes if we wanted to. We went to four very different establishments, enjoying a large variety of tapas. We never felt rushed and there was more food than we could eat. Mario was a font of knowledge providing lots of tips and information for places to visit. We really felt like we had a much better feel for the city and it’s layout. We would highly recommend taking this tour to anyone visiting Madrid and can’t thank Mario enough for a perfect evening.

Dear RichY,
First, thank you very much for booking Spanish Tapas Madrid four tour. As mentioned during it, we think it should be a relaxed intro to our gastronomy and this means that we will take as much time as we need for that.
Also thanks for your description of my knowledge about the city and the food, as said other times it is only how I show the love I feel for them. I wish you enjoy both as much as possible.
Finally many thanks also for recommending our experience to the TA community.
Cool regards,

Reviewed January 31, 2018

We did a private tapas tour with Luis and it really was fantastic. I've been to Madrid a couple of times before but Luis took us down streets we had never seen before, pointing out historical landmarks, and helping us get our bearings in the city. The places he took us to were excellent. We had fantastic Gambas al ajillo in a traditional old bar, learnt about and tasted various different types of jamon and ended with Chocolate y churros. We were treated like locals because we were with Luis, everywhere we went he was greeted warmly by the staff. We chatted for hours, ate incredibly well, and had a all round wonderful evening. Thank you Luis - hope to see you again some day!

LuisMadrid1971, Propietario at Spanish Tapas Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2018

Dear Lyndsey K
Thank you very much for your kind words.
It was my pleasure to be your host on that particular night.
We always try to make you feel a local experience in Madrid.
I am glad you enjoyed. I hope to see you soon.
Luis